10/16/17 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

gunsguy

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

Not to nitpick, but Slash's hair could be a bit longer and curlier. I wouldn't recognise him if I didn't know what it was. Axl and Duff were way more recognizable.

Yeah, I'm actually not crazy about this one. It's a Gangs of New York theme, but while the other two were clearly Axl and Duff (with a slight nod to Gangs of NY- I didn't know until I saw someone else point it out in Nightrain), the Slash one just looks like Bill the Butcher with a Slash hat and not Slash.

• Like 1

Really odd.  The Duff litho looked like 2017 Duff, which you'd expect.  The Axl litho was 90s Axl, which doesn't tie in with 2017 Duff so those two were out of sync.  And now the Slash litho is...not at all like Slash of any era.  So the three are actually quite mismatched.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Willis1988 said:

I get the Bill the Butcher thing but this is pretty disappointing. I was looking forward to trying to get all three but now I'll probably pass 

Same here. I was going to drive to MSG to try to snag one on my way home, but I'm glad I didn't.

1 hour ago, wp9215 said:

I got online at 6:30 at the main merch stand in the front entrance (before scanning my ticket) yesterday and was able to get one but the shirts were sold out.

That's good, I just saw posts of upset people saying they didn't . Today there were 300 again, 1 per person and I left 30 min ago so I don't know the status of availability at this point in time . At 5:15pm or so, I got #75 if that helps any .

6 minutes ago, Ratam said:

True,Slash is only reconigzable for his top-hat.

He is only recognizable because it's a GnR shirt and we knew it was slash's night, lol! The stache ? The hair?! At least get the hair right , they turned him into a feathered , full Caucasian fella .

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Should have put the sunglasses on it 

Exactly 

Got one and a shirt and took them home. I think I got like 18, but I can't remember. 

At the Wednesday and Sunday shows, I came in around 6:15 and managed to get both and both shirts in medium.

There's another merch stand up by section 212 that had like 30 at the previous shows. You can't get up there until after the doors open, so you can rush up if you get there later.

14 minutes ago, Pishy said:

He is only recognizable because it's a GnR shirt and we knew it was slash's night, lol! The stache ? The hair?! At least get the hair right , they turned him into a feathered , full Caucasian fella .

Exactly 

Perfect description 😆

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You guys are looking at the poster wrong, it is daniel day lewis (from Gangs of New York, the film) with Slash's top hat on...not Slash with a moustache, geeze.  

Fuck, you are correct, it is Daniel Day Lewis. And it’s not a Slash hat, Daniel Day Lewis wore a top hat in the film. It’s all Danial Day Lewis. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

Fuck, you are correct, it is Daniel Day Lewis. And it’s not a Slash hat, Daniel Day Lewis wore a top hat in the film. It’s all Danial Day Lewis. 

Actually YES...you are right...been a minute since I've seen the film, but he did wear a top hat like slash's in it!  

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You guys are looking at the poster wrong, it is daniel day lewis (from Gangs of New York, the film) with Slash's top hat on...not Slash with a moustache, geeze.  

Doesn't matter. Duff is Priest Vallon. Axl is Amsterdam Vallon. Slash is supposed to be Bill the Butcher. Only it's Bill with Slash's hat.

• Like 1