Game of Thrones Season 8 Death Pool *SPOILERS*

AtariLegend

Think of 10 characters (only) you think won't make it past the final season next year.

Since the scripts/spoilers/filming haven't came out/started yet there's no spoilers. The books have also gone in a different direction from the show.

(Updated Rule)

1 Per a character being killed

2 If the character is turned into a wight (whether they're killed again or not)

Spoiler

Original statement that no long applies:

2 points if a character is killed/turned into a wight.

It was changed, because otherwise there'd be no tie breaker.

Do not pick "The Night King", it won't count. Also please don't pick Ceseri's unborn child.

For example;

1.        Grey Worm
2.        Melisandre
3.        Samwell Tarly
4.        Daenerys Targaryen 
5.        Beric Dondarrion
6.        Qyburn
7.        Arya Stark
8.        Euron Greyjoy
9.        Cersei Lannister
10.      Varys

You must know the name of the character you pick, don't say for example "the guy traveling with Brienne". Say Podric Payne instead.

*You can edit your choices as many times as you like for the next month, afterwards any predictions you make by October won't count*. We can come back to this thread when the seasons airing to see who guessed correctly.

LEADER BOARD;

=

-Jaro- 

AslatIE

AtariLegend

bran

Daedalus

Dan H.

Deb Rose

downzy

Georgy Zhukov

KiraMPD

username

Zoot

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Think of 10 characters (only) you think won't make it past the final season next year.

Since the scripts/spoilers/filming haven't came out/started yet there's no spoilers. The books have also gone in a different direction from the show.

2 points if a character is killed/turned into a wight. Do not pick "The Night King", it won't count.

For example;

1.        Grey Worm
2.        Melisandre
3.        Samwell Tarly
4.        Daenerys Targaryen 
5.        Beric Dondarrion
6.        Yara Greyjoy
7.        Arya Stark
8.        Euron Greyjoy
9.        Cersei Lannister
10.      Varys

You must know the name of the character you pick, don't say for example "the guy traveling with Brienne". Say Podric Payne instead.

*You can edit your choices as many times as you like for the next month, afterwards any predictions you make by October won't count*. We can come back to this thread when the seasons airing to see who guessed correctly.

Sure things: 

1. Varys

2. Melisandre

3. Cersei

Maybe's: 

4. Theon

5. The Mountain #Cleganebowl2019

6. Grey Worm

Less likely: 

7. Sansa

8. Brienne

9. Jaime

Climatic ending death: 

10. Daenerys

My guesses for now. 

Edited by username

6 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Actually, spoilers will be out in a year anyway. So what's the point?

...Because the pool only runs until October this year. It won't count if you edit your post/guess after filming starts. That's when the spoilers will start.

We'll revisit it when the show actually airs.

Edited by AtariLegend

1. Grey Worm

2. Missandei

3. Jon (Aegon) Targaryen

4. Cersei Lannister

5. Wight Hodor

6. The Mountain

7. The Hound

8. Euron Greyjoy

9. Yara Greyjoy

10. Varys

Replaced Beric with Varys because I forgot he was at Eastwatch in the sea :lol: 

Edited by AslatIE

On 8/29/2017 at 0:15 PM, AslatIE said:

Beric/Tormound didn't die. Looked to me like that they ran to the side of the wall that didn't fall. Could be wrong, but they're probably not going to kill both off screen. Although it is D/D.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Beric/Tormound didn't die. Looked to me like that they ran to the side of the wall that didn't fall. Could be wrong, but they're probably not going to kill both off screen. Although it is D/D.

They're assumed dead for now. Varys is gonna die, I can feel it in my loins.

1. Queen Cersei Lannister

2. Ser Davos Seaworth

3. Daario Naharis

4. Ser Jamie Lannister

5. Lord Berick Dondarrion

6. Ser Gregor Clegane

7. Qyburn

8. Melisandre

9. Euron Greyjoy

10. Ser Jorah Mormont

Swapped Theon for Jorah

Edited by Dan H.

7 hours ago, Dan H. said:

1. Queen Cersei Lannister

2. Ser Davos Seaworth

3. Daario Naharis

4. Ser Jamie Lannister

5. Lord Berick Dondarrion

6. Ser Gregor Clegane

7. Qyburn

8. Melisandre

9. Euron Greyjoy

10. Ser Jorah Mormont

Swapped Theon for Jorah

Theon living would make sense. And cruel since he has no dick. Or balls

On 9/8/2017 at 4:29 PM, Georgy Zhukov said:

Theon living would make sense. And cruel since he has no dick. Or balls

I think its a toss up. D&D have become quite predictable, so Theon bravely dying to save a Stark seems like a high probability. On the other hand he may yet survive GoT for as of yet unknown reasons.

Jorah was basically born to die for Dany, and so it seems pretty likely that will happen. Plus he is old and at this point unneccisary to the story, and unlikely to be useful in an epilogue as Lady Mormont not only rules Bear Island but is a fan favorite and unlikely to die in the show.

1 minute ago, Dan H. said:

I think its a toss up. D&D have become quite predictable, so Theon bravely dying to save a Stark seems like a high probability. On the other hand he may yet survive GoT for as of yet unknown reasons.

Jorah was basically born to die for Dany, and so it seems pretty likely that will happen. Plus he is old and at this point unneccisary to the story, and unlikely to be useful in an epilogue as Lady Mormont not only rules Bear Island but is a fan favorite and unlikely to die in the show.

She is too cute to die!

Shouldn't have said The Mountain can't be picked, like The Night King... due to the fact that character's already dead, but I'll leave it be since it's too late and lots of people already made the pick.

On 8/29/2017 at 0:15 PM, AslatIE said:

1. Grey Worm

2. Missandei

3. Jon (Aegon) Targaryen

4. Cersei Lannister

5. Unborn child of Cersei and Jaime

6. The Mountain

7. The Hound

8. Euron Greyjoy

9. Yara Greyjoy

10. Varys

However could you please pick someone other than no. 5. The idea was that we were going to do this before leaks happen for next season and we still will, however apart from the fact that it's an unnamed character;

Spoiler

The original season finale script for the episode that just aired had her have a miscarriage before the end of the episode. 

Apologies.

Edited by AtariLegend

3 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Shouldn't have said The Mountain can't be picked, like The Night King... due to the fact that character's already dead, but I'll leave it be since it's too late and lots of people already made the pick.

However could you please pick someone other than no. 5. The idea was that we were going to do this before leaks happen for next season and we still will, however apart from the fact that it's an unnamed character;

Reveal hidden contents

The original season finale script for the episode that just aired had her have a miscarriage before the end of the episode. 

Apologies.

Not clicking that spoiler. You're a boring cunt :lol:

On 9/10/2017 at 4:52 PM, AslatIE said:

Not clicking that spoiler. You're a boring cunt :lol:

You already knew.

Anyway they're building the sets, filming starts in a few weeks. So if anyone wants to sign up like @bran or @OmarBradley, there's 2 weeks left before the spoilers get out.

Unfortunately we'll probably know the end of the show before Christmas. *Hope I'm wrong*.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

You already knew.

Anyway they're building the sets, filming starts in a few weeks. So if anyone wants to sign up like @bran or @OmarBradley, there's 2 weeks left before the spoilers get out.

Unfortunately we'll probably know the end of the show before Christmas. *Hope I'm wrong*.

This is the first time I've checked into a GoT thread since S5. I haven't watched 6 or 7. I stupidly thought Winds was inevitable in both 2015 and 2016... and 2017...

I'm getting close to the point of saying "fuck it," but not quite there yet.