Edmonton Soundcheck

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I think @Amir and other people are right about Madagascar.

bGyv9N5.png

madagascar.jpg.1fe659509ae1363ccc1218f2cf4bf0b9.jpg

Just some line breaks are different on the teleprompter: anymore / storm / shore / back / anymore/ I /soul / old / know

When they rehearse a new entry in the setlist or something they haven't played for a while before a show, they usually play it at the next one; so I wouldn't expect it tonight.

I think overall it matches, but there's one thing that just doesnt. In the 2nd part after the break, what matches is "Forgive them" but then the next word from the lyrics "that" is a really long word so this isn't Madagascar. Someone should check the usual soundcheck songs like Estranged, RQ maybe. And maybe even the James brown song lol

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think overall it matches, but there's one thing that just doesnt. In the 2nd part after the break, what matches is "Forgive them" but then the next word from the lyrics "that" is a really long word so this isn't Madagascar. Someone should check the usual soundcheck songs like Estranged, RQ maybe. And maybe even the James brown song lol

I agree but to me the thing that doesn't match at all is the last line from the first paragraph we can see here... Those two words don't match the "Oh, I" or "No, I".

I've checked all lyrics but its confusing.... the only thing that matches that last line from first paragraph is the "One, two" from Estranged.

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think it's like in the very first line, where the space between the last two words isn't clear because of the distortion and they look like one big word. In the line you mention the space after "that" is a bit more visible.

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

If you look closely you'll see that it says "that tear" but the space gets lost in the distortion.

Slash's guitar strumming and chords matches up with Madagascar as well! I'm 95% sure it's Madagascar :)

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I agree but to me the thing that doesn't match at all is the last line from the first paragraph we can see here... Those two words don't match the "Oh, I" or "No, I".

I've checked all lyrics but its confusing.... the only thing that matches that last line from first paragraph is the "One, two" from Estranged.

But even if these two words don't match (I think they do), the rest of the lines do match Madagascar, while neither the structure of the verses nor number and image of words match Estranged.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think it's like in the very first line, where the space between the last two words isn't clear because of the distortion and they look like one big word. In the line you mention the space after "that" is a bit more visible.

Okay you could be correct because the rest of the line even matches up until "down to my soul". My initial guess might be correct then.:lol:Sure is a song I wouldnt mind hearing

• Like 1

The majority do not want to hear Chinese Democracy material. Why would they not be rehearsing Illusion material? Is their any other massive band like Guns who actually does the opposite of what their fans are asking of them? It Is not my Intention to complain because I am more than content with the set list and with the way the shows have been going, other than Axl's voice on certain songs.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Plus the song won't likely be played considering that was one of the songs that was definitely against the old band.

So what? Do you really think they stop playing songs because the lyrics are not up to date anymore? In that case they shouldn't be playing anything at all. :lol:

8 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

Warming up. Chills. Chills. Chills.

Also hoping for Shackler's...

Thanks for posting the vid, loved watching that.  I just hope Axl's voice is up to it (if they do play it)  Shackler's is on my wish list after Riad.  I think IRS would go down well too.

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Asia said:

So what? Do you really think they stop playing songs because the lyrics are not up to date anymore? In that case they shouldn't be playing anything at all. :lol:

Yeah I agree. If they can stomach the humility to play Sorry, they can do this one too.

12 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thanks for posting the vid, loved watching that.  I just hope Axl's voice is up to it (if they do play it)  Shackler's is on my wish list after Riad.  I think IRS would go down well too.

Madagascar is the perfect song for his low/mid range voice. Really can't wait..