THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

19 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

If you can lose 5 games in a row and still have the advantage of a game in hand, you've won.

I don't see this big lossing streak happening tbh.

Newcastle 1995/96 season. 12 points clear in January. Just sayin'. :lol: 

• Haha 1

Last year, this time Liverpool had 10 huge points lead... now it's 13 points - if you look it like this, not big difference - just one game...

I'll celebrate when math say so - because it is Liverpool we're talking about...

Edited by -Jaro-
Typo

40 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Impressive first half. Arteta might be great for you.

Yeah it was alright, weren’t it?  They do slow down in the last quarter though, I think its a fitness thing, they ain’t used to pushing like that, which is a shameful thing if you think about it.  I wouldn’t start cashing any cheques over Arteta but I must say I am mildly optimistic about Arsenal in a way that I haven’t been for about 10 years (though in those ten years expectancy levels have dropped considerably :lol:)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah it was alright, weren’t it?  They do slow down in the last quarter though, I think its a fitness thing, they ain’t used to pushing like that, which is a shameful thing if you think about it.  I wouldn’t start cashing any cheques over Arteta but I must say I am mildly optimistic about Arsenal in a way that I haven’t been for about 10 years (though in those ten years expectancy levels have dropped considerably :lol:)

Well, I am happy for you. It is such a good feeling seeing a team turn around like that. The hugs between Lacazette and the fellow with the long, weird name. The optimism and drive. Just felt like a watershed moment the whole match. You saw the same thing against Chelsea a few days ago. Things seem to be happening. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, I am happy for you. It is such a good feeling seeing a team turn around like that. The hugs between Lacazette and the fellow with the long, weird name. The optimism and drive. Just felt like a watershed moment the whole match. You saw the same thing against Chelsea a few days ago. Things seem to be happening. 

On the flipside though, it is United and Chelsea here.  Don't take that wrong, cuz if you're shit then we're shitter :lol:  Over this season so far I mean.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

On the flipside though, it is United and Chelsea here.  Don't take that wrong, cuz if you're shit then we're shitter :lol:  Over this season so far I mean.

Yeah, it's been frustrating. Still, the spirit Arsenal showed yesterday, and the organization, will only help against Leicester and Liverpool, too. 

8 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Yeah I soon regretted that one didn't I?

What a terrible game it was yesterday. I can accept some inconsistency, but this is getting worrisome. We need to get BETTER! Unless they actually add some reinforcements for the midfield in this window I fear we're going to see more matches like this before summer.

3 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

it's hard because I love Ole who doesn't love Ole right?

I mean just look at his little boat race and all that he has done for the club 99 Camp Nou putting the ball in the back of the Germans net....

But the guy hasn't got the faintest idea bitten off WAY more than he can chew.

Molde Cardiff ... it's a different level originally I wanted Poch to come in and Ole to be his assistant but now thinking about it that might mean that he would eventually become his successor and re take the crown and well that just won't work 

We where better off with David Moyes .... There I said it ... it had to be said!

I always said we should have gotten Klop when Fergie retired but he already had an agreement in place at Dortmund.

Klopp would have been great...obviously. I still hope Ole can pull it together. I agree with his long-term thinking and ideas, I just need to see it result in improvements on the pitch. 

A great many of those players are far from shit.  Falcao, Di Maria, Fellaini, Pogba, Bailey, Schweinsteiger, Sanchez, Mikhitarian, these guys aren't shit necessarily, they just need to play in a specific sort of set up.  Di Maria is like Ozil, he needs to be facing forward and playing attacking football.

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I think its a fitness thing, they ain’t used to pushing like that, which is a shameful thing if you think about it.

I don't understand how teams don't push that to the forefront of development. That was the difference between Liverpool and so many teams last season and this. They don't slow down. I swear they're on PEDs or something.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Would he though?  I don't think things are as easily transplantable as that.  I don't think managers are the problem at United, its the players. 

I agree, not every manager would work with every team, or every set of players. But I really think Klopp would have been great with United, it just would have fit. And just like with Liverpool he would have had to make necessary changes, new players and organization. But it would have been great, I think. 

And yes, we need some new players. The defense should be good, and with enough time and drilling I believe it will be. The attack is also good. What is lacking is depth in the midfield and some more creative players. Matic and Fred simply isn't good enough, and when you lose the midfield, when distances become too great, when the clever passes forward aren't there, when you lose second balls, when it doesn't go fast enough, then the whole team suffers and "good enough" defense and attack becomes poor.

16 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

There is a Dr based in Barcelona who has apparently admitted that wen Pep was at Barca the team where using PED'S

Been a rumor for years.

I've heard that rumour as well as it happens, fuck knows the truth of it though.