THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

16 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Liverpool doesn't deserve to be on top. Watford should have won yesterday's match. Lucky bastards. Can't you have success in life through hard work and abilities, you destitute leeching scousers? Instead of fucking up the rest of us through luck in football? 

It's not luck... who's to blame when you have  incapable strikers who miss the ball in front of almost empty net...

Lack of quality is the reason Watford has 9 points after 17 games...

Also difference in quality is why ManCity scored twice in first 15 minutes against once upon the time great Arsenal...

• Like 1

I think if we win on boxing day, we might actually win the league.

Bit weird imo, I was too young to have memories the last time Liverpool won a league. Normally I'd expect us to blow it, but doesn't seem like it this time.

@Len Cnut

I guess I was wrong on Emery. I was convinced he was a good coach having seen his Sevilla teams and that he'd just got unlucky at PSG.

At least you dodged Jose.

6 hours ago, wasted said:

Utd victory seemed hollow

These are just flashes of when their shit works properly. But then they go and get beat the next game at Burnley or something...

Until they can get some consistency going, especially defensively, it's just gonna be a case of them spinning their wheels week after week. I don't think they have the people to get them to the next level. I don't even know if they're capable of finding them or luring them to the club at the moment.

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

These are just flashes of when their shit works properly. But then they go and get beat the next game at Burnley or something...

Until they can get some consistency going, especially defensively, it's just gonna be a case of them spinning their wheels week after week. I don't think they have the people to get them to the next level. I don't even know if they're capable of finding them or luring them to the club at the moment.

Newcastle gifted them the goals but I suppose they were pressing well. 

Rashford and Martial are alright but they aren’t Salah and Mane. 

Theyve spent money on Maguire and Pogba. They need more central mid options too. Ward Prowes is the kind of fighter they need. Jimenez at Wolves could  be a good focal point. 

Then they need a proper world class player like Cantona. Griezeman maybe. 

10 minutes ago, wasted said:

Theyve spent money on Maguire and Pogba. They need more central mid options too. Ward Prowes is the kind of fighter they need. Jimenez at Wolves could  be a good focal point. 

That's the thing, I don't think today they could attract those type of players. Hell, if they were trying for Pogba today, I doubt he'd leave Juve for this.

48 minutes ago, wasted said:

Newcastle gifted them the goals but I suppose they were pressing well. 

Rashford and Martial are alright but they aren’t Salah and Mane. 

I reckon its more about who they should get rid of. Loads of them there who have been there ages and shown they're not quits good enough. They should have got Ramsey from Arsenal when he was going for free though. 

3 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I reckon its more about who they should get rid of. Loads of them there who have been there ages and shown they're not quits good enough. They should have got Ramsey from Arsenal when he was going for free though. 

It’s okay to have a squad. Liverpool are winning the league with Hendo and Milner so maybe you don’t need good players. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, moreblack said:

That's the thing, I don't think today they could attract those type of players. Hell, if they were trying for Pogba today, I doubt he'd leave Juve for this.

Manchester probably isn’t that attractive either. I just don’t get the feeling Rash or Martial are hungry. And there’s no leaders driving the team. 

52 minutes ago, wasted said:

It’s okay to have a squad. Liverpool are winning the league with Hendo and Milner so maybe you don’t need good players. 

Them two are a managers dream though. Total professionals. Robots.  You feel if asked they would wash the kit. And they'd do it better than the normal laundry guys. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Them two are a managers dream though. Total professionals. Robots.  You feel if asked they would wash the kit. And they'd do it better than the normal laundry guys. 

Whereas Pogba barely wants to play. But it means you don’t need a team of Messis but one would help.