THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

14 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

In that case you need some very talented RB and LB or RWB and LWB. Like Marcelo, Alba, Caravajal, Cafu, R. Carlos.

Argentina's 86 champions won that way. It was the last time i can remember.

I just see 5-3-2 as a variation on 442. In the 442 the fullbacks have to get forward and one centre mid hangs back. 

But if you’re saying park the bus, two walls of 4 to win it, then I agree. A solid defence will win it. As we saw from Spain Portugal anything can happen when you attack. 

Edited by wasted

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

I just see 5-3-2 as a variation on 442. In the 442 the fullbacks have to get forward and one centre mid hangs back. 

But if you’re saying park the bus, two walls of 4 to win it, then I agree. A solid defence will win it. As we saw from Spain Portugal anything can happen when you attack. 

Park the bus plus some quick counter attack + luck on penaltys = WC.

1 minute ago, Russel Nash said:

Park the bus plus some quick counter attack + luck on penaltys = WC.

Ok I agree. 

But this new trend of 3-4-3 is to take it to those 442 teams.

But they all tighten up knock out rounds. England will play Dier and Henderson. 

In fact I’d lose Kane for a 44-1-1 type formation against big teams. Vardy has pace on counter attack. And you can’t leave Stones to contain Ronaldo. 

10 minutes ago, wasted said:

Ok I agree. 

But this new trend of 3-4-3 is to take it to those 442 teams.

But they all tighten up knock out rounds. England will play Dier and Henderson. 

In fact I’d lose Kane for a 44-1-1 type formation against big teams. Vardy has pace on counter attack. And you can’t leave Stones to contain Ronaldo. 

I hope so, 3-4-3 it would bring more goals on paper.

some say England is the future, it's a big bet, will see.

56 minutes ago, wasted said:

But the 3 is really a 5? 

45 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

In that case you need some very talented RB and LB or RWB and LWB. Like Marcelo, Alba, Caravajal, Cafu, R. Carlos.

Argentina's 86 champions won that way. It was the last time i can remember.

That's the way I pretty much see it

Here we go

England: Pickford; Walker, Stones, Maguire; Trippier, Lingard, Henderson, Alli, Young; Sterling, Kane.

Tunisia: Hassen; Meriah, Syam Ben Youssef, Bronn, Maaloul; Skhiri, Badri, Sassi; Fakhereedine Ben Youssef, Khazri, Sliti.

Referee: Wilmar Roldan (Colombia)

1 hour ago, Russel Nash said:

I hope so, 3-4-3 it would bring more goals on paper.

some say England is the future, it's a big bet, will see.

Its a young team. But if it goes pear shaped, southgate gets sacked and in 4 years none of them will play. Plus youth and pace is now, look at Walcott, he didn’t get better. Sterling has to do it now. 

1 minute ago, Russel Nash said:

Germany 90s version also played with 3 5 2  and won

And so did Italy. I'm not questioning winning or losing. My point is about winning playing beauty football and winning playing ugly. You can say a win is a win, not for me

11 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

Germany 90s version also played with 3 5 2  and won.

Venables, Hoddle played 3-5-2. McClaren probably too. 

But Sven and Cappelo were pretty conservative. The real problem is British football just didn’t produce many technical or flair players. The prem was all about physical strength not passing or keeping the ball. But in recent years you have Swansea playing like Barca. But still there’s a certain niceness to player selection. I just don’t think England will produce a player as much as a cock as Ronaldo. There isn’t even the desperation of the English players as much as you see in Sanchez or Suarez.  Vardy is probably closest, he’s not even playing. 

Edited by wasted

11 hours ago, Tori72 said:

What about the curse of the champions? The team that’s is holding the title will be send home soon. lol. Why wouldn’t I be surprised now?

https://www.ibtimes.co.in/fifa-world-cup-2018-curse-defending-champions-strikes-again-germany-are-bested-by-mexico-772281

And check this, haha :P

https://www.buzzfeed.com/marietelling/is-there-a-curse-on-world-cup-winning-european-teams