Should g'nr do a deep cuts tour next year?

I was thinking with this setlist getting pretty boring now after a year and half of touring the world..would it be a re-energizer for them and us the true fans to get a skin and bones tour like they did in 93 where they scaled it back and dropped the big stadium shows and extra band members and gave us deep cuts in the set list 

Will never happen, they're businessmen now, it's all about filling stadiums and catering to casual fans, selling the brand.

is it a good idea, certainly? all Deep cuts means is that the casual fan can't recognize the song and start singing along like morons to be part of some collective. They're just good songs, period. 

Songs I've wanted to hear are:

Locomotive

Dust n Bones (with the proper singer, Izzy)

Perfect Crime

Dont Damn Me

You're Crazy (lies version) 

14 Years (only with Izzy)

Breakdown

those are musts , then 

think about you or anything goes

pretty tied up

Bad Apples

Dead Horse

and they can fill in with the 1 millionth rendition of sweet child to please people that know 5-6 songs. 

Ok, not going to lie, I want to hear "look at your game girl", with Charlie on the mic but I'll take Axl. And Ain't it Fun is great, don't care what anyone says.

Edited by Pishy

4 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Will never happen, they're businessmen now, it's all about filling stadiums and catering to casual fans, selling the brand.

is it a good idea, certainly? all Deep cuts means is that the casual fan can't recognize the song and start singing along like morons to be part of some collective. They're just good songs, period. 

Songs I've wanted to hear are:

Locomotive

Dust n Bones (with the proper singer, Izzy)

Perfect Crime

Dont Damn Me

You're Crazy (lies version) 

14 Years (only with Izzy)

Breakdown

those are musts , then 

think about you or anything goes

pretty tied up

Bad Apples

Dead Horse

and they can fill in with the 1 millionth rendition of sweet child to please people that know 5-6 songs. 

Yeah great choices ..I don't expect them to drop the big hits just give us a mixed up set a revised setlist with lesser known songs to casual fans and drop the pointless covers like seeker ,black hole sun boring jams etc.

6 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

Yeah great choices ..I don't expect them to drop the big hits just give us a mixed up set a revised setlist with lesser known songs to casual fans and drop the pointless covers like seeker ,black hole sun boring jams etc.

Agree, they have a lot of room to put the rest in, we all love nightrain and my Michelle etc so that's great. The seeker I don't mind because I feel Axl puts in a lot more effort on any cover song , like a different person posseses him and he goes all out. It happens at every show , he is downtrodden then out comes "whole lotta Rosie"'and he rises from the dead, he is a happy camper during KOHD.

This is pure speculation but he may feel the covers are untainted or he is not "giving in" somehow, he is more separate and free on the covers, it's his time. The pressure is also off in some regards (not his work) but may also feel more scrutinized singing someone else's song so he must go all out. not sure but something changes, lol! Black whole sun is not working for them, needs Chris's voice.

but I hear you, if we got to choose, I much rather hear one of my prime choices than Rosie .

56 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Agree, they have a lot of room to put the rest in, we all love nightrain and my Michelle etc so that's great. The seeker I don't mind because I feel Axl puts in a lot more effort on any cover song , like a different person posseses him and he goes all out. It happens at every show , he is downtrodden then out comes "whole lotta Rosie"'and he rises from the dead, he is a happy camper during KOHD.

This is pure speculation but he may feel the covers are untainted or he is not "giving in" somehow, he is more separate and free on the covers, it's his time. The pressure is also off in some regards (not his work) but may also feel more scrutinized singing someone else's song so he must go all out. not sure but something changes, lol! Black whole sun is not working for them, needs Chris's voice.

but I hear you, if we got to choose, I much rather hear one of my prime choices than Rosie .

I just feel the seeker is dull and cheesy and black hole sounds boring as well with axl's voice...why not give the fans 2 and half hours of wall to wall g'nr songs with ok one solo for slash but that's it ,pack the set with only g'n r song's. .I think the fans would eat it up way more I know i would for sure

7 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

I just feel the seeker is dull and cheesy and black hole sounds boring as well with axl's voice...why not give the fans 2 and half hours of wall to wall g'nr songs with ok one solo for slash but that's it ,pack the set with only g'n r song's. .I think the fans would eat it up way more I know i would for sure

I agree, a lot of people are annoyed by the Seeker and the covers do interrupt the momentum , Black hole Sun got weird. Imagine if they put in Perfect Crime or Locomotive? People would go nuts.

3 minutes ago, Pishy said:

I agree, a lot of people are annoyed by the Seeker and the covers do interrupt the momentum , Black hole Sun got weird. Imagine if they put in Perfect Crime or Locomotive? People would go nuts.

They already do lald and kohd for covers enough already playing perfect crime or locomotive would be killer for starters with so fine instead of attitude for duff also lol with axl singing parts 

1 hour ago, craiggunslover said:

I was thinking with this setlist getting pretty boring now after a year and half of touring the world..would it be a re-energizer for them and us the true fans to get a skin and bones tour like they did in 93 where they scaled it back and dropped the big stadium shows and extra band members and gave us deep cuts in the set list 

gnr should reunite next morning

then write songs, record, release and perform them

like bands do

24 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

They already do lald and kohd for covers enough already playing perfect crime or locomotive would be killer for starters with so fine instead of attitude for duff also lol with axl singing parts 

Yeah, exactly, that's plenty. 

"So fine" would be a good trade , but it's funny because in another thread, someone pointed out those extra "perv sounds ", lol! But I agree , they need to mix it up, I hold my breath waiting for Perfect Crime because it's on the alternate list , I would like any new song rotated in, I like all their songs , but I don't want My World put in.

4 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

Yes in a normal universe but this is g'nr  we're talking about lol 

i see your point hahahaha my point is there is no gnr so there is no point for this nonsense guns n aliens band to play deep cuts. it would sound just as awful as the hits

13 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Yeah, exactly, that's plenty. 

"So fine" would be a good trade , but it's funny because in another thread, someone pointed out those extra "perv sounds ", lol! But I agree , they need to mix it up, I hold my breath waiting for Perfect Crime because it's on the alternate list , I would like any new song rotated in, I like all their songs , but I don't want My World put in.

Oh god never my world lol..but if they want to do more covers here's an idea do actual songs from their cover album and not just attitude or new rose try ain't it fun or hair of the dog or since I don't have you but that might be too many ballads in one set maybe lol

4 hours ago, craiggunslover said:

Only losers on the internet like us care about those. They don't sell. Just some more alternation would be nice. Springsteen is a great example of an artist balancing great hits with deep cuts. 

They've never been a deep cut sort of band like a Pearl Jam or a Neil Young. Guns like their rigid setlists and they stick to them. That is GN'R modus operandi. The closest they have gotten to doing a deep cut thing was 1991 when they were playing unreleased Illusion stuff.

Edited by DieselDaisy
Awful spelling

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

I miss the times when they used to play unrelased material. I would rather hear new songs than deep cuts

I know like on the first leg of the use your illusion tour they use to pride themselve on changing up the setlist every night. .look at them now a big stale machine :( I hope they wise up next tour

2 hours ago, username said:

Only losers on the internet like us care about those. They don't sell. Just some more alternation would be nice. Springsteen is a great example of an artist balancing great hits with deep cuts. 

Yeah but they surly most be getting bored out of they're mind playing the same order of songs every couple nights they need to remember what made them so special to so many fans in the first place it was their unpredictable shows and anything goes setlist on the 91 tour