THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

44 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

8 points clear aren't they?  Good start but as my old mate Wenger used to say 'mathematically, it is more than possible' :lol:

I REALLY hope they fuck it up still! You can't imagine what life will be like at my work with all the fucking Scousers wanking over this for the next 25 years! :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

6 hours ago, moreblack said:

Manchester is Red

Ole destroyed Pep in that first 30 minutes... 

After that - only thing they had to do was defence, wnd they did it.

As I saw few of this season games of MUTD, they are way better without Pogba, another defender is must have, and idea without transition play...

At the end of the day - they did their job helping Liverpool 😂

Should have been -1-4 after the first half. Brilliant away at Etihad. Such a great team when everything works. But it drains the energy and the second half was not good enough. Same against Spurs. They have to be able to do two great halves. Anyway, the match clearly showed great promise. 

I wouldn't focus on strengthening the defense now. We also have Tuanzebe and Bailly in reserve. Shaw/Williams is the weak spot in the defense, but Williams will benefit from more experience. So maybe a new player for that position. 

We need to strengthen the midfield and attack, though. We saw how weak we are when Mctominay is out (and we can't rely on Pogba to return in form and play consistently well). We need at least one more class backup there. 

And we also performed worse when Martial is out. Greenwood is great but needs more time. So another attacker is sorely needed. 

And oh yeah, Manchester is RED! 

58 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Instead they're low key growing in belief and momentum. They could do something this year. 

Too far behind to challenge now and Liverpool definately wont mess this up now. The league is pretty much dead as a spectacle now. Top three sorted, one more CL spot but how interesting is that race for 4th really? Chelsea probably but who really cares. Then you've got Europa league qualification and again with respect, who gives a fuck about that. 

Relegation will be Watford, Norwich and Southampton and the rest will just drift along like they always do.

57 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I passed your stadium whilst on the train a few months ago. It looked corporate, all glass and modern. 

Our previous stadium was very modernist too back in its day.  Art Deco style and all that.  Grade 2 listed as being architectually significant.  I ain't got a problem with The Emirates as such, its a nice enough place, comfortable, well constructed.  What does bother me though is that its called The Emirates Stadium.  The built it on Ashburton Grove, what was wrong with the name Ashburton Grove?  I mean I get that they sponsor it but like...what when they stop sponsoring it, it'll just change names indefinitely according to sponsors?  Thats a bit mickey mouse innit?  Whereas like Highbury...St James Park...these names sound right for what they are, English football teams.  Its how you build like...tradition and heritage, by giving it a name relating to where its at...instead of an ever-changing set of sponsor related names like EE stadium or Coca Cola stadium or whatever.

Last game I was at a steward had a go at this lad for standing up and shouting.  Last game I went to.  Fuck that shit, I don't go to the football to sit there with my knees together like some tart at the debutante ball.

• Like 1