THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

20 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is the worst Argentina I've ever seen. Played like a pub side. 

They got smashed 6-1 in March by Spain. They've been awful for a while. When the pundits start talking them up, you can tell they haven't actually seen them play since 2014.

You can't win a modern world cup with midfielders and defenders that don't play for top European sides. That's before the goalkeeper blunders too.

Edited by AtariLegend

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Gallows being built in the streets of Buenos Aires as we speak.

They better not return here with that sorry ass face.

Should stay in their European mansions, scratching their balls until their paying teams call them back.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Messi does not seem to be the type of player who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck like Diego in '86 or even C. Ronaldo just recently did v Spain. Probably his last cup also, unless he gets used as a supersub in Qater 2022 (although, thinking about it he'll only be one year older in Qater than C. Ronaldo is now).

• GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Messi does not seem to be the type of player who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck like Diego in '86 or even C. Ronaldo just recently did v Spain. Probably his last cup also, unless he gets used as a supersub in Qater 2022 (although, thinking about it he'll only be one year older in Qater than C. Ronaldo is now).

Zidane was 34 when he went all out and carried his under performing teamates till the 2006 World Cup final. It's not impossible, just unlikely.

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But will Messi actually ever perform in the Argie colours, taking players on and dribbling at them and scoring like at Barca, rather than floating around the pitch like a spare part which is all he did here. Not a patch on Diego I'm afraid. 

His team mates are mostly rubbish, baring 2 or 3 attackers and an over the hill Mash, who plays in China. Even if he done an 86 Marradona like performance, they still can't defend and have no midfield. They'd have been smashed badly if they lucked their way to the semi's against a proper team.

Don't think France are winning this tourny either.

Edited by AtariLegend

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

They could have made him win it a long time ago, no? :shrugs:

And with the results of first game, I have a hard time believing this thing is rigged.

You mean a threat in a football match or something else?

If you are talking about the sport, I don't think you are... I don't know... we hardly ever play together but when we do, it gets spicy :P and like I said before, from the Argie side the rivalry is mostly political.

They got him to the final last time. Rigged groups, biased refs. 

Where did England play first game? In a swarm of mosiquotos! They found the one place in russia with trophical climate then had the not give them one decision, a fake penalty. 

44 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Both teams played tough in the first half and that's perfectly fine but not a single Croat did something like this https://streamable.com/qt4re for example 

Who cares anymore, Princess....

37 minutes ago, wasted said:

They got him to the final last time. Rigged groups, biased refs. 

Where did England play first game? In a swarm of mosiquotos! They found the one place in russia with trophical climate then had the not give them one decision, a fake penalty. 

Yeah, sure, its rigged. We have one foot out of the WC and you still think someone's favoring Messi :lol:

28 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Who cares anymore, Princess....

Yeah, sure, its rigged. We have one foot out of the WC and you still think someone's favoring Messi :lol:

It’s rigged if not for Messi for Russia. Everytime the WC is in a dictatorship the home team wins. 

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Lol you keep changing your mind... aren't you Sampaoli, BTW? :lol:

Russia is not a dictatorship :question:

Well, that’s a debatable. Call Putin a pussy in russia. It’s authoritarian. 

Everything’s a conspiracy. Argentina Russia final. 

But I’ll make up some theory closer to the final to prove this. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

We need Maradona assholery

Just like a Prayer you are a mystery. 

I got it, whoever wins will be colluding with Russia. And by doing that they will be Argentinian agents. And this is why Argentina lost, to distract us from what’s really happening. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My reading of Argentine footy is they have two clubs. River Plate are the middle class Englishy fellas with clenched buttocks (English aristos used to like to play polo in Argentina in the 19th century so instigated a lot of sports clubs there) whilst Boca Juniors are the more Hispanic of the two, working class tattooed fellas who play dirty. I suppose a good analogy would be, River Plate are like Real Madrid whilst Boca Juniors are like Barcelona. 

PS

Maradona watch: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/2018/06/21/diego-maradona-cries-argentina-croatia-world-cup-hammering/ 

Edited by DieselDaisy