THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

2 hours ago, Graeme said:

Arjen Robben should be tied to a tree and every man, woman and child in Mexico should be allowed a free kick at his baws. Dishonourable diving bastard :lol: .

Hey now, you're talking about one of our best football players ever! He's up there with Cruijff, van Basten, Bergkamp, Gullit, Rijkaard.

It costs you, assuming you buy the cheapest season ticket (£891), £26.00 per goal at The Arsenal!

Put your team in here,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41914171

£4.30 for a pie at White Hart Lane. You can watch Huddlesfield for an entire season for only £100. To do the same for The Arsenal it will set you back £891!

£47.00 for a paupers' ticket for Chelsea!

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It costs you, assuming you buy the cheapest season ticket (£891), £26.00 per goal at The Arsenal!

Put your team in here,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41914171

£4.30 for a pie at White Hart Lane. You can watch Huddlesfield for an entire season for only £100. To do the same for The Arsenal it will set you back £891!

£47.00 for a paupers' ticket for Chelsea!

Thing is they don't want the fuckin' element they're gonna get for a fiver or a tenner a ticket, they had enough of those people in the 70s and 80s.  

https://premiumconcierge.arsenal.com/platinummembership/

Have a butchers at that, its fuckin' hilairious.  And y'know people like you ain't too innocent in all this, all that posh nosh bollocks, I probably dunno what half the shite on those menus is :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Thing is they don't want the fuckin' element they're gonna get for a fiver or a tenner a ticket, they had enough of those people in the 70s and 80s.  

The working class you mean haha?

PS

At my ground when there is an England match they takeover the members lounge and use it for corporate hospitality. The members are relegated somewhere else where they have to get vouchers to get money off of the ordinary beer stalls! VIP areas and corporate suites and the ilk is something new in its prevalence. It didn't exist when I was younger. Now when you see Guns n' roses there is all these different packages and it is all confusing and frighteningly expensive.

Edited by DieselDaisy

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The working class you mean haha?

Basically yeah.  When they spend money on stadiums what they’re basically saying with their ‘excited to be with the club as we push forward into the 21st Century to carry on the rich tradition of ‘x’ Football Club’ is ‘we’re gonna spend a few quid on the gaff now and we dont want no pissed up working class shit shovellers bellowing lewd chants, ripping up the seats and generally making a nuisance of themselves so kindly fuck off’, compounding the hint by pricing them out of the market and flogging food they only recognise cuz they couldn’t be bothered changing the channel one night and happened to catch a show where Gordon Ramsay gets paid for shouting swear words at french people.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Basically yeah.  When they spend money on stadiums what they’re basically saying with their ‘excited to be with the club as we push forward into the 21st Century to carry on the rich tradition of ‘x’ Football Club’ is ‘we’re gonna spend a few quid on the gaff now and we dont want no pissed up working class shit shovellers bellowing lewd chants, ripping up the seats and generally making a nuisance of themselves so kindly fuck off’, compounding the hint by pricing them out of the market and flogging food they only recognise cuz they couldn’t be bothered changing the channel one night and happened to catch a show where Gordon Ramsay gets paid for shouting swear words at french people.

They have the nerve to name one of the restaurants after a formation from some ancient formation (you are the Arsenal historian so You'l know) used by so and so players. The players from those days would've been thrown out of such an establishment for being basically working class. I had this VIP rubbish on holiday recently and it is all fake plastic people working in these places and it left me rather depressed to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They have the nerve to name one of the restaurants after a formation from some ancient formation (you are the Arsenal historian so You'l know) used by so and so players. The players from those days would've been thrown out of such an establishment for being basically working class. I had this VIP rubbish on holiday recently and it is all fake plastic people working in these places and it left me rather depressed to be honest. 

The Dial Square Carvery, I'd love to see the Dial Square boys hop in a time machine and traipse into there with their fuckin' massive taches, hobnail boots and tack on collars, stinking of BO and bitter, scratching their arses at the bar :lol:

At my ground when there is an England match they takeover the members lounge and use it for corporate hospitality. The members are relegated somewhere else where they have to get vouchers to get money off of the ordinary beer stalls! VIP areas and corporate suites and the ilk is something new in its prevalence. It didn't exist when I was younger. Now when you see Guns n' roses there is all these different packages and it is all confusing and frighteningly expensive.

Its the uploading of working class culture into the broader lexicon, its to encourage you not to be a dirty little oik and better yourself.  Cuz you can't fight it without some sort of Luddite revolt and we can't be arsed with all that, so you've either got to get yourself in a higher income bracket or eventually you ain't gonna be fuckin' welcome.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

The Dial Square Carvery, I'd love to see the Dial Square boys hop in a time machine and traipse into there with their fuckin' massive taches, hobnail boots and tack on collars, stinking of BO and bitter, scratching their arses at the bar :lol:

The WM Club honours the pioneering 3-2-2-3 formation brought to the game by Herbert Chapman and team captain Charlie Buchan in the 1920s. 

I think even the posh guys who dominated sport during the 'amateur era' would have been a bit put out by such places as they were advocates of a vertain Victorian 'manliness' and strident 'Britishness'. They would go into one of these places expecting their slab of British beef and be greeted by, ''Aubergine Parmigiana with red pepper coulis''. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think even the posh guys who dominated sport during the 'amateur era' would have been a bit put out by such places as they were advocates of a vertain Victorian 'manliness' and strident 'Britishness'. They would go into one of these places expecting their slab of British beef and be greeted by, ''Aubergine Parmigiana with red pepper coulis''. 

There's a weird dichotomy in this country.  There is what we are led to believe about culture and what actually is, what is actually going on.  We're pumped full of this sort of cultural advancement but the ground level reality is actually quite different.  Brexit is actually a brilliant example of this, we're sold this idea of England being this massive multicultural land of wonder but the ground level reality of it is a great many people are not happy with that.  The majority in fact, if the vote is anything to go by and thats how we guage such things in democratic free societies.  And its the same with the class system, culturally you'd be led to believe theres like...an upper class, a middle class, a lower middle class of aspirationals...and then dole scroungers basically.  The reality is something else though.  A lot of people like to go on about 'the working class, the working class!' and what they were up to in the 70s or Dickenses time or in some documentary remembering the brave men of the World Wars but show me the representation of the good honest working class, who actually work, in the 21st Century in Britain today.  You can't cuz it don't exist.  Its all 'Life on Benefits', 'People Just Do Nothing' and oh look at the precocious young negroes and their quaint 'grime music'.   

21 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

There's a weird dichotomy in this country.  There is what we are led to believe about culture and what actually is, what is actually going on.  We're pumped full of this sort of cultural advancement but the ground level reality is actually quite different.  Brexit is actually a brilliant example of this, we're sold this idea of England being this massive multicultural land of wonder but the ground level reality of it is a great many people are not happy with that.  The majority in fact, if the vote is anything to go by and thats how we guage such things in democratic free societies.  And its the same with the class system, culturally you'd be led to believe theres like...an upper class, a middle class, a lower middle class of aspirationals...and then dole scroungers basically.  The reality is something else though.  A lot of people like to go on about 'the working class, the working class!' and what they were up to in the 70s or Dickenses time or in some documentary remembering the brave men of the World Wars but show me the representation of the good honest working class, who actually work, in the 21st Century in Britain today.  You can't cuz it don't exist.  Its all 'Life on Benefits', 'People Just Do Nothing' and oh look at the precocious young negroes and their quaint 'grime music'.   

I would say the multicultural project was only adopted by certain British people: upwardly mobile and pecuniary minded city-centric cosmopolitan if not London-based types. They are usually left-centrist in political outlook (pro-European Union); politically correct to a tee; anti-British and obsessed with all things foreign - everything foreign sounding is 'magical' to them; usually globe-trotting and university educated 'gap year' student types also. The working/lower middle classes who do not go to university and do not work in ''the city'' were neither consulted nor included in the multicultural project, on the European Union, on migration. In a way this is focusing too much on class though as (occasionally wealthy) people who live in rural areas and smaller towns did not partake of the multicultural project. And how does the cosmopolitan types disparage the latter? ''Little Englanders'' (Scottish fishermen take note) and ''white van men''.  

It is ironic because the majority of migrants drift into lower paid jobs and poor tenement housing (as they did years ago, going back to the Empire Windrush days) and become a new segment of the working class. The majority of them get the same wank deal their white predecessors have had for three-hundred years.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I would say the multicultural project was only adopted by certain British people: upwardly mobile and pecuniary minded city-centric cosmopolitan if not London-based types. They are usually left-centrist in political outlook (pro-European Union); politically correct to a tee; anti-British and obsessed with all things foreign - everything foreign sounding is 'magical' to them; usually globe-trotting and university educated 'gap year' student types also. 

And these people are a minority in this country but they are the most well represented, the acceptable voice of England.  This isn’t to necessarily say that I am 100% behind whatever the opposite is, I just think the disparity of representation will lead us nowhere, you can’t pretend something doesn’t exist just cuz you dont like it and thats whats been going on in this country for a while now.

NORTH LONDON IS RED

NORTH LONDON IS RED NORTH LONDON IS RED NORTH LONDON IS RED NORTH LONDON IS RED NORTH LONDON IS RED NORTH LONDON IS RED NORTH LONDON IS RED NORTH LONDON IS RED NORTH LONDON IS RED NORTH LONDON IS RED NORTH LONDON IS RED NORTH LONDON IS RED NORTH LONDON IS RED NORTH LONDON IS RED

• Like 1