THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

In Suarez defence he is handy for opening up your bottles,

suarezy.png

2 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

I prefer England over France/Sweden. But damn, most sites/forums have the english fans really expecting a win. They will be in a rude awakening.

Shearer is getting carried away a bit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44689721

I mean that is fair enough for Sweden or even Croatia/Russia but the finalist from Brazil/Belgium/Uruguay will be a notch or two above England and overwhelming favourites.

The best way to proceed is to enjoy every game at a time and not think of the next one.

It doesn't do the team in Russia any favours. Look at the hype surrounding the golden generation. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

In Suarez defence he is handy for opening up your bottles,

suarezy.png

Shearer is getting carried away a bit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44689721

I mean that is fair enough for Sweden or even Croatia/Russia but the finalist from Brazil/Belgium/Uruguay will be a notch or two above England and overwhelming favourites.

The best way to proceed is to enjoy every game at a time and not think of the next one.

It doesn't do the team in Russia any favours. Look at the hype surrounding the golden generation. 

Why didnt you mention the arrogant Frogs? Lol

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not know why anybody cannot just give them a break to be honest. Everybody said ''they'd go out in the groups'' (including me in fairness) yet here we are in the last eight. They are a young bunch of kids and more likable than the horrible prima donna flops of the ''golden generation''. They are managed by one of football's few generally humble and decent men (just think, they could have been managed by Big Sam!!). They played against two of the dirtiest teams to have ever graced football, Panama and Colombia, yet England's slightest misdemeanor is receiving opprobrium - yes, we all know Henderson went down theatrically and then reacted later (for which he was yellow-carded) etc etc., but compared to what Colombia were doing? Really?  You're really going to emphasise that point?

You used to take the rise out of me for backing the lads! :lol:

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

He did it quickly, because the referee ignored it. It'd have went to a var decision and been over turned, if the referee did give it.

In all seriousness fella, why the virulent anti-England thing?  I thought you were from England.  Actually I can't remember where you're from but, y'know, just curious.

I can see that England needing to beat Sweden then Russia/Crotia is a decent chance. But Sweden don’t concede many goals. 

Then Brazil and France have real WC pedigree and strong squads. 

Belgium have strong squad but no real pedigree. Uruguay have that fighting spirit and great players. 

I think England can give Belgium a better game than they did. 

I would expect them to lose to Uruguay. They don’t like it up them really. Colombia with Suarez and Cavani. 

If Colombia can dominate England at stages it’s going to be backs against the wall against Brazil and France. I think if you press the England defence they will give you a free goal. 

1 hour ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Haha, I want to buy that bottle opener.  I don't drink anymore but that would be a nice key chain.

I’ve got two, not exactly that one. They are online. 

I suck. I’ve never worked out how to post pics. 

Edited by wasted

54 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Maradona castigating the English for ''committing robbery'' is a bit like Gary Glitter criticising Saville for noncing - ''steady on Jim, the boy's only 11''. 

He scored a goal with his hand. Yet he has the nerve to call out others for robbery?  The guy has no shame

53 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I love Maradonna to be honest, i don't care what he says, he's a fuckin' geezer in my eyes, I'll rate him 'til the day i die.

He was one of the best players ever. But I look at the guy now. And I pity him. 

21 minutes ago, Padme said:

He scored a goal with his hand. Yet he has the nerve to call out others for robbery?  The guy has no shame

Nothing in the world could make me pity Maradonna, hes football history, a titan, after that hes done fuckloads of booze and ching, shagged himself senseless and mouthed off all over the gaff with no filter, thats basically my ideal life :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Padme said:

One thing is the players "robbing" during a match where they have lots of pressure to win it. And different is when the one who is supposed to arbitrate the match and be impartial, favors one of the teams.

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He is a god in Argentina apparently. He is to Argentina what Shearer is to Tyneside.

He is a polarizing character and he's a God only to football fans, but the rest of society who are not interested in football, judge him based on his personal life.

Although, I'm sure when he completely retires, he will be forgiven for his deeds and when he passes away, he will be considered a hero.

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Why do you pity him? He's doing pretty well.

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

If I was Uruguayan I'd consider Suarez a ''piece of shit''. I mean it is simple fact haha. 

Anyhow, vive la france et la belgique. Shouldn't be any room for anymore of these dirty Latin American teams. 

Suarez is a world class player and far away from what you called him. I hope that Uruguay beats France and then they will win the wc. I love all the latin america teams (with exeption of Brasil) . they show passion and football always was about passion. Belgium ? please no. and take away Mbappe from France and it will be "game over"

Cavani will be fit hopefully. 

quite a racist comment you made about Latin america :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Natty said:

Suarez is a world class player and far away from what you called him. I hope that Uruguay beats France and then they will win the wc. I love all the latin america teams (with exeption of Brasil) . they show passion and football always was about passion. Belgium ? please no. and take away Mbappe from France and it will be "game over"

Cavani will be fit hopefully. 

quite a racist comment you made about Latin america :thumbsdown:

I think he meant in terms of footballing discipline, rather than the hygiene of Latin American people...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Graeme said:

I think he meant in terms of footballing discipline, rather than the hygiene of Latin American people...

I didn t even think of hygiene but of a general insult like "dirty ..." 

isnt it an english expression for insulting - low scale insult term?