THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

33 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Four of the buggers. Four jailed nonces in one youth team!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_football_sexual_abuse_scandal

Don’t find any nonces in cricket. Most of ‘em have already been buggered rotten at boarding school so it’s out of their system by then. 

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Really?  So where's the real jocks?

Scotland as we know it today was formed from four kingdoms: Pictland in the Northeast, Lothian in the Southeast, Strathclyde in the Southwest and Dal Riada in the Northwest.

The residents of Dal Riada were Gaelic-speakers who sailed across from Ireland and were called the Scotti by the Romans. Their kingdom was the one that the rest of Scotland unified under... but that was the best part of a millennium ago, so I don't think you could say that most present-day Scots were Irish migrants unless you're pursuing some insanely extremist ethno-nationalist ideal. 

Centuries later, while Ireland was under British rule, many Protestant Scots sailed over and settled in the North of the island as part of a social campaign to Protestant-ify it, and during the 19th Century, lots of Irish Catholics came over to Scotland looking for work, especially after the potato famine. This basically meant that there were strong links between the Protestant communities in Scotland and Ireland, and likewise the Catholic communities in both places. Celtic was founded by Irish Catholic clergy in Glasgow and became emblematic of the Irish migrant community, Protestant Scots gradually adopted Rangers as their equivalent club and the two institutions became bound up in a broader ethno-political dichotomy at the turn of the 20th Century. Because of the aforementioned links, Protestants/Unionists in Northern Ireland came to support Rangers and Catholics/Republicans adopted Celtic.

This meant that the footballing rivalry in Scotland became a proxy for the political conflict in Northern Ireland throughout the 20th Century - but Scotland is not Northern Ireland, Our society is far less binary, there is a 'hardcore support' of both clubs that would conform to the 'Rangers/Protestant/Unionist/Loyalist' and 'Celtic/Catholic/Nationalist/Republican' caricatures, but there are many thousands who don't and it hasn't been the dominating divide in Scottish politics. For most of the last 40 years, most Scottish people comfortably voted Labour irrespective of if they were Protestant or Catholic, Rangers or Celtic, because most of Scottish society was comfortably centre-left.

Likewise, the Scottish National Party was predominantly a Protestant (although not necessarily tied to Rangers-supporting Protestants) institution when it was founded, that was treated with suspicion by Labour-voting Irish Catholics, irrespective of their views about whether Northern Ireland should reunify with the Republic. The movement for Scottish independence remained mostly separate from the whole Rangers/Celtic thing, and indeed marginal from mainstream Scottish politics until the late 2000s when Labour's lack of ambition, cronyism, and drift to the right under Blair allowed the SNP to start outflanking them on the left and capture the mainstream of Scottish politics. This was compounded by the election of the Tory/LibDem coalition in 2010.

Since Independence has become a prominent issue, the hardcore supports I outlined above have mostly aligned themselves to one side or the other (Rangers to Unionism and Celtic to Nationalism) but it's not black and white, John Reid, who sits on Celtic's board was a big part of the 'no' campaign in 2014, and I know of loads of Rangers fans who voted 'yes', high-profile examples including singers Amy Macdonald and Simon Neil, or writer Alan Bissett. Despite the rhetoric, most people in Scotland don't let their football team decide their politics.

Also, why the fuck are we talking about this shit? Look at that goal! Why aren't we talking about actual football!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Really?  So where's the real jocks?

I was being quasi-facetious but Glasgow, Lanarkshire and other areas certainly have a large Irish ancestry whose ancestors migrated here - especially in the wake of the potato famine - to swell Glasgow's burgeoning population in accordance with the Industrial Revolution (the exact same thing happened in Liverpool). They even brought with them the old sectaries, the Orange Order and Irish Republicans, both of whom you can see marching in Scotland today.

It is ironic as the original Ulster plantations (1606-) were more Scottish than English (Presbyterian Lowlanders). So basically you have circular immigration, with Scots settling in Northern Ireland in say 1606, but their ancestors settling back in Scotland in say 1850!

8 hours ago, Dazey said:

Don’t find any nonces in cricket. Most of ‘em have already been buggered rotten at boarding school so it’s out of their system by then. 

There was a nonce arrested at one of my local cricket clubs. I think I may have posted about it here? I was trying to find the photo of the tweet but found this instead,

Rose in the Toon,

546053_2837753961326_931181690_n.jpg?_nc

Continuing with the football theme, Blyth Spartan's mascot (a fat kid dressed as an ehh Spartan) haha,

60084790_10210636078456492_4380322778801

Edited by DieselDaisy

On 11/3/2020 at 7:45 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Giggs slapping the missus around I see?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54791144

Goes back to what I’ve ALWAYS said, something about that team attracts cunts.  I don’t even mean as players, just morally deplorable people.  

Fergie - cunt

Schemiechel - cunt

Giggs - cunt

Keane - cunt

Neville Bros - wankers

Cantona - cunt

Van Nistelrooy - pussy and cunt

Ronaldo - cunt

Paul Scholes - ginger cunt

Beckham - world cup ruining cunt

I could go on all day, something about that team, the generation of my youth most specifically, personality-wise, are just the most horrible human beings, it just oozes from them, every interview you see.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Goes back to what I’ve ALWAYS said, something about that team attracts cunts.  I don’t even mean as players, just morally deplorable people.  

Fergie - cunt

Schemiechel - cunt

Giggs - cunt

Keane - cunt

Neville Bros - wankers

Cantona - cunt

Ronaldo - cunt

I could go on all day, something about that team, the generation of my youth most specifically, personality-wise, are just the most horrible human beings, it just oozes from them, every interview you see.

The problem with that theory is that if you were correct, you'd be working for Manchester United. You cunt. 

37 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Fergie - cunt

Schemiechel - cunt

Giggs - cunt

Keane - cunt

Neville Bros - wankers

Cantona - cunt

Ronaldo - cunt

Rooney - old cunt shagging cunt :lol: 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Rooney - old cunt shagging cunt :lol: 

Precisely, like I said, I could go on all day!  While his young wife was up the stick, no less.

59 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The problem with that theory is that if you were correct, you'd be working for Manchester United. You cunt. 

I’d never fuckin’ apply mate, I’m ambitious.

Edited by Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

His wife is a proper Vicky Pollard looking slag to be fair. :lol: 

She ain’t bad, you’d have a pop :lol: 

EDIT:  i had a google image, fair play, she’s a bit of a fuckin’ munter, don’t remember her lookin’ that bad!

Edited by Len Cnut

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

She ain’t bad, you’d have a pop :lol: 

I'd have a pop at the granny too. :lol: 

Seriously though I think it's the accent. Can't abide scouse on a bird. That one out of Killing Eve is proper wank fodder but as soon as she opens her gob ........ :lol: 

29 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I'd have a pop at the granny too. :lol: 

Seriously though I think it's the accent. Can't abide scouse on a bird. That one out of Killing Eve is proper wank fodder but as soon as she opens her gob ........ :lol: 

nah, the scouse accent is often sexy, no matter how classy a bird looks slap a scouse accent on her and you know she’s a PROPER slag :lol:  

The granny was funny though, remember in The Sun she was like ‘I tries to reason with him, I really did’ :lol: