THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It sees the true demise of the Man United v Arsenal duopoly considering the former are now mid-table mediocrity. Leicesters, 'Pewls, Man Cities and Spurses are the future. 

Were Arsenal every really dominant enough to be considered in any opoly? :lol:  We were always like...y’know, just sort of persevered and managed to do it a couple of times a decade...unless that decade was the 60s or the last one.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Were Arsenal every really dominant enough to be considered in any opoly? :lol:  We were always like...y’know, just sort of persevered and managed to do it a couple of times a decade...unless that decade was the 60s or the last one.

I just remember it being Man U (Ferguson) v Arsenal (Wenger) during the '90s and '00s. That was basically the premier league in a nut shell. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moreblack said:

3rd with a game in hand, was not expecting this tbh.

It's weird because I don't feel the season has been that good really. But maybe the Spurs trashing is blinding me to appreciate how its been? Still, I think it's a testament to a season where every team drops points and where it is closer in the top than usual. 

Last night's game was wonderful :) I can't remember the last time I watched a game that exciting with that many chances. Pure fun. 

On 12/20/2020 at 8:07 PM, SoulMonster said:

It's weird because I don't feel the season has been that good really. But maybe the Spurs trashing is blinding me to appreciate how its been? Still, I think it's a testament to a season where every team drops points and where it is closer in the top than usual. 

Last night's game was wonderful :) I can't remember the last time I watched a game that exciting with that many chances. Pure fun. 

I mean, the reality is, a lot of teams below us currently are still in the Champions League and we fell. But it seems neither us or them can keep up on both fronts.

Watched the Tottenham series on Amazon Prime. I hate Mourinho and I don't particularly like Tottenham, but it was still worth it. Entertaining enough. I actually like Tottenham less now. What a bunch of boring, wholesome guys. Even Dele Cunt Alli came off okay. 

Now I am watching Sunderland on Netflix. Second episode, loving it. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Watched the Tottenham series on Amazon Prime. I hate Mourinho and I don't particularly like Tottenham, but it was still worth it. Entertaining enough. I actually like Tottenham less now. What a bunch of boring, wholesome guys. Even Dele Cunt Alli came off okay. 

Now I am watching Sunderland on Netflix. Second episode, loving it. 

I haven't seen the Spurs one but the Sunderland one is brilliant.

I don't fancy the Man City one it looks like a giant PR excersise for Pep. The Liverpool one they did when Brendan Rogers was in charge was dreadful aswell. Hes very cringey, he kept inappropriately touching the players, leaving an arm there for a touch too long 😄

On 12/30/2020 at 7:05 PM, spunko12345 said:

I haven't seen the Spurs one but the Sunderland one is brilliant.

I don't fancy the Man City one it looks like a giant PR excersise for Pep. The Liverpool one they did when Brendan Rogers was in charge was dreadful aswell. Hes very cringey, he kept inappropriately touching the players, leaving an arm there for a touch too long 😄

The Sunderland was brilliant! That Bains guy looked more and more drawn and frazzled as the season went on, poor guy :D

And yes, the Man City does look too slick and Pep friendly. I won't see it. I dislike many guys there and can't risk ruin a good hatred.

25 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Bruce on his way out the door shortly I reckon.

Perhaps. We were terrible last night. Can't see where our next win could come from.

Having said that Rafa went ten games without a win and turned it around.

I'd like to think Bruce has until the end of the month to sort this out but who knows.

Arsenal on Monday.

6 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Perhaps. We were terrible last night. Can't see where our next win could come from.

Having said that Rafa went ten games without a win and turned it around.

I'd like to think Bruce has until the end of the month to sort this out but who knows.

Arsenal on Monday.

The difference for me is I can't ever remember Rafa making terrible tactical decisions. His team just played poorly / wasnt good enough. Bruce has spent millions, and continues to make poor decisions. Last might we played 5 at the back plus 2 defensive midfielders against the worst team in the history of the Premier league. We should have gone for it. And drop Hendrick.