10/16/17 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

gunsguy

9 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

I was watching a periscope feed of the encore and as they were playing Don't Cry I knew that chances were good that The Seeker was coming up next, but I hoped against hope that they would instead play Locomotive. Unfortunately it was not in the cards...

don't hope for Locomotive, Pretty tied up, Breakdown, Dead Horse...instead you will get 78th time of Blackhole sun and about 10 covers on 30 song set list.

No matter how ridiculous Ax singing became,  but the set list is the major factour along the 3 douche bags on stage why I won't spend a time seeing them on this tour.

Seeker, Wichita, Black hole..., what is next, Take on me, Final countdown or sr some Willie Nelson shit? Maybe a rap song?

36 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

I'm all for Fortus getting his time to shine but I think he drops the ball on this arrangement of Madagascar. Remember the old versions from RIR when Robin or buckethead (I forget which) was soloing during the boring quotes part? Even Axl was jamming out on a guitar. I want Slash to be doing that. 

I 'd be fine with that

4 minutes ago, Pishy said:

I think he said we don't know when we will see you again , either way, amounts to the same thing, so...

He told the same on the last show in South America (La Plata)...”I don’t know when we’ll see you again, I hope soon..”

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Derick said:

He told the same on the last show in South America (La Plata)...”I don’t know when we’ll see you again, I hope soon..”

I would think that "I hope soon" means Axl Isn't ready to throw In the towel just yet. With all of the guys now In their 50's I would think we will probably get one more big tour before It Is officially over, hopefully with the five original members and a new album. But, I wouldn't hold my breath on the last two.

2 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

My god, they must be bored out of their minds now, playing (almost) the exact same setlist over and over. Sad.

You would honestly think so. It must really feel like a job at this point. That or It Is just so routine that they don't even think about It anymore. 

11 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

My god, they must be bored out of their minds now, playing (almost) the exact same setlist over and over. Sad.

Oh, come on, please. They are playing a three hour set with a lot of of deep cuts (Double Talkin' Jive, Coma, TWAT, Madagascar). It's not the mistake of the band you don't like it.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

It seems whenever they get "bored" they add 1 or 2 things to the set. We've seen this over the past year with Black Hole Sun, Wichita, I Feel Good, and recently Madagascar. It's probably enough to keep them into it, as they have to keep a majority of the set to please the fans.

16 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

Idk why GNR fans think it is unusual for a band to play the same set or close to it for entire and multiple tours. Yeah, sure, GNR changed it up in the 90s, but that was unusual for that era as well. 90% of bands play the same show for each tour. This is still part of the NITL tour, and there's no new music to promote. Obviously they're going to play the same set for most it. 

Slash +MKC played mostly the same set each tour. Duff with Loaded played the same songs unless there was a new album out. That's how it works for most bands. That's how it has worked for all of these guys for 25 years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stro said:

Idk why GNR fans think it is unusual for a band to play the same set or close to it for entire and multiple tours. Yeah, sure, GNR changed it up in the 90s, but that was unusual for that era as well. 90% of bands play the same show for each tour. This is still part of the NITL tour, and there's no new music to promote. Obviously they're going to play the same set for most it. 

Slash +MKC played mostly the same set each tour. Duff with Loaded played the same songs unless there was a new album out. That's how it works for most bands. That's how it has worked for all of these guys for 25 years.

Most bands do stick to a similar set list night after night and playing the hits Is a must, but they have so many great songs on the Illusion albums that are not being played. After three nights In the same venue how difficult Is It really to remove This I Love or Black Hole Sun and play Pretty Tied Up? I don't think the fans are asking to much, just one song here and there.

• Like 2