Len Cnut

THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2019/20

22 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

What a way to return from holiday seeing them cunts lift the title wankers 

It's alright la

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

What a way to return from holiday seeing them cunts lift the title wankers 

Stick the boxing on and watch a local flatten a big Mexican pie monster, that’ll make you feel better :lol: 

42 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

You can try again in 50 years Spurs.

Baaaahahahahahhahahahahhahahahaha! :lol: 

Out of interest, what would Liverpool have preferred, the Premiership or Europe, and would Manchester City have switched their Premiership for a European crown? I think Premiership for the Scousers given that they haven't won since the Ian Rush era and that they possess six European titles, and Champions League for City given that they have won four Premiership gongs since 2011-12 and have won nothing in Europe.

Maybe they should swap trophies?

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Stick the boxing on and watch a local flatten a big Mexican pie monster, that’ll make you feel better :lol: 

Baaaahahahahahhahahahahhahahahaha! :lol: 

That turned out well too lol

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Out of interest, what would Liverpool have preferred, the Premiership or Europe, and would Manchester City have switched their Premiership for a European crown? I think Premiership for the Scousers given that they haven't won since the Ian Rush era and that they possess six European titles, and Champions League for City given that they have won four Premiership gongs since 2011-12 and have won nothing in Europe.

Maybe they should swap trophies?

No question City would prefer winning the CL. Liverpool's don't regret anything. They won the biggest title in footbal right after the world cup

Posted (edited)
On 02/06/2019 at 5:47 AM, lukepowell1988 said:

That turned out well too lol

Yeah, I'm afraid I can't help you mate :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

14 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, I'm afraid I can't help you mate :lol:

What there the odds on Ruiz like?

I was in Thailand fliying home so never got a chance to look at the odds before hand.

Remember saying to you wouldn't it be funny if AJ got banged in his USA Debut fuck I should have had money on it.

4 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

What there the odds on Ruiz like?

I was in Thailand fliying home so never got a chance to look at the odds before hand.

Remember saying to you wouldn't it be funny if AJ got banged in his USA Debut fuck I should have had money on it.

Fuck knows I didn’t even check because it never occured to me that he might get spannered :lol:  I mean Ruiz is good, I knew that, certainly better on paper than Big Baby Miller, he got jobbed again Joseph Parker but fuck me, I couldn’t’ve called that, not on the best day of my life.  

0_JMP_LEC_020619LFC_26JPG.jpg

Well isn't that a beautiful thing, respect to the scousers.

Going to have a small dabble on this football coming up Portugal and England double £10 returns just under £40 

14 hours ago, moreblack said:

eo7jah4cv3231.jpg

Take it out of the fuckin' council tax :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Take it out of the fuckin' council tax :lol:

There is an irony there in celebrating your love of ''Liverpewwl'' by making it look like an absolute shithole.

37 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is an irony there in celebrating your love of ''Liverpewwl'' by making it look like an absolute shithole.

Yes I suppose there is :lol: I was more expecting a response of 'scousers don't pay council tax'  :lol:  I'm surprised no one slipped that one in.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Yes I suppose there is :lol: I was more expecting a response of 'scousers don't pay council tax'  :lol:  I'm surprised no one slipped that one in.

I wasn't going to make a joke about them. Scousers nurse a grievance for a very long time. It is the Irish in them I suppose. 

Speaking seriously, have you ever seen a Champions League success covered in such a prominent way by our mainstream news - main headline for most televised news? Chelsea won it about eight years ago. Man U won it in the mid 00s and in their triple season. Liverpool themselves won it in the mid 00s. Yet I have never seen such hyperbole produced as for this victory. It was reported as if England had won the World Cup.

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wasn't going to make a joke about them. Scousers nurse a grievance for a very long time. It is the Irish in them I suppose. 

Speaking seriously, have you ever seen a Champions League success covered in such a prominent way by our mainstream news - main headline for most televised news? Chelsea won it about eight years ago. Man U won it in the mid 00s and in their triple season. Liverpool themselves won it in the mid 00s. Yet I have never seen such hyperbole produced as for this victory. It was reported as if England had won the World Cup.

There's more of an interesting narrative surrounding Liverpool I suppose.  Liverpool is still percieved as this working class club with a sense of community, harking back to 'the good old days' of British football, all the lads on the Kop, all aqquainted, they're sort of underdogs.  When your Chelseas win its like a victory for new money and investment, United are a club that its very hard to like but Liverpool speak to something in us, they have this narrative of a club that is hard done by in reputation, good honest strugglers that were once great sort of reclaiming that greatness, through a certain lens there's sense of romance to it, whether that is in line with reality or not is another matter. 

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

There's more of an interesting narrative surrounding Liverpool I suppose.  Liverpool is still percieved as this working class club with a sense of community, harking back to 'the good old days' of British football, all the lads on the Kop, all aqquainted, they're sort of underdogs.  When your Chelseas win its like a victory for new money and investment, United are a club that its very hard to like but Liverpool speak to something in us, they have this narrative of a club that is hard done by in reputation, good honest strugglers that were once great sort of reclaiming that greatness, through a certain lens there's sense of romance to it, whether that is in line with reality or not is another matter. 

Basically they are not an utter bunch of cunts like Chelsea and Man United are haha.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Basically they are not an utter bunch of cunts like Chelsea and Man United are haha.

Thats about the size of it, yes :lol:  When teams like Arsenal (who never win) or Liverpool win its sort of like a victory of old English football because its done on merit and not...other things.

Edited by Len Cnut

Posted (edited)

Ahhh, days gone by...

Edited by Len Cnut

45 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Don’t get all salty, just cuz last time you won The Beatles were still a club band :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Don’t get all salty, just cuz last time you won The Beatles were still a club band :lol: 

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You ever been there? That’s pretty clean by ‘pewl standards. Place is a fucking bombsite. The area around the Cavern stinks of piss and the Ropewalks area is full of bagheads. 

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

You ever been there? That’s pretty clean by ‘pewl standards. Place is a fucking bombsite. The area around the Cavern stinks of piss and the Ropewalks area is full of bagheads. 

No. I keep meaning to go to Aigburth which Lanky use as an outground. It has one of the oldest pavalions, 

Liverpool_Cricket_Club_-_geograph.org.uk