THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

If you could sign 3 realistic players right now who do you go for?

Fuck knows man, i ain’t good at this shit.  Two centre backs for definite, they’re all fuckin’ wankers, a solid central midfielder and a strike partner for Aubameyang, who those would be, fuck knows man, its difficult to say things like that cuz you never know how transfers are going to work out.  I just think we’ve a lot of dead weight that needs shifting, i.e. Sokratis, Holding, Mustafi, Luiz, Kolasinac, Ozil, Willock, Lacazette, maybe hold onto the latter, I dunno, why the fuck David Luiz got a contract extension is beyond me, for every good game he plays he makes an arse of 5 others, he’s a fuckin’ liability.

Arsenals director of football, Raul Sanhelli has just left, 2 years after joining, in the middle of a transfer window.  Strange.  Heard news that the club were doing an internal probe (oo err) into the signing of Nicholas Pepe and how there were concerns that they had paid well over the odds.  Related perhaps?  I dunno, I'm speculating.

20 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Why the fuck does Ole insist on waiting until the 85th minute to make subs?

Whats the fucking point?

As soon as they scored he should have thrown on James and Ighalo.

Yeah, that was a weird decision. Normally he substitutes earlier in the game. Don't know why he didn't yesterday.

Still, should have scored 2-3 goals earlier in the match. Bad luck.

It felt as if Solskjær was convinced that we would be going into extra time, and even though we were regressing within the game, he couldn't make any changes. Almost as if he gets anxiety from making substitutes.

Obviously I'm not the expert, but I would've taken out Fred for Matic, move Martial to the left and replacing Rashford with Ighalo. Putting James on was just weird, you know that you can't put crosses in for him, you know he's gonna try (and fail) to score instead of making a good pass. I honestly would've preferred Lingard on there, he has great workrate for what it's worth, and could've easily made an impact in the last 15-20 minutes.

Stupid loss all in all.

25 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Lindeloff is such a shit CB he can fuck off TBH replace him and keep Bailey as a back up!

I agree. One new very good CB together with Maguire and Bailly in rotation would be fantastic. 

But all in all the ending to the season was great - second best after Liverpool I believe. We have a good team now, an exciting team. Hoping for Jadon Sancho and a CB and then we might do even better next year. And Champions League :)