10/16/17 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

gunsguy

2 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Most bands do stick to a similar set list night after night and playing the hits Is a must, but they have so many great songs on the Illusion albums that are not being played. After three nights In the same venue how difficult Is It really to remove This I Love or Black Hole Sun and play Pretty Tied Up? I don't think the fans are asking to much, just one song here and there.

Why would anyone want that? More people want to hear This I Love than Pretty Tied Up. 

I for one would like more covers and extended jams. They should cut out all of the Illusion songs so that it can free up time to add more cock rock covers from AC/DC and Van Halen. Slash should extend the endings for November Rain and Sweet Child O' Mine with more shredding. An extra jam during Knockin on Heaven's Door would really hit the spot.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Most bands do stick to a similar set list night after night and playing the hits Is a must, but they have so many great songs on the Illusion albums that are not being played. After three nights In the same venue how difficult Is It really to remove This I Love or Black Hole Sun and play Pretty Tied Up? I don't think the fans are asking to much, just one song here and there.

Yes, usually smaller bands do, or Scorpions. Bon Jovi change up to 7 songs a night, Magpie Salute (ex Black Crowes) change entire 40 songs every night, Smashing Pumpkins also rumble up, Aerosmith change songs from concert to concert, Foo Fighters usually change songs or song order..., RHCP, U2, Green Day... I really can't think of a band that is as boring and as predictable as this ultra silly line up.

There are 2 things that come to my mind.

a) the 'baggage' are so untalented they are not capable of learning more songs.

b) Ax is to lazy to sch and he can't sing any others

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Why would anyone want that? More people want to hear This I Love than Pretty Tied Up. 

I for one would like more covers and extended jams. They should cut out all of the Illusion songs so that it can free up time to add more cock rock covers from AC/DC and Van Halen. Slash should extend the endings for November Rain and Sweet Child O' Mine with more shredding. An extra jam during Knockin on Heaven's Door would really hit the spot.

I guess we will see where It goes when the tour Is extended Into 2018. They plan to shake up the setlist by having a 3 hr show with a five song setlist and a guitar solo. The show will consist of 30 minute versions of KOHD, Estranged, NR, BHS, guitar solo and PC. Ticket prices will also be a minimum of $300 as Axl has guaranteed to rasp one line per song.  

On a side note, Axl sounded decent last night and made a serious effort. I am not sure how the show was tonight as I have yet to watch any video's, going to do that now. 

1 hour ago, ironmt said:

I would think that "I hope soon" means Axl Isn't ready to throw In the towel just yet. With all of the guys now In their 50's I would think we will probably get one more big tour before It Is officially over, hopefully with the five original members and a new album. But, I wouldn't hold my breath on the last two.

They have used the words "soon" and "hope" like a million times before. Richard, for example. He is the World Champion of hope and soon. And we end up either getting nothing. Or getting something after 10 years. So when I see those two words it means that I shouldn't hope for something to happen soon.

Just now, ironmt said:

I guess we will see where It goes when the tour Is extended Into 2018. They plan to shake up the setlist by having a 3 hr show with a five song setlist and a guitar solo. The show will consist of 30 minute versions of KOHD, Estranged, NR, BHS, guitar solo and PC. Ticket prices will also be a minimum of $300 as Axl has guaranteed to rasp one line per song.  

On a side note, Axl sounded decent last night and made a serious effort. I am not sure how the show was tonight as I have yet to watch any video's, going to do that now. 

Please don't forget to mention an 50 Minute Version of Silkworms and a 40 Minute Version of SHadow of Your Love

6 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Yes, usually smaller bands do, or Scorpions. Bon Jovi change up to 7 songs a night, Magpie Salute (ex Black Crowes) change entire 40 songs every night, Smashing Pumpkins also rumble up, Aerosmith change songs from concert to concert, Foo Fighters usually change songs or song order..., RHCP, U2, Green Day... I really can't think of a band that is as boring and as predictable as this ultra silly line up.

There are 2 things that come to my mind.

a) the 'baggage' are so untalented they are not capable of learning more songs.

b) Ax is to lazy to sch and he can't sing any others

I like the line up and am grateful to have Slash and Duff back but Slash's altering the solos and Axl's vocals have been a real let down over the last year. Last night was a pretty good show all the way around and one of the best of 2017 IMO. As far as the band being incapable of learning different songs, I don't think anyone truly believes that. Although option B Is far more likely. I would go with lazy as opposed to not being able to sing other songs. If he can pull off Coma, he can surely do Pretty Tied Up or Bad Obsession. 

6 minutes ago, Padme said:

They have used the words "soon" and "hope" like a million times before. Richard, for example. He is the World Champion of hope and soon. And we end up either getting nothing. Or getting something after 10 years. So when I see those two words it means that I shouldn't hope for something to happen soon.

I think when the words "hope and "soon are used when discussing touring, It has a little more legitimacy to It as opposed to discussing a new album. 

5 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I thought those lithos represented American presidents...

On another note - Is this the longest show yet? Longer than Prague?

Good observation because every last one, particularly the previous 2, have been monsterous, anti-human garbage who have rained death and destruction around the globe. The current one is as silly as that Slash drawing and took the murder mantle from his predecessor.

It was over 3 hrs, tonight seemed longer than last night, not sure how long the Prague show ran.

• Like 2

Nope, Slash still not feeling all the feels on TWAT and Axl still sounds bad.  They both do a much better job on Mads.  I'd like to see them drop TWAT from the setlist and replace it with something, anything from UYI.  Or Anything Goes or the dirty bluesy version of Crazy.  Why don't they do that anyway?  That version of Crazy is one of the best things they ever did.

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Even better?

Like you said in their own league. They have their own styles that are far different from Gn'R materials. Finck is fit for Gn'R for some time or era. But Gn'R in general is far better with Slash. You may have your opinions of him the way he plays CD songs, but Gn'R sounds like Gn'R with Slash.

As for Bucket. Come on, he is a fucking awesome player. With Gn'R, his CD stuff is fucking great, buuuut Gn'R in general... you need Slash.

Edited by GoForJMark
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Even better?

You want gnr to go back playing theatre or half full groupon arenas?

Bucket is a world class guitar player, while Finck has wrote less songs than pitman.

Edited by felixGNR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1