THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

I haven't checked into this thread in ages, probably several years. 

Any other kit collectors here? I've recently started collecting a bit, in the past really only gotten kits for clubs I support - West Ham, Toronto FC, and Adelaide United. I came across this website called Away Days that does a mystery kit, it costs $25 and you have no idea what you're getting until you get your package but most of the kits they have come from either smaller clubs in major leagues, or clubs from lesser leagues and most of the kits come from several seasons ago. So far I've gotten Valencia, Sheffield Wednesday, and Feyenoord from them. 

What really got me into the idea of collecting kits though is I thought it would be fun to pick up a national team kit from every country I've been to (About 40 countries). Been having fun researching these national teams' kits and trying to track down the designs I like most. Already had USA, but so far I've managed to get Northern Ireland, Ireland, Romania, and Bahamas - that last one I'm surprised I managed to find so quick as I thought that would be one of the hardest to track down from countries I've been to. 

On 2/8/2021 at 2:23 PM, lukepowell1988 said:

@Len Cnut Remember ages ago we was talking about the Roy Keane MUTV interivew.

I THINK this is it 

https://youtu.be/r_StWWzWaxo

I remember this being referenced in the media after the infamous MUTV interview - this is apparently much more cut throat but seen as Roy was in his pomp, Fergie didn’t make a song and dance out of it.

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

Reading his book, he never let anyone be bigger than the club.

If so and so was hurting the team chemistry, they had to go.

He kept winning league titles and another UCL after Keane to prove him right.

I’m impartial to the drama between Keane and Ferguson but I did agree on the comments regarding Ferguson’s ego and being around the club a lot despite retiring that may have been a negative influence on the likes of Moyes. 

Fergie’s autobiography is a must read, but some of his comments are ridiculous. Despite making a couple of attempts to sign him, he didn’t see Steven Gerrard as a world class player. As much as a knuckle dragger as Gerrard is, I’d never diminish his ability as a footballer, especially when he carried shite Liverpool sides for years. 

9 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Toon sitting right on target, 17th position. Fanfuckingtastic.

Hey, at least you’re not a mackem!

In 2017, after five years out of continental competition Rangers were ranked 308th in Europe and unceremoniously dumped out by the fourth-ranked teams in Luxembourg. In the subsequent three seasons we've jumped up 247 places to 53rd, reached the last 16 of the competition from the early qualifying rounds twice and overcome (if you apply the knockout-tie rules to group games) Maribor, Rapid Vienna, Villarreal, Midtjylland, Legia Warsaw, Porto, Feyenoord, Braga, Willem II, Galatasaray, Standard Liege, Benfica, Lech Poznan and now Royal Antwerp (among others). A long way to go, but when you consider where we've been, I think it's an incredible turnaround and the 9-5 aggregate win we've just completed over Antwerp was football at its craziest and most thrilling. 

On 2/26/2021 at 8:55 AM, Graeme said:

In 2017, after five years out of continental competition Rangers were ranked 308th in Europe and unceremoniously dumped out by the fourth-ranked teams in Luxembourg. In the subsequent three seasons we've jumped up 247 places to 53rd, reached the last 16 of the competition from the early qualifying rounds twice and overcome (if you apply the knockout-tie rules to group games) Maribor, Rapid Vienna, Villarreal, Midtjylland, Legia Warsaw, Porto, Feyenoord, Braga, Willem II, Galatasaray, Standard Liege, Benfica, Lech Poznan and now Royal Antwerp (among others). A long way to go, but when you consider where we've been, I think it's an incredible turnaround and the 9-5 aggregate win we've just completed over Antwerp was football at its craziest and most thrilling. 

We only need another 7 points and there will be fireworks, parties, red white and blue balloons all over Scotland. Rangers a proud British club and soon to be champions again. We will see and hear the tarriers tears from dublin to the west of Scotland.

20 hours ago, moreblack said:

All that's left now is a horrible collapse vs Leipzig in the second leg and the season will be complete

Well, I was surprised by mistakes RBL players did in the 1st game... if they played normal Liverpool would never score...

For me,everything is still possible...