THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

Arsenal showed a bit of bottle I must say, 10 men, coming back from being down and all that.  With perspective though it was against Villa and that defence is leaky as fuck.  And after a few games I'm starting to question Pepe just a litttttttle bit.  Nice  of Auba to give him that pen to open up his account though.

22 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Good thing Mourinho isn't our manager anymore, otherwise Arsenal would probably offload him to us for an ungodly fee and salary.

Sanch' was fuckin' brilliant for as long as he was with us.  He still is quality I reckon, or rather would have been for you, you're just not set up to accommodate a player of that sort.  Arsenal were sort of built around him and designed to compensate for his shortcomings, its not the same with United, they don't think you're king shit over there, he had a tendency to drop passes even with Arsenal but he was sort of allowed to roam free and he'd make up for the dropped passes by getting in there and putting the ball away when time came.  United don't really play to the same sort of philosophy, which is not necessarily a bad thing. 

26 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

i'm pretty pleased united never chased Pepe he hasn't performed for the fee paid.

Its early doors yet but I agree with you.  He's good on the ball but he's not exactly putting them away.  But we're talking about, what, 6 games yet?  He's definitely got potential.

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Sanch' was fuckin' brilliant for as long as he was with us.  He still is quality I reckon, or rather would have been for you, you're just not set up to accommodate a player of that sort.  Arsenal were sort of built around him and designed to compensate for his shortcomings, its not the same with United, they don't think you're king shit over there, he had a tendency to drop passes even with Arsenal but he was sort of allowed to roam free and he'd make up for the dropped passes by getting in there and putting the ball away when time came.  United don't really play to the same sort of philosophy, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I think that is pretty accurate. He wasn't as bad in United and people would have it, just not good enough, and it could have come down to different playing system. Anyway, good riddance and never buy from direct competitors.

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think that is pretty accurate. He wasn't as bad in United and people would have it, just not good enough, and it could have come down to different playing system. Anyway, good riddance and never buy from direct competitors.

I dunno, you done well out of Van Persie didnt you? :lol: