Jump to content
Len Cnut

THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2019/20

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Ever been to Walthamstow? LOL

You are confusing dump with ghetto, the two are not entirely synonymous.  For example, Hemel is a dump but its definitely not a ghetto.  Luton is a dump but, again, hardly a ghetto. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You are confusing dump with ghetto, the two are not entirely synonymous.  For example, Hemel is a dump but its definitely not a ghetto.  Luton is a dump but, again, hardly a ghetto. 

Street Knowledge volume 1 presented by Len!

 

Love it man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I absolutely love Ian Wright.  He's like the player of my childhood, the one that made football players (domestic anyway) look cool to me.  The one of that age where like...you're not old enough to be cynical yet so you just reckon they're the fuckin' bollocks.  And he's underrated as fuck too I reckon, he had pace, passion, got stuck into tackles, his goals, for the sheer fuckin' drive of em, make a cracking highlight reel too.  And he was basically a sunday league player that made it to the big time, even his celebration, especially early on, were like an unfiltered expression of joy, nowadays they're like rehearsed almost, the powerslide and the this and the that, Wrighty just started jumping about like a nutcase or just pegging it down to the other end of the pitch.  He talked, walked and acted like someone you might know. 

Exactly. Everything that is great about football is in Ian Wright. He played like you would play up the park with your mates just trying mad volleys and getting right into it except he had the ability to pull the volleys off. Just giving out constant chat throughout the game just to get himself an edge. I had all those arsenal vhs tapes they used to do, all the arsenal kits during his era. He just got me right into following Arsenal. Totally agree he was underrated aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have had worse 1st half's 😂

Edited by Ryan95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Come on lads

Solskjaer will be sacked this week. One of the craziest managerial appointments ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

Solskjaer will be sacked this week. One of the craziest managerial appointments ever.

He took a massive risk of ruining his reputation when he took the job.

 

Was always a strange appointment but made sense after the winning streak he went on at the time.

 

Poch next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

He took a massive risk of ruining his reputation when he took the job.

 

Was always a strange appointment but made sense after the winning streak he went on at the time.

 

Poch next?

Why would you want poch? What has he ever won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BrayWyatt said:

Why would you want poch? What has he ever won.

Desperation does funny things to a man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solskjær isn't going anywhere, at least not in 2019. They are building a new team. We need one or more transfer windows to have the right team. This is a transition period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arsenal showed a bit of bottle I must say, 10 men, coming back from being down and all that.  With perspective though it was against Villa and that defence is leaky as fuck.  And after a few games I'm starting to question Pepe just a litttttttle bit.  Nice  of Auba to give him that pen to open up his account though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Arsenal showed a bit of bottle I must say, 10 men, coming back from being down and all that.  With perspective though it was against Villa and that defence is leaky as fuck.  And after a few games I'm starting to question Pepe just a litttttttle bit.  Nice  of Auba to give him that pen to open up his account though.

i'm pretty pleased united never chased Pepe he hasn't performed for the fee paid.

 

We need a top striker badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thing Mourinho isn't our manager anymore, otherwise Arsenal would probably offload him to us for an ungodly fee and salary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Good thing Mourinho isn't our manager anymore, otherwise Arsenal would probably offload him to us for an ungodly fee and salary.

Sanch' was fuckin' brilliant for as long as he was with us.  He still is quality I reckon, or rather would have been for you, you're just not set up to accommodate a player of that sort.  Arsenal were sort of built around him and designed to compensate for his shortcomings, its not the same with United, they don't think you're king shit over there, he had a tendency to drop passes even with Arsenal but he was sort of allowed to roam free and he'd make up for the dropped passes by getting in there and putting the ball away when time came.  United don't really play to the same sort of philosophy, which is not necessarily a bad thing. 

 

26 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

i'm pretty pleased united never chased Pepe he hasn't performed for the fee paid.

Its early doors yet but I agree with you.  He's good on the ball but he's not exactly putting them away.  But we're talking about, what, 6 games yet?  He's definitely got potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Messi with the The best Fifa men's player, well deserved. GOAT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Sanch' was fuckin' brilliant for as long as he was with us.  He still is quality I reckon, or rather would have been for you, you're just not set up to accommodate a player of that sort.  Arsenal were sort of built around him and designed to compensate for his shortcomings, its not the same with United, they don't think you're king shit over there, he had a tendency to drop passes even with Arsenal but he was sort of allowed to roam free and he'd make up for the dropped passes by getting in there and putting the ball away when time came.  United don't really play to the same sort of philosophy, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I think that is pretty accurate. He wasn't as bad in United and people would have it, just not good enough, and it could have come down to different playing system. Anyway, good riddance and never buy from direct competitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ryan95 said:

Messi with the The best Fifa men's player, well deserved. GOAT. 

I don't want to turn this into the same old boring debate but I think Ronaldo had a better year.

 

Moved to a new league won the league and cup double.

 

Hasn't Messi been on the doctors table a fair old bit in the last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×