Game of Thrones Season 8 Death Pool *SPOILERS*

AtariLegend

48 minutes ago, bran said:

Bran Stark

I could totally see D/D randomly killing of Bran in the first or second episode just for a major death early on. 

Honestly do not believe most of these characters stories will end the same way as in the books (or George intends them, if he ever does write them).

Filming starts very soon, anyone that wants to part take after October 1st, it won't count.

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

I could totally see D/D randomly killing of Bran in the first or second episode just for a major death early on. 

Honestly do not believe most of these characters stories will end the same way as in the books (or George intends them, if he ever does write them).

Filming starts very soon, anyone that wants to part take after October 1st, it won't count.

I could as well, the thing is with how fast this season is going to go, none of the deaths I think will have any kind of impact, it will just end up like the walking dead.

This is the last day for those signing up or anyone who wants to edit their posts.

Anything after today won't count and the same with edits. Filming is about to start, so will probably be lots of leaks in the next several months. 

In 2019 when it airs, we can come back to the thread and see who's the smartest :P.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2018 at 2:05 AM, Georgy Zhukov said:

Well, we may have a death.

Whom? Use spoiler tags, just incase.

fyi There were a few leaked pages of script this season in the same vein as previous seasons that had major spoilers, including one from the final episode. They seemed dubious at the time, but I guess they were probably correct given what they've supposedly been filming.

There wasn't actually a death though in them that I recall. The ending isn't in the page from the final episode, but you can draw conclusions from it.

Edited by AtariLegend

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Whom? Use spoiler tags, just incase.

fyi There were a few leaked pages of script this season in the same vein as previous seasons that had major spoilers, including one from the final episode. They seemed dubious at the time, but I guess they were probably correct given what they've supposedly been filming.

There wasn't actually a death though in them that I recall. The ending isn't in the page from the final episode, but you can draw conclusions from it.

Spoiler

Jamie Lannister's death was mentioned in passing.

• 4 months later...

Game of Thrones prequel series ordered from George RR Martin and Jane Goldman
HBO has given a pilot order to a series set thousands of years before the hit show with Kick-Ass and Kingsman screenwriter Jane Goldman as showrunner

HBO has given an official pilot order to their first Game of Thrones prequel series.

The as-yet-untitled show will be co-created by original author George RR Martin and Jane Goldman who will act as showrunner. Goldman’s screenwriting credits include Kick-Ass and Kingsman: The Secret Service.

The series will be set thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones and “will chronicle the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour”. HBO has released the following logline: “Only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend … it’s not the story we think we know.”

Martin had already revealed that any HBO spin-offs would be prequels but the news acts as confirmation of the first of a number of potential new shows set in the same universe. Last May, the network hired a number of writers to work on them, including Goldman herself and Brian Helgeland, who wrote the screenplay for LA Confidential.

Last year, Goldman hinted that her series will include humor and gore. “Those are things I love, and things I like to do,” shetold . “It would be remiss of me not to put them in.”

HBO’s progamming president, Casey Bloys, has teased that there will be between “zero to five” spin-off projects that make it to the small screen. He also revealed that the first show will not air until at least a year after the main show ends.

The final season will air in 2019 with Bloys referring to it as “six one-hour movies”. He told : “The show has proven that TV is every bit as impressive and in many cases more so, than film. What they’re doing is monumental.”

Star Emilia Clarke recently revealed that she has already shot her final scene as Daenerys Targaryen. “It fucked me up,” she told Vanity Fair. “Knowing that is going to be a lasting flavor in someone’s mouth of what Daenerys is …”

Sourcehttps://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/jun/08/game-of-thrones-prequel-series-ordered-from-george-rr-martin-and-jane-goldman

Show will supposedly feature Bran the Builder, The Long Night ect. 

D/D not involved, they're doing future Star Wars films now.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Filming was supposed to end just a few days ago (meaning there's probably a small bit more to go), but the prequel is apparently filming in 3 months back in Belfast!

Apparently however they have a 2nd prequel in pre-production based on the Doom of Valyria, but partly based on Sothoryos (the continent that's mention in the books, but never shows up). They're going to milk the franchise till the end.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Realized that never mentioned how this would be scored and tie breaker.

It's too late to announce a prize however for points just incase:

1 Per a character being killed

2 If the character is turned into a wight (whether they're killed again or not)

The second part's important, as there'll probably be a tie otherwise.

Edited by AtariLegend

LEADER BOARD:

1st

bran - 5

2nd

Dan H. - 3

Zoot - 3

4th

AtariLegend - 2

downzy - 2

KiraMPD - 2

username - 2

8th

-Jaro- - 1

Daedalus - 1

Deb Rose - 1

11th

AslatIE - 0

Georgy Zhukov - 0

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

On 02/05/2019 at 6:33 PM, AtariLegend said:

Updated (as of Episode 4)

LEADER BOARD:

1st

bran - 5

2nd

Dan H. - 3

Zoot - 3

4th

AtariLegend - 2

downzy - 2

KiraMPD - 2

username - 2

8th

-Jaro- - 1

Daedalus - 1

Deb Rose - 1

AslatIE - 1

Georgy Zhukov - 1

Updated (as of Episode 5)

LEADER BOARD:

1st =:

bran - 8

Dan H. - 8

3rd:

KiraMPD - 7

4th =:

AtariLegend - 6

AslatIE - 6

Daedalus - 6

downzy - 6

Georgy Zhukov - 6

username - 6

Zoot - 6

11th =:

-Jaro- - 5

Deb Rose - 5

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

FINAL LEADER BOARD:

1st:

bran - 9

2nd =:

Dan H. - 8

KiraMPD - 8

4th =:

AtariLegend - 7

downzy - 7

Georgy Zhukov - 7

username - 7

Zoot - 7

8th =:

AslatIE - 6

Daedalus - 6

-Jaro- - 6

Deb Rose - 6

TRIVIA NOTE:

Spoiler

bran was the only one to pick a character turned into a wight (or remember Ed), hence the extra point. Otherwise we'd have a 3 way tie.

Congrats Bran.

Edited by AtariLegend