THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

41 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Let’s see how we are in January.... 😂

Which to an Arsenal fan like me is akin to asking the sufferer of a kick to the bollocks to wait a second before the true pain kicks in :lol:  3-2, wow.  

33 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Bet 365 have city at 4/1 you won't see odds like that again for a while

Remember when the season was us versus you lot?  Good old days!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, BrayWyatt said:

By the time laporte comes back from injury, man shitty will be 10 points behind self pity pool.

😂 maybe we will sir, but correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure we were 10 points behind Liverpool come the end of December last season and we all saw how that ended. 

Fernando Ricksen now no longer suffering, after a long fought battle against Motor Neurone Disease.

I hated him as a player, he was a battler but had the talent to distribute the ball. His lifestyle was of the same ilk as Nicholas, Gascoigne and the Holy Goalie, so he was always in the media about his antics along with his performances on the pitch. It's been sad seeing him decline in the same manner as what Jinky did, an absolute horrific illness.

God bless the two of them.

Rest in power

Image may contain: 2 people, people playing sport and outdoor

• Like 1

13 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

My favourite player of all time.

I absolutely love Ian Wright.  He's like the player of my childhood, the one that made football players (domestic anyway) look cool to me.  The one of that age where like...you're not old enough to be cynical yet so you just reckon they're the fuckin' bollocks.  And he's underrated as fuck too I reckon, he had pace, passion, got stuck into tackles, his goals, for the sheer fuckin' drive of em, make a cracking highlight reel too.  And he was basically a sunday league player that made it to the big time, even his celebration, especially early on, were like an unfiltered expression of joy, nowadays they're like rehearsed almost, the powerslide and the this and the that, Wrighty just started jumping about like a nutcase or just pegging it down to the other end of the pitch.  He talked, walked and acted like someone you might know. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The Ian Wright story is a great one.

Kid from a broken home in the Ghetto goes from sunday league to prison to premiere league

I’ve never looked at Lewisham (or particularly anywhere in England) as a ghetto.  I don’t think we really have ghettos.  When I think of ghettos I think of the South Bronx in the 1980s or Spanish Harlem in the 50s.

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I absolutely love Ian Wright.  He's like the player of my childhood, the one that made football players (domestic anyway) look cool to me.  The one of that age where like...you're not old enough to be cynical yet so you just reckon they're the fuckin' bollocks.  And he's underrated as fuck too I reckon, he had pace, passion, got stuck into tackles, his goals, for the sheer fuckin' drive of em, make a cracking highlight reel too.  And he was basically a sunday league player that made it to the big time, even his celebration, especially early on, were like an unfiltered expression of joy, nowadays they're like rehearsed almost, the powerslide and the this and the that, Wrighty just started jumping about like a nutcase or just pegging it down to the other end of the pitch.  He talked, walked and acted like someone you might know. 

Exactly. Everything that is great about football is in Ian Wright. He played like you would play up the park with your mates just trying mad volleys and getting right into it except he had the ability to pull the volleys off. Just giving out constant chat throughout the game just to get himself an edge. I had all those arsenal vhs tapes they used to do, all the arsenal kits during his era. He just got me right into following Arsenal. Totally agree he was underrated aswell.