THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

The town the Charltons came from is only a few miles from me, Ashington, Northumberland. Relatives of Newcastle legend Jackie Milburn (and the same small town produced the cricketers Steve Harmison and Mark Wood. Don't know what they put in the water there?),

I didn't know he was in the Blues and Royals - but of course, national service,

389c57264e453fc978c214cf608c578d.jpg

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The town the Charltons came from is only a few miles from me, Ashington, Northumberland. Relatives of Newcastle legend Jackie Milburn (and the same small town produced the cricketers Steve Harmison and Mark Wood. Don't know what they put in the water there?),

I didn't know he was in the Blues and Royals - but of course, national service,

389c57264e453fc978c214cf608c578d.jpg

Gotta say he looks like a right woofter in all that gear.  What's with all that nonsense on the top of the hat? :lol:

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Gotta say he looks like a right woofter in all that gear.  What's with all that nonsense on the top of the hat? :lol:

Prince Harry was a Blue - he was married in the full dress uniform.

Basically unchanged today. If you stand outside Horse Guards opposite Banqueting House on Whitehall you'll occasionally see them,

220px-UK-2014-London-Blues_and_Royals_01

If they are in blue that is the Blues and Royals. If they're red, that is the Life Guards.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Prince Harry was a Blue - he was married in the full dress uniform.

Basically unchanged today. If you stand outside Horse Guards opposite Banqueting House on Whitehall you'll occasionally see them,

220px-UK-2014-London-Blues_and_Royals_01

If they are in blue that is the Blues and Royals. If they're red, that is the Life Guards.

To be fair Prince Harry doesn’t exactly have an unblemished reputation when it comes to uniforms. :lol: 

So...semi-final...wembley...Arsenal...FA Cup...Man City.  8-1.  Similar fuckin' bait odds for Liverpool the other day and I remember thinking 'go on, stick a cheeky score on'...didn't do it and sods law the cunts won, bless em.  And here we are, FA Cup semi's and I'm getting that familiar tingling in my bollocks again which is the Lords time honoured way of telling me to stick a few quid on.  He's taking the piss though cuz we're clearly not winning this.  Still, 8-1, 20 quid. 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

So...semi-final...wembley...Arsenal...FA Cup...Man City.  8-1.  Similar fuckin' bait odds for Liverpool the other day and I remember thinking 'go on, stick a cheeky score on'...didn't do it and sods law the cunts won, bless em.  And here we are, FA Cup semi's and I'm getting that familiar tingling in my bollocks again which is the Lords time honoured way of telling me to stick a few quid on.  He's taking the piss though cuz we're clearly not winning this.  Still, 8-1, 20 quid. 

Definately worth a few quid at that price. 

3 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I put a tenner earlier on for Norwich to beat Burnley as the odds were good and thought they'd want to salvage some pride. Just turned the radio on at half time and they are a goal down and down to 9 men 😄

I done alright today in that regard...about time, ain’t won a bet in yonks though I ain’t bet on the footy for years, been pretty much boxing and I’m TERRIBLE at betting on boxing, never won a fucking boxing bet in my life.   180 off a 20 quid lay out, not bad.

23 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Wow, congratulations Len! :)

Cheers fella, hope to see yous in the final, if only because the game will be more emotionally interesting.

• Like 1

I was listening to Stuart Pearce on talksport radio earlier. He was sincerely saying how he's started a garage punk band, they've never rehearsed the songs, the singer can't sing and psycho wants to tour on the back of a tune he's written about "the Covid situation" I know Stu loves his punk rock but it was fucking hilarious😁😁😁

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Philip Schofield on the we buy any car ‘I’m a firm believer in making time count’, interesting statement from a man thats spent all his life denying he’s a poof.

I mean, he literally started his career in the broom cupboard. How is this news? :lol: 

Sancho, Grealish and/or Van de Beek, plus a defensive midfielder, after that it's safe to assume that the treble is secured:shades:

Seriously, though. The first team has shown themselves to be unstoppable while playing several games in a week. I think this squad with a quality bench, plus players who are bound to improve will be extremely exciting to watch. 

Greenwood, Williams, Rashford, all of them are great players and you can only see them go higher. Greenwood's emergence has been especially satisfying to see. Not long ago he was tearing the academy leagues apart, and already has established himself as an undroppable player.

Assuming we get Sancho, I reckon the front three will be very fluid. Sancho can play on the left and right (and as an attacking midfielder I've heard). Greenwood, who is primarily a striker, has been excellent on the right, and seems to work perfectly across all positions in front of goal. Rashford and Martial both can take on the left flank, and pose a large goal scoring threat.

We even have Ighalo until January, and his style of play always seems to indicate a goal sooner than later.

The signs are there to show Man Utd can become a great team again, hope they do.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1