Edmonton Soundcheck

So I'm not sure if you all have seen but on the band's snapchat story, they posted a few videos of a soundcheck the night before the show in Edmonton, and Axl is also there soundchecking, which is out of the ordinary. The thing about these videos is that there is no sound. Do you guys think that they are rehearsing new music? Or could it possibly mean something big is going to happen at Edmonton tomorrow night?

Axl at sound check is surprising I must say! He wouldn't be there just because he had nothing else to do, so something different is coming. 

What level of different? Who knows. 

he could be dusting off sonething from CD? 60% chance

something from illusions? 35% chance 

Slither? 3% chance 

A new song altogether? 2% chance! 

Personally I would love a new song, but I don't see it happening, I reckon it's a CD cut

1 minute ago, Tadsy said:

Axl at sound check is surprising I must say! He wouldn't be there just because he had nothing else to do, so something different is coming. 

What level of different? Who knows. 

he could be dusting off sonething from CD? 60% chance

something from illusions? 35% chance 

Slither? 3% chance 

A new song altogether? 2% chance! 

Personally I would love a new song, but I don't see it happening, I reckon it's a CD cut

But I’m wondering if it’s a CD song why they need to turn the sound off, when they sound checked prostitute a few months back they put out videos with the sound on, so I’m very puzzled here

4 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

But I’m wondering if it’s a CD song why they need to turn the sound off, when they sound checked prostitute a few months back they put out videos with the sound on, so I’m very puzzled here

Probably to avoid spoilers?

5 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

I'm trying to make out the lyrics on the monitor and it's very hard

I cant read shit either but you can tell a part ends with 2 words, would take ages to seek out the correct lyric though. And it could also be that that was taken during a usual soundcheck song since they probably did more than 1.

But him showing up to SC and also muted sound is good news.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

27 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Slash using Black Les Paul, that's the guitar he use on TWAT.

Does he use it for anything else?

5 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Most of them probably don't even know about the deep cuts or Chinese Democracy, lol. It's probably one of those.

Why would megan block the sound though if TWAT, and why would Axl soundcheck if it was TWAT again? Or maybe he read the forums and saw he sucks on TWAT? The plot thickens

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

19 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

If anyone can post the Slash strumming one on youtube, I can maybe workout the chords and play along and find out the song that way

Oh shit, that would be awesome, lol. I haven't even found the silent videos yet though, lol.

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Why would megan block the sound though if TWAT, and why would Axl soundcheck if it was TWAT again? Or maybe he read the forums and saw he sucks on TWAT? The plot thickens

If it's am obscure UYI or CD song which hasn't been played in a while, then it would makes sense to soundcheck it with Axl. That said, it would also make just as much sense to do so with a new song. I don't have an explanation as to why the sound is off. While i am cautiously optimistic that new music will happen, i am generally cynical about Guns N' Roses. It's for the best, as the band has let people down time and time again.

It's new music.  

I've been putting my faith in this for a few weeks now (I seem to be the only one willing to risk it) :lol:

We've had 3 soundchecks now where they've played completely different music - not rearrangements of an existing song.  One was AC/DCish, the other two were Sabbathy.  

Axl at soundcheck is a BIG fucking deal.  I mean, when was the last time he was even at a soundcheck?  Beginning of 2016?  So changes are afoot. 

I'm giving myself permission to get excited, I don't care if it all ends in tears and disappointment. lol

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle