THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

Only one World Cup and No Copa Americas though? The UEFA Cup was great but what about ol' big ears? both times Napoli went to the big dance they got tossed away really early. Was great they brought in Alemao and Careca to play in that team too. I remember they had their moments together.

Edited by moreblack

On 28/10/2019 at 8:46 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I hate to say it but there is a fair amount of that. That tells you how ubiquitous football is in the north east? It is a ''football area''. Yorkshire is more a ''cricket area''.  

You have to remember though that a county cricket match lasts four days, 11am-6.30pm (add one extra day for a test, i.e. international match). There are not many topics that haven't been exhausted. 

A mate of mine used to mark every ball on a score sheet. He was a right barrel of laughs 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I feel kind of sad and kind of excited about this. I love hating Mourinho so it is good to have him back in Premier League and hopefully he can make a huge fool of himself. That's the excitement. Then I am a bit sad for Tottenham who doesn't deserve him. It's simply the wrong team for Mourinho. I kind of respect what Tottenham has achieved with fairly little means. I fear Mourinho will fuck them up.

36 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I feel kind of sad and kind of excited about this. I love hating Mourinho so it is good to have him back in Premier League and hopefully he can make a huge fool of himself. That's the excitement. Then I am a bit sad for Tottenham who doesn't deserve him. It's simply the wrong team for Mourinho. I kind of respect what Tottenham has achieved with fairly little means. I fear Mourinho will fuck them up.

On the flipside though they've got the right players for a Mourinho style set up, on paper anyway.  They've got the basis for a tight solid defence, a clinical striker, a little pace on the break and its all there but I dunno, I think that style of football got found out about 8 years ago.

• Like 1