THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

53 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

_102123751_capture.jpg

He has gone a bit Rossie O'Donnel in recent times. You must like him, he spends the rest of the time going on about Corbyn.

As for Pepe, he's a nasty loony and past his prime. When he was in it, I'd have taken him overy Terry ect. Maybe not Rio though.

Edited by AtariLegend

3 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

He has gone a bit Rossie O'Donnel in recent times. You must like him, he spends the rest of the time going on about Corbyn.

As for Pepe, he's a nasty loony and past his prime. When he was in it, I'd have taken him overy Terry ect. Maybe not Rio though.

More Rosanne Barr.

I have discussed Corbyn but I don't spend an inordinate amount of time, I believe, discussing that subject.

I do find it a curious thing though, the coverage of international sides (I don't believe it is just an English thing but stand to be corrected?).

They are leaving the hotel

They're on the bus

They are arriving at the venue 

That is footage of them leaving the bus and entering the stadium

(And so forth).

Haha. Weird, isn't it? How could our life possibly be enriched by footage of our national team leaving the hotel and arriving at the venue?

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Pepe, the biggest wanker in football. 

What the Portugal player?

other than his name I have no evidence of wrong doing. 

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do find it a curious thing though, the coverage of international sides (I don't believe it is just an English thing but stand to be corrected?).

They are leaving the hotel

They're on the bus

They are arriving at the venue 

That is footage of them leaving the bus and entering the stadium

(And so forth).

Haha. Weird, isn't it? How could our life possibly be enriched by footage of our national team leaving the hotel and arriving at the venue?

Some people are monitoring what they are wearing, haircuts, headphones - it’s almost advertising. 

On 19/06/2018 at 3:24 AM, killuridols said:

Well, of course the ideal would be that both teams score and go even, with all the adrenaline to score more to win.

Sometimes a goleada :P is amusing, obviously, not for the one that's losing...

But watching a match with people just blocking, falling, pushing, shoving and defending like giant walls is way boring than having a tense match where the teams are really sweating it.

It’s probably better for one team to score then the other have to chase the gsme. But in the end whether its a defensive master class or just a dirty game, its still interesting. As my manager used to say 2-0 is a dangerous score. Nobody knew what he meant but it sounded good. Also our striker was “deceptively slow”. 

Refereeing has been quite bad, add in VAR itsa nightmare. 

Like he just played on instead of giving a penalty. It was at least a free kick on the edge of box. Didn’t go to VAR to decide he played on. 

Now theys a whole panel of refs who don’t know what’s going on. 

32 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I'm so looking forward to the outrage over a penalty being awarded to the opposing team against England in the Last 16 for a random incident that happened 5 minutes earlier.

Fifa won’t let England win it. Putin and Blatter are on site orchestrating another Messi win. 

VAR is really just another step to fixing all the games. It will be like wrestling by 2050. 

53 minutes ago, killuridols said:

They are war wounds. I wouldn't call them retards but I think it is unhealthy to still carry on with the resentment and also mix it with sports.

I must admit to making such references but I’m pretty politcally ignorant, was never said in anything but jest.  And I’d like to know when this time was when we were a threat to Argentina, it certainly aint been in my lifetime.  Oh, the Hand of God, nevermind the next goal where he cut through half the England squad to put it in the back of the net :lol:

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I must admit to making such references but I’m pretty politcally ignorant, was never said in anything but jest.  And I’d like to know when this time was when we were a threat to Argentina, it certainly aint been in my lifetime.  Oh, the Hand of God, nevermind the next goal where he cut through half the England squad to put it in the back of the net :lol:

Well England have beaten them the last two times England and Argentina have played, so...

51 minutes ago, wasted said:

You think Fifa will allow Messi to not win the WC? I think in 10 years we’ll watching PS10 more than the WC. 

They could have made him win it a long time ago, no? :shrugs:

And with the results of first game, I have a hard time believing this thing is rigged.

20 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You mean a threat in a football match or something else?

If you are talking about the sport, I don't think you are... I don't know... we hardly ever play together but when we do, it gets spicy :P and like I said before, from the Argie side the rivalry is mostly political.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Argentina obtained their customary Nigerian fixture

I dont understand why we get those guys.... it's like we're always new in the neighborhood or what? :lol:

They just beat the hell out of us because they are bigger and tougher, but after that they never get anywhere....

:facepalm:

Edited by killuridols