Edmonton Soundcheck

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Even with the blurry the spaces between words is pretty clear.

The I's are tall and large... I don't see it more than once in that last line.

The space in the end of the first line is not clear because of the distortion. It looks like one word ("toldanymore") when it's two; I don't think there's a song with a big word like that.

As for the I's, the last letter looks like an I to me.

Edited by Blackstar

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Love how we are analysing a photo of blurry words on a monitor.  Nothing escapes this fanbase. :lol:  If Axl knew the full extent of the fans' investigative skills, he'd probably have a social media ban too.

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Lio said:

You should've been listening outside the venue, so you could've told us what they rehearsed :max:

Me too! I was planning on heading there in the afternoon today. Commonwealth is closed today, but was open to the public yesterday. What are the chances that GnR' stroll into commonwealth and do a rehearsal when open to the public? 

Edited by TrixAreForKids

Yeah im betting my money that it's madagascar, and most of the general public that goes to the show tonight will think it's a new song lol. Or maybe a few them will be like "oh yeah isn't this what Axl and that weird other version of GN'R played at the VMAs back in 2002?"

24 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The space in the end of the first line is not clear because of the distortion. It looks like one word ("toldanymore") when it's two; I don't think there's a song with a big word like that.

The only sort of clear part to me is the second line before the line that has two words. I think it says "my way anymore" but the last line doesn't like "No, I" or "Oh, I" at all. Even with the blur and distortion, I don't think a single letter like I could become looking like a three letter word.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

The only sort of clear part to me is the second line before the line that has two words. I think it says "my way anymore" but the last line doesn't like "No, I" or "Oh, I" at all. Even with the blur and distortion, I don't think a single letter like I could become looking like a three letter word.

To me it looks like "Ooh I,I"

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Assuming this is a screen capture of a video, things like text will get some weird distortion from camera movement and inter frame data compression. If you take a broad view, it definitely appears to match up with the Madagascar lyrics.

4 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Assuming this is a screen capture of a video, things like text will get some weird distortion from camera movement and inter frame data compression. If you take a broad view, it definitely appears to match up with the Madagascar lyrics.

The camera wasn't moving when taking this shot. It was still and the distance is from the drum rise.

Some parts of it match the Madagascar lyrics but others do not.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

the 2nd last and last line of the first verse of words looks to be "why" and "with".The strumming slash is doing wouldn't be locomotive, the strumming is to slow to be that song. If the band were doing a new song i thought they would do it at the LA show.....hometown and last show and all.

5 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

the 2nd last and last line of the first verse of words looks to be "why" and "with".The strumming slash is doing wouldn't be locomotive, the strumming is to slow to be that song. If the band were doing a new song i thought they would do it at the LA show.....hometown and last show and all.

If you mean the last word in the second last and in the last line of the first verse, the word in the second last line is too big to be "why" or "with".

bGyv9N5.png

2 minutes ago, itsprettytiedup said:

What the fuck I can't even read a single letter of that image

I think no one can actually read it, lol. All we do is compare the "images" and number of words to the lyrics.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 1

This is a pretty far shot in the dark, it could realistically just be any typical song that the OP poster's friend hasn't heard. The lyrics are too blury to jump to the conclusion it's Madagascar, no matter how awesome that wouldn't be. Plus the song won't likely be played considering that was one of the songs that was definitely against the old band.