THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

30 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Can't help it, more than 30 years of American television and a half-Canadian mother does that to you. You should hear the accent, people think I'm American, which isn't something to be proud about either, I know, but it beats sounding posh or like the Gallaghers.

Well you were the one complaining about the Anglicization of the Netherlands, yet seemingly you are yankified yourself? You are a mess of contradictions. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well you were the one complaining about the Anglicization of the Netherlands, yet seemingly you are yankified yourself? You are a mess of contradictions. 

I have to say, you always make some weird interpretations on here.

You accused me of using American slang and I explained why that is. I don't like using English or words from any other language when I'm speaking my native language.

But when I speak English it sounds more American than British because I grew up with American accents and American-English a lot more than British-English. If I had spent my life watching the BBC more instead of American stuff, I might have used more British-English.

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

I have to say, you always make some weird interpretations on here.

You accused me of using American slang and I explained why that is. I don't like using English or words from any other language when I'm speaking my native language.

But when I speak English it sounds more American than British because I grew up with American accents and American-English a lot more than British-English. If I had spent my life watching the BBC more instead of American stuff, I might have used more British-English.

I thought you complained awhile back about Dutch people using English in shops, even between each other? It turns out you speak Yanky English yourself from too many evenings watching boxsets of Cheers

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I thought you complained awhile back about Dutch people using English in shops, even between each other? It turns out you speak Yanky English yourself from too many evenings watching boxsets of Cheers

Huh? Yes, I just explained that I don't like it when people throw in words from another language in their own language.

But when I'm communicating in ENGLISH I can't help it that I speak with a somewhat American accent and that I probably use more American-English than British-English, or American slang if you will, because I've been listening to American-English since I can remember. I'm not doing that on purpose. If I had my way I'd speak with an Irish accent, I liked them the most, but my accent or 'slang' is what it is from, well, not Cheers. 

The Agriculrural Championship of Stella. 6 cans of Stella x 4 cans of Hobgoblin Gold and a bottle of white wine in a diamond formation with a passing style, 3-4-3, offside trap. Fry up 2morrow, you can bet your botton dollar, that the Rum will come out tomorrow. 

Edited by wasted

Do you think Lichensteiner will play regular or Bellerin?

Arsenal have a lot of new blood. Torreira looks like what they’ve needed for ages. Socratis is a no nonsense leg breaker. 

City and Chelsea and Utd have easiest starts though. 

Mkhitatiyan is in my fantasy team at 7 seems like good value. 

Edited by wasted

On 28/07/2018 at 5:45 PM, wasted said:

Arsenal have a lot of new blood. Torreira looks like what they’ve needed for ages. Socratis is a no nonsense leg breaker. 

I dunno man but I'm not convinced on Bellerin in general...fast as fuck but not a lot else.  Bit of a Walcott if you ask me.

On 7/28/2018 at 5:45 PM, wasted said:

You searched, copied and pasted those names? Correct?

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I dunno man but I'm not convinced on Bellerin in general...fast as fuck but not a lot else.  Bit of a Walcott if you ask me.

Maybe switch for Stones or Maguire. 

Degea

Bellerin Trippier Mendy Robertson

B Silva Salah Mhkitaryan Pedro

Firmino Morata

Edited by wasted

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

What is this ridiculous woman saying? :blink: :facepalm:

Im sorry lady but I hope football teams will always be formed of actual good footballers, not based on their skin color. 

Omg... "just like Roman Empire" that made world cups and olympics to distract people..."

In next sentence she accused Spain, Italy and ... Germany for lack of black people in Argentina... after that argentina started the war to get rid of African people, and those who survived were exposed to yellow fever - also racist virus tgat attacks only African people....

My God - Internet is call for doomsday...

I stopped after that, but saw that there is a A.Hitler story next...

Edited by -Jaro-
  • Like 1

The World Cup is a distraction? If I had my way the whole world economy would be based on football. Anyone else I would eradicate. Once humans run solely off electricity we won’t need anything. In fact we could just all hook our brains up to my Fifa 2014 management season and watch the money pile up. 

6 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

Omg... "just like Roman Empire" that made world cups and olympics to distract people..."

In next sentence she accused Spain, Italy and ... Germany for lack of black people in Argentina... after that argentina started the war to get rid of African people, and those who survived were exposed to yellow fever - also racist virus tgat attacks only African people....

My God - Internet is call for doomsday...

I stopped after that, but saw that there is a A.Hitler story next...

She put an SS symbol in our flag :anger:..... She should be reported only for that!

She says Hitler died in the south of Argentina where he was hidden and that Germany took over our country... How in the hell did that happen and we don't speak German yet? :wacko:

For her, any German person is a nazi and apparently we have helped them ever since they were defeated in Europe... :facepalm:

She's so totally ignorant spreading this lies over YouTube... She knows jack shit about the history of our country... Does she know the biggest Jewish community in Latinamerica lives in Argentina? How does that work with so many nazis, as she claims?

And why should we put black people in our team? That's the weirdest shit I've heard someone say.

Edited by killuridols

1 hour ago, Juventino said:

Nope. Lichtsteiner.

Close enough.

He does a great slide tackle but he’s old. Arsenal have so much attacking options do they really need Bellerin. Lichtsteiner looks like a pretty solid defender. Maybe in prem he’s like a centre back. 

I think Mhkitaryan is wrong too?