Len Cnut

THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2019/20

46 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Fingers crossed for a Pukki Party against City! Can’t see a shock though. Liverpool won, but haven’t seen any highlights. I have to wait till motd comes online later.  

:headbang:

Lets hope this is a shock!

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

City will come back to win it jammy turds

That ain’t jam man thats sauce ;) 

41 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Let’s see how we are in January.... 😂

Which to an Arsenal fan like me is akin to asking the sufferer of a kick to the bollocks to wait a second before the true pain kicks in :lol:  3-2, wow.  

33 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Bet 365 have city at 4/1 you won't see odds like that again for a while

Remember when the season was us versus you lot?  Good old days!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/14/2019 at 1:23 PM, Len Cnut said:

Remember when the season was us versus you lot?  Good old days!

Ah the memories

• Like 2

15 hours ago, moreblack said:

Ah the memories

Great documentary that one watched it once drunken night in my hotel room in Bangkok.

Champs league is back tomorrow as United are not in it I shall be following Dortmund's journey this year.

By the time laporte comes back from injury, man shitty will be 10 points behind self pity pool.

5 hours ago, BrayWyatt said:

By the time laporte comes back from injury, man shitty will be 10 points behind self pity pool.

😂 maybe we will sir, but correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure we were 10 points behind Liverpool come the end of December last season and we all saw how that ended. 

8 hours ago, Ryan95 said:

😂 maybe we will sir, but correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure we were 10 points behind Liverpool come the end of December last season and we all saw how that ended. 

Good news for man city today, John Stones is out for 5 weeks.

20 hours ago, BrayWyatt said:

Good news for man city today, John Stones is out for 5 weeks.

Jan CB signing inbound

Edited by lukepowell1988

Fernando Ricksen now no longer suffering, after a long fought battle against Motor Neurone Disease.

I hated him as a player, he was a battler but had the talent to distribute the ball. His lifestyle was of the same ilk as Nicholas, Gascoigne and the Holy Goalie, so he was always in the media about his antics along with his performances on the pitch. It's been sad seeing him decline in the same manner as what Jinky did, an absolute horrific illness.

God bless the two of them.

Rest in power

Image may contain: 2 people, people playing sport and outdoor

• Like 1

I'm sure even United can just about beat a team of Borats tonight 😂

13 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

My favourite player of all time.

I absolutely love Ian Wright.  He's like the player of my childhood, the one that made football players (domestic anyway) look cool to me.  The one of that age where like...you're not old enough to be cynical yet so you just reckon they're the fuckin' bollocks.  And he's underrated as fuck too I reckon, he had pace, passion, got stuck into tackles, his goals, for the sheer fuckin' drive of em, make a cracking highlight reel too.  And he was basically a sunday league player that made it to the big time, even his celebration, especially early on, were like an unfiltered expression of joy, nowadays they're like rehearsed almost, the powerslide and the this and the that, Wrighty just started jumping about like a nutcase or just pegging it down to the other end of the pitch.  He talked, walked and acted like someone you might know. 

• Like 1

The Ian Wright story is a great one.

Kid from a broken home in the Ghetto goes from sunday league to prison to premiere league

4 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The Ian Wright story is a great one.

Kid from a broken home in the Ghetto goes from sunday league to prison to premiere league

I’ve never looked at Lewisham (or particularly anywhere in England) as a ghetto.  I don’t think we really have ghettos.  When I think of ghettos I think of the South Bronx in the 1980s or Spanish Harlem in the 50s.

38 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I’ve never looked at Lewisham (or particularly anywhere in England) as a ghetto.  I don’t think we really have ghettos.  When I think of ghettos I think of the South Bronx in the 1980s or Spanish Harlem in the 50s.

Ever been to Walthamstow? LOL