THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Sampaoli's mistake was that he thought he was ready to face the challenge of a WC. Somebody asked him to be the manager. Who is the fuckin moron who decided to hire him to beging with? 

Luis Segura? With Bauza on the bench this thing would never happened.

I don't like Tinelli, but it was our only hope back then.

2 hours ago, wasted said:

You’ve got to play defensive to win WC unless your like some genius team. 

442 for Argentina. Counter attack. 

Maradona should be the manager.

Well Argentina was supossed to be a genius team with genius Messi  :lol:

Maradona was the manager in the 2010 WC. It didn't work either

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I read a book on the subject and from what I can remember, the earliest football clubs were formed by British railway workers and those are the ones which carried English names, and soon after the Spanish-Italian migrants started forming their own clubs and those clubs carry Hispanic names. 

Yes, there's a handful of teams with English names. Racing Club is another of the teams in Primera Division. Newell's Old Boys from the city of Rosario is legendary. There are other smallest clubs like Arsenal (in honor to the one in England) and Atlanta Athletic Club.

I'm not sure they were formed by British workers but there was definitely an influence from those years. 

My comment had to do with a more modern vision of how those teams function nowadays. 

3 hours ago, Padme said:

Sampaoli's mistake was that he thought he was ready to face the challenge of a WC. Somebody asked him to be the manager. Who is the fuckin moron who decided to hire him to beging with? 

Sampaoli is a ridiculous clown. The moron for sure is in the AFA. That's a place full of morons, hangers-on and corrupted assholes.

1 hour ago, wasted said:

You’ve got to play defensive to win WC unless your like some genius team. 

442 for Argentina. Counter attack. 

Maradona should be the manager.

Maradona already tried himself and failed too :shrugs:

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Well Argentina was supossed to be a genius team with genius Messi  :lol:

Maradona was the manager in the 2010 WC. It didn't work either

Youre not going to win it every year. 

They aren’t a genius team on paper. They are better than England though. 

Brazil, Getmany, Spain have great players. 

Portugal are like Arge. But they only really have Ronaldo. Messi cant impose himself in the same physical way. He needs a dominant structure to thrive. He’s the cherry on the top.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Yes, there's a handful of teams with English names. Racing Club is another of the teams in Primera Division. Newell's Old Boys from the city of Rosario is legendary. There are other smallest clubs like Arsenal (in honor to the one in England) and Atlanta Athletic Club.

I'm not sure they were formed by British workers but there was definitely an influence from those years. 

My comment had to do with a more modern vision of how those teams function nowadays. 

Sampaoli is a ridiculous clown. The moron for sure is in the AFA. That's a place full of morons, hangers-on and corrupted assholes.

Maradona already tried himself and failed too :shrugs:

I sort of remember them playing okay but had no defenders. Where is Tevez?

it’s hard you can’t go out an attack if your defenders arent great. Costa rica just tried and nearly gave brazil a chance. Park. The. Bus. 

Edited by wasted

22 minutes ago, wasted said:

it’s hard you can’t go out an attack if your defenders arent great. Costa rica just tried and nearly gave brazil a chance. Park. The. Bus. 

Park the bus plus luck and counter attack is the way to win a WC.

I liked Brazil very much, i can see them on the final rounds.

24 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Argies haven't even the consolation prize of seeing the Brazilians in a similar plight as themselves, which looked to be the case until extra time.

Compare the squads. Its not even close. Brazil brought on Diego Costa and Firminio. The only player that isnt top was the right back. Whereas Argies have only 4 players. 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

They just said Sampaoli will leave no matter what happens now. The players went to their bedrooms and are not talking to him. They don't respect him and don't wanna know a thing with him anymore.

It is really an scandal backstage :facepalm:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

They just said Sampaoli will leave no matter what happens now. The players went to their bedrooms and are not talking to him. They don't respect him and don't wanna know a thing with him anymore.

Sampaoli tried to get the red card insulting a player yersteday to avoid the next match. Not even that can get right. Patetic.

Burruchaga is set to coach the next game.. maybe.

Just now, Russel Nash said:

Sampaoli tried to get the red card insulting a player yersteday to avoid the next match. Not even that can get right. Patetic.

Burruchaga is set to coach the next game.. maybe.

Now I feel bad for him. Such a pressure I couldn't take. I would surely have a heart attack :lol:

The Burruchaga gossip has been dismissed now. He rejected the offer.

No one wants to extinguish this fire :nervous:

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

They don’t understand they just don’t have the players? 

Brazil have an immense team/ squad. Spain pretty good., Germany always annoying. France haveva few players. 

England, Portugal, Argies the same. Kind of have a couple of players. 

The idea that Stones will be a ball playing centre back. Not when they play a good team. They will need 2 banks of 4. 4 centre backs kicking it into the stands. Vardy will have to play up front with Kane. Dier Henderson. Rose, Trippier. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wasted said:

Brazil have an immense team/ squad. Spain pretty good., Germany always annoying. France haveva few players. 

The idea that Stones will be a ball playing centre back. Not when they play a good team. They will need 2 banks of 4. 4 centre backs kicking it into the stands. Vardy will have to play up front with Kane. Dier Henderson. Rose, Trippier. 

I think it's got more to do with their personalities than who they are as players. They don't gel well with the coach and even have problems among themselves.

In a team effort you can't have people hating each other. :shrugs:

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

but a powerful squad doesn't mean anything in modern football. It helps sure.

I stand by my bet on Uruguay. Adding some Mexico and Portugal to the mix.

The only powerful squad that really has a chance is Brazil.(sorry France and Belgium).

I wanted more of Peru, i really like his ppl and passion. But they got the group of death. They got my back anyway since they proved great balls and football, just some bad luck.

Edited by Russel Nash
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think it's got more to do with their personalities than who they are as players. They don't gel well with the coach and even have problems among themselves.

In a team effort you can't have people hating each other. :shrugs:

True but that is sometimes an excuse when you lose.

The dutch and france have internal meltdowns too. 

True but that is sometimes an excuse when you lose.

The dutch and france have internal meltdowns too. 

In the case of Arg I don't think it is an excuse. It is very real.

Messi had a worrying face and gestures during the anthem. Like something had happened minutes before they entered the field.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

but a powerful squad doesn't mean anything in modern football. It helps sure.

I stand by my bet on Uruguay. Adding some Mexico and Portugal to the mix.

The only powerful squad that really has a chance is Brazil.(sorry France and Belgium).

I wanted more of Peru, i really like his ppl and passion. But they got the group of death. They got my back anyway since they proved great balls and football, just some bad luck.

When you say the squad doesn’t matter, you mean you just meed 11 players? Or that luck, penalties and defensive qualities could take any team to the final? 

I think Ronaldo is a special player as in he can score on his own out of nothing. So Portugal have a chance. 

I can’t see past Brazil. 

Suarez for Uruguay and Portugal. Maybe Russia. 

Brazil Russia final. 

When you say the squad doesn’t matter, you mean you just meed 11 players? Or that luck, penalties and defensive qualities could take any team to the final? 

I think Ronaldo is a special player as in he can score on his own out of nothing. So Portugal have a chance. 

I can’t see past Brazil. 

Suarez for Uruguay and Portugal. Maybe Russia. 

Brazil Russia final. 

you don't need a team with super stars like belgium. with 3 ,4 top players is enough to win a WC. But you have to build your team from defense, then to the mid and foward. You have to make sure that your defense is capable of holding through the game without errors. Then let the top players do the rest. and Luck.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

In the case of Arg I don't think it is an excuse. It is very real.

Messi had a worrying face and gestures during the anthem. Like something had happened minutes before they entered the field.

Maybe they just bottled it. But I don’t think they have the players to assume victories. 

England struggled against Tunisia. Brazil took time to breakdown Costa Rica. 

That goalkeeping mistake was stupid and Modrics goal pretty amazing. 

7 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

you don't need a team with super stars like belgium. with 3 ,4 top players is enough to win a WC. But you have to build your team from defense, then to the mid and foward. You have to make sure that your defense is capable of holding through the game without errors. Then let the top players do the rest. and Luck.

True but teams with good players want play football. But really its going to be a battle. 

I think Messi needs to play in a dominant team. He cant do counter attack too well. Or its not his specialness. 

Edited by wasted