Fortus solo during KOHD

foreverguns

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Well, this is going to turn into a Richard hate thread very quickly from here.

Only by the Izzy's hardcore mullet-head has been so called "fans" (stuck in the 80's).

The rest of the world? everybody loves Fortus, millions and millions of people who have seen the band onstage across the world agree.

Fortus is the upgrated version of Izzy : better, stronger, faster. 

He is just a millions times more talented.

Edited by Sunset Boulevard

10 minutes ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

Only by the Izzy's hardcore mullet-head has been so called "fans" (stuck in the 80's).

The rest of the world? everybody loves Fortus, millions and millions of people who have seen the band onstage across the world agree.

Dude, delusional much? :facepalm:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

Totally. Fortus is a fantastic player. Nice guy. Knows how to play rhythm and take the lead. Izzy is great for his contributions and being a founding member, but Fortus blows Izzy away on guitar skills.

13 minutes ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

Lol he will never reach Izzys talent as a songwriter. Richard is the more skilled guitar player but Izzy's importance in Guns was never about high profilic guitar playing. That was always Slash's part. Izzy's importance was the songwriting and the Stones vibe he add to the bands sound. Richard will never reach these kind of dimensions regarding importance for GNR. He's just an employee and replaceable. Izzy isn't.

If you try to replace Izzy the bands sound will change as it will when any other member of the classic lineup will be replaced.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Totally. Fortus is a fantastic player. Nice guy. Knows how to play rhythm and take the lead. Izzy is great for his contributions and being a founding member, but Fortus blows Izzy away on guitar skills.

And Ron Thal blows them all away any-fucking-time he wishes. So what?!!!!!

You guys are so fn' missing the point on GNR and what they were all about. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 31illusions said:

Word. However being a more technically advanced and better player won't necessarily result in better songs, and it doesn't mean you're a better fit. Time and time again I thought: damn look at all the guys in this band it's gonna be epic, and then be disappointed.

Chickenfoot prime example, Joe Satriani is their guitarist and is miles above Fortus and most every other big name player currently yet the songs are just awful and the band isn't really good even though they have all those huge stars in it.

Izzy's bare bones approach to songwriting is just a much better fit for gnr and for Slash to work with, so that's what I hope will happen someday.

2 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

And Ron Thal blows them all away any-fucking-time he wishes. So what?!!!!!

You guys are so fn' missing the point on GNR and what they were all about. 

The band has changed. A new drummer (who sucks) a new guitar player, who can actually give Slash a run for his money. I would love Izzy back, but the more I watch Fortus, The more I see how good he is. He meshes well with Slash. Get rid of the shitty-ass drummer first, then we'll talk about Fortus.

A chance for what? 

Listen, I like the guy, respect his skills and taste. He may even be a very nice guy.

BUT, it ain't GNR no matter how well he plays.

Er, a chance to prove himself?  Ya know?  Let's hear what he contributes to the new-music-that-I-am-sure-is-coming and then judge.  Let's not judge before he's written anything.  I like his solo stuff. It's very bluesy.  Do you not like it?

1 minute ago, 31illusions said:

The band has changed. A new drummer (who sucks) a new guitar player, who can actually give Slash a run for his money. I would love Izzy back, but the more I watch Fortus, The more I see how good he is. He meshes well with Slash. Get rid of the shitty-ass drummer first, then we'll talk about Fortus.

Yea yea, I agree Ferrer is a much bigger issue.

BUT, what does "give Slash a run for his money" mean? Music ain't a competition.

Just now, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Er, a chance to prove himself?  Ya know?  Let's hear what he contributes to the new-music-that-I-am-sure-is-coming and then judge.  Let's not judge before he's written anything.  I like his solo stuff. It's very bluesy.  Do you not like it?

Yea, I do as a matter of fact. BUT that ain't GNR. There is nothing to prove! Bring back the real band, or fuck off into the sunset.

I'm sorry, I'm just that much of a purist with all things GNR. 

Yea yea, I agree Ferrer is a much bigger issue.

BUT, what does "give Slash a run for his money" mean? Music ain't a competition.

Yea, I do as a matter of fact. BUT that ain't GNR. There is nothing to prove! Bring back the real band, or fuck off into the sunset.

I'm sorry, I'm just that much of a purist with all things GNR. 

I understand that and I agree, but you do realise that Izzy ain't coming back?  Honestly, I'd stake money on it at this point. If he ends up in a recording studio with those guys, writing songs, I'll eat my hat.  And my words.  At some point, you have to accept the new line-up...well, I have anyway.  It's much easier that way, much less angsty. :lol:

34 minutes ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

No, some people genuinely think he doesn't fit well in the band or his style of playing doesn't really mesh well with Slash's.

I didn't like any of his solos or jam spots whe I saw him this year, I think they all sounded boring and had nowhere near the amount of feeling Izzy plays with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I understand that and I agree, but you do realise that Izzy ain't coming back?  Honestly, I'd stake money on it at this point. If he ends up in a recording studio with those guys, writing songs, I'll eat my hat.  And my words.  At some point, you have to accept the new line-up...well, I have anyway.  It's much easier that way, much less angsty. :lol:

Never say never. ;)

In any case, I simply cannot accept this latest incarnation as GNR. And I'm perfectly fine with it. Through the decades I learnt to metabolize such disappointments.

It got really close this time though... argh!

I dont even care for his skills, I just love his tone and way of playing so much. Guy has such a great groove, swing and swag.

People who keep comparing Izzy to him must be severaly retarded, two different beasts both amazing at their own.

Edited by default_

On 27.8.2017 at 6:32 PM, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I can't  really say anything about his solo material (because I'm not familiar with it). But when it comes to Gn'R, it's up to Axl to give him a chance to prove himself. Before that happens, he is just a guy who plays music that someone else has written.

17 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I can't  really say anything about his solo material (because I'm not familiar with it). But when it comes to Gn'R, it's up to Axl to give him a chance to prove himself. Before that happens, he is just a guy who plays music that someone else has written.

I was imploring fans to give him a chance in terms of their opinion of him.  Basically, from a fan perspective, don't write him off until we've heard whatever he contributes to new music IF there's new music.  If that makes any sense...

• Like 1