Len Cnut

THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2019/20

Best game was Southampton Chelsea. Utd victory seemed hollow. Salah let me down again in fantasy. I guess a home game is next. Ali goal was good but he never convinces me. 

6 hours ago, wasted said:

Utd victory seemed hollow

These are just flashes of when their shit works properly. But then they go and get beat the next game at Burnley or something...

Until they can get some consistency going, especially defensively, it's just gonna be a case of them spinning their wheels week after week. I don't think they have the people to get them to the next level. I don't even know if they're capable of finding them or luring them to the club at the moment.

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

These are just flashes of when their shit works properly. But then they go and get beat the next game at Burnley or something...

Until they can get some consistency going, especially defensively, it's just gonna be a case of them spinning their wheels week after week. I don't think they have the people to get them to the next level. I don't even know if they're capable of finding them or luring them to the club at the moment.

Newcastle gifted them the goals but I suppose they were pressing well. 

Rashford and Martial are alright but they aren’t Salah and Mane. 

Theyve spent money on Maguire and Pogba. They need more central mid options too. Ward Prowes is the kind of fighter they need. Jimenez at Wolves could  be a good focal point. 

Then they need a proper world class player like Cantona. Griezeman maybe. 

10 minutes ago, wasted said:

Theyve spent money on Maguire and Pogba. They need more central mid options too. Ward Prowes is the kind of fighter they need. Jimenez at Wolves could  be a good focal point. 

That's the thing, I don't think today they could attract those type of players. Hell, if they were trying for Pogba today, I doubt he'd leave Juve for this.

48 minutes ago, wasted said:

Newcastle gifted them the goals but I suppose they were pressing well. 

Rashford and Martial are alright but they aren’t Salah and Mane. 

I reckon its more about who they should get rid of. Loads of them there who have been there ages and shown they're not quits good enough. They should have got Ramsey from Arsenal when he was going for free though. 

3 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I reckon its more about who they should get rid of. Loads of them there who have been there ages and shown they're not quits good enough. They should have got Ramsey from Arsenal when he was going for free though. 

It’s okay to have a squad. Liverpool are winning the league with Hendo and Milner so maybe you don’t need good players. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, moreblack said:

That's the thing, I don't think today they could attract those type of players. Hell, if they were trying for Pogba today, I doubt he'd leave Juve for this.

Manchester probably isn’t that attractive either. I just don’t get the feeling Rash or Martial are hungry. And there’s no leaders driving the team. 

18 minutes ago, wasted said:

Manchester probably isn’t that attractive either. I just don’t get the feeling Rash or Martial are hungry. And there’s no leaders driving the team. 

They need another Keane if one could be found.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wasted said:

It’s okay to have a squad. Liverpool are winning the league with Hendo and Milner so maybe you don’t need good players. 

Them two are a managers dream though. Total professionals. Robots.  You feel if asked they would wash the kit. And they'd do it better than the normal laundry guys. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Them two are a managers dream though. Total professionals. Robots.  You feel if asked they would wash the kit. And they'd do it better than the normal laundry guys. 

Whereas Pogba barely wants to play. But it means you don’t need a team of Messis but one would help. 

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

They need another Keane if one could be found.

Scour the earth. It’s all fine paying 80mil for Maguire but do some scouting. Tour the Irish non league. 

26 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Well I guess we just won the league.

Math says not yet...

11 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

Math says not yet...

If you can lose 5 games in a row and still have the advantage of a game in hand, you've won.

I don't see this big lossing streak happening tbh.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

If you can lose 5 games in a row and still have the advantage of a game in hand, you've won.

I don't see this big lossing streak happening tbh.

Newcastle 1995/96 season. 12 points clear in January. Just sayin'. :lol: 

• Haha 1

Last year, this time Liverpool had 10 huge points lead... now it's 13 points - if you look it like this, not big difference - just one game...

I'll celebrate when math say so - because it is Liverpool we're talking about...

Edited by -Jaro-
Typo

Welcome to the Party

Edited by Graeme

On 29/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, Graeme said:

Welcome to the Party

I'm still hungover after Sunday, what a score line.

On 29/12/2019 at 5:18 PM, lukepowell1988 said:

Same old Arsenal

*ahem* :D