10/16/17 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

gunsguy

I seem to be in the minority, but I reckon high notes aside he sounded good, lots of rasp and wasn't out of breath and all over the place in the verses like he sometimes is. 

Edited by Caedo

Is it just me or Axl fucks up twice ?

- once by singing (Oh I would do anything for you) over Slash's beginning of the (main) solo

- and then by singing (Oh I would do anything for you)  over the last part of the solo

I cannot explain it better than this

...anyone?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Hell, What's wrong with Slash's playing on TWAT? I think it was pretty good this time.

Just to be clear, I'm not knocking Slash as a player, I don't see how any self respecting GNR fan can!  Slash is a legend; he helps define the GNR sound.

However.  CD songs obviously were not written with him in mind.  And it shows, most noticeably on TWAT.  I think he's pretty good on Better (he'd want to be after 18 months playing the damn thing). lol  I don't think he connects emotionally at all with TWAT and I wouldn't expect him to (why are you doing this Axl?  Drop the CD songs please).  His tone in the solo, especially the first half, sounds wrong to my ears - flat and bland and without intensity.  

5 hours ago, Pishy said:

Good observation because every last one, particularly the previous 2, have been monsterous, anti-human garbage who have rained death and destruction around the globe. The current one is as silly as that Slash drawing and took the murder mantle from his predecessor.

It was over 3 hrs, tonight seemed longer than last night, not sure how long the Prague show ran.

The intro started just before eight and final bows were at exactly 11:30.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tsinindy said:

You guys are looking at the poster wrong, it is daniel day lewis (from Gangs of New York, the film) with Slash's top hat on...not Slash with a moustache, geeze.  

Not looking at it wrong. That is specifically the problem.

Duff as Priest Vallon

fhd002GNY_Liam_Neeson_001.jpg

Axl as Amsterdam Vallonvi0p16lbclhlh6cl.jpg?djet1p5k

Slash as Bill the Butcher. The problem is that it's clearly Axl's and Duff's heads as those 2. This poster is just Bill the Butcher with a Slash hat, not Slash's head.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the show last night! My only complaints this time are starting on YCBM they try to bury Axl's vocals in the mix. You can't understand him or hear him clearly despite the first 6 songs having perfect sound. Then again on CW...can't understand a word he's singing. He sings it so quietly it's like he's performing for mice. 

Part of that is the vocals he's using. He should be projecting clearly but he sounds like a shy kid singing in front of his school for the first time on some songs. 

It really takes the crowd out of it when they can't hear him. 

29 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

where is the MYGNR CSI  crew ? i doubt angus went all the way to NY to sit back stage and watch GNR .

I took a look at the ACDC forum and they believe that he was in NY just for business. One of them came to the show after seeing the news about Angus but no Angus, at all.

Despite this, he or she had a good time yesterday :lol::

"Was blown away by GNR last night. They performed well over 3 hours without a break. Great show.

I was right up against the crush barriers in the pit and had a reasonable view of the family./friends seated area just slightly to the side of the stage. No sign of Angus (they did play WLR by the way). I got a spectrum also FWIW :)"

• Like 1