THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is good news. It doesn't quite dim memories of the years of occupation but it is a start. 

I looked at the statistics, Germany-Holland is always special anyway. Played against each other 44 times since 1910. 

Germany: 16

Holland: 12

Ties: 16

Considering the huge difference in population, Holland comes out of this rather well.

Willem ''De Kromme'' van Hanegem is one of the greatest Dutch football players of all time, and what a character. Johan Boskamp is the same, still hates Germans with a passion, like a lot of people from Rotterdam.

I was talking to an American about this once and he didn't believe that the war is still a ''thing'' over here. It gets less with every generation but among many people there is still hatred towards Germans. Henry Rollins wrote an article about this and got it pretty accurate, especially for an American,

https://www.laweekly.com/henry-rollins-i-will-never-be-able-to-repay-my-debt-to-europe/

(.....) Although the areas that comprise Scandinavia, the United Kingdom and continental Europe are pretty spread out on the map, I think that, to a certain degree, they all share a connection that is as deep as it gets. World War II has united every European country, even neutral Switzerland, through blood, sadness and incalculable loss, in ways that are still detectable decades later. (.....)

The people of every country in Europe understand that almost everything can be lost, and that war takes several generations to fully recover from.  

Edited by EvanG

28 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Can't believe it I've put 100 quid on Wales to beat Belarus tonight and they've gone and picked an experimental aka wank side. Ryan Giggs you fucking shithead.

2 debuts!!! Fuck off. I've got absolutely no faith in these players.

8 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Get in! Quality youngsters these. Good crop. Reckon we will go far in the Euros.

:lol: 

• Haha 3

On 2019-09-07 at 4:11 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Great time for sport actually with the Ashes on, and the Rugby World Cup commencing soon - not to mention the US Open (tennis) and one or two other things. People are too obsessed with football in this country. 

Hope we don’t embarrass ourselves at this Rugby World Cup. #1 team in the world only on paper methinks. 

20 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

He was passed it age wise and had suffered a huge injury in the last game he played against Liverpool ( I think it was Pool ) 

He was also acting a right cunt in training towards a lot of players and was causing a toxic atmosphere.

Love the bloke to bits but the time was right for him to move on can't be too sour about it.

I get the feeling Fergie kind of looked for an excuse with him.  I would've loved to've heard that MUTV interview that all the fuss was over. 

23 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Must have been another interview and not this one Google suggests as you rightfully said @Len Cnut all copies where destroyed LOL that's pretty funny.

You can find it in print:

http://keepitonthedeck.com/blog/2017/1/27/roy-keane-mutv-interview-what-he-said

Now is that worth his getting slung out?

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I heard its unfindable, never broadcast and destroyed soon after filming. 

Keane was played that interview down later on reckons it was used as an excuse to get rid of him he said something like the way they were acting it's as if they had to take the tape into a field and get bomb disposal experts to get rid of it when all he did really was call out a few slacking players. It probably was pretty brutal mind given his track record. 

I love this clip of the little nutter 😂

• GNFNR 1

55 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Keane was played that interview down later on reckons it was used as an excuse to get rid of him he said something like the way they were acting it's as if they had to take the tape into a field and get bomb disposal experts to get rid of it when all he did really was call out a few slacking players. It probably was pretty brutal mind given his track record. 

I love this clip of the little nutter 😂

In the post above yours there's a transcript, which the juicy bits highlighted with pics, to be fair its not ever so bad.  To be fair that is disrespect, they know its the handshake moment, why you fuckin' bent over for?  

Edited by Len Cnut

Keane is a weirdo...

My buddy is a big United fan and a couple of years ago we were in the VIP are at a U2 gig, Keane was there and my buddy went up and asked if he could have a photo...

”my photo? Why would you want my photo”

ehhh I’m a big fan of yours Roy, and the team. 

“Well which is it like, me or the team?”

well eh both Roy. 

At this point Keanes wife said, just take the photo with him Roy. He kept saying stuff like it’s a team sport blah blah whatever. H

I was standing beside my buddy and said to Keane, don’t be a bollix take pity on the poor fuck and take a photo with him. 

He looked at me for 5 seconds laughed and said you have a pair of stones on ya. Then he put his arm round my buddy, pulled his missus in as well and smiled for the photo. 

It was like he enjoyed id called him a bollix.... Weird dude... 

Great player though. 

6 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Keane is a weirdo...

My buddy is a big United fan and a couple of years ago we were in the VIP are at a U2 gig, Keane was there and my buddy went up and asked if he could have a photo...

”my photo? Why would you want my photo”

ehhh I’m a big fan of yours Roy, and the team. 

“Well which is it like, me or the team?”

well eh both Roy. 

At this point Keanes wife said, just take the photo with him Roy. He kept saying stuff like it’s a team sport blah blah whatever. H

I was standing beside my buddy and said to Keane, don’t be a bollix take pity on the poor fuck and take a photo with him. 

He looked at me for 5 seconds laughed and said you have a pair of stones on ya. Then he put his arm round my buddy, pulled his missus in as well and smiled for the photo. 

It was like he enjoyed id called him a bollix.... Weird dude... 

Great player though. 

Sounds like he was just winding him up.  And yeah, you do get the feeling in interviews and such that he does enjoy or respect combativeness or lairyness in other people.  Not a big fan of his really, Arsenal supporter that I am.

12 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

You know whon ficks me off Paul Scholes when he was a player he would never do interviews or press stayed away from it.

The second he retires he is on BT Sport every night shitting on united.

Is he really shitting on United though?  The fact is they're not doing that well and the reason for that is shortcomings, people like Scholesy and Keane aren't gonna be nicey-nice about it, you'll get from them the same thing that you got from them on the pitch, in the same way Keown and Adams (though he's gone a bit mad, the latter) can be quite forgiving about Arsenal.  Wrighty was always a nice lad so you get a nice lad from him, Emmanuel Petit you get harshness from cuz he was (and still is) that sort of character.

6 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Gary Neville and Rio do it and i'm fine with it because they never shy'd away from the media as players.

Scholes used to be camera Shy and always insist he never wanted to be on TV.

The second he retires he pops up fucking everywhere like Herpes shitting on us.

I suppose I see what you mean.  On the other hand though he was reticent then because the football was what he did and it carried him through, he could get away with being away from camera but now punditry is his living.

Edited by Len Cnut