Need advice on Izzy solo stuff

Some of my favourites that I think other Gunners will like:

Honestly depends what kind of mood you're in. Personally I love the reggae tunes but I think I'm in the minority there. He's also got country, hard rock, instrumentals, acoustic tunes etc.

I think one of his most autobiographical songs is Concrete, but personally I prefer his reggae remix:

I'm sure there's plenty of Izzy fans who would choose different songs. We have a lot to choose from, something for every mood :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, estranged_85 said:

Hi guys! 

The few songs ive heard from Izzy's solo stuff after the GNR era are mediocre (IMO), but now i want some advice from you guys what to listen too. Maybe i have missed out on the best songs from Izzy. so give me some tips :)

Thanks!

Not in any order but this should get you started:

Like A Dog: Bomb, Chop Away, Rollin On, Hell Song, and Just Don't Know

On Down the Road: Sweet Caress

Ride On: Needles and Trance Mission (instrumental)

117 Degrees: Memphis, Grunt (instrumental), Good Enough, Up Jumped the Devil, Methanol, & Surf Roach (instrumental)

2016 Singles: To Being Alive, Walk'n Song & Call Me the Breeze

Ju Ju Hounds: Somebody Knockin', Shuffle it All, How will it Go, Time Gone By, & Train Tracks 

Edited by Kris_1989
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

117 Degrees: Memphis, Grunt (instrumental), Good Enough, Up Jumped the Devil (instrumental), Methanol, & Surf Roach (instrumental)

Ju Ju Hounds: Somebody Knockin', Shuffle it All, How will it Go, Time Gone By, & Train Tracks 

thanks! gonna paste those into a playlist and hear if it's any good :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

117 Degrees: Memphis, Grunt (instrumental), Good Enough, Up Jumped the Devil (instrumental), Methanol, & Surf Roach (instrumental)

Up Jumped the Devil is not an instrumental. Its a cover with great lyrics.

2 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Up Jumped the Devil is not an instrumental. Its a cover with great lyrics.

I know its a cover (as are a few others on that list) and not an instrumental. I was deleting and adding songs and accidentally left the instrumental part.

I love Time goes By.

That's my favorite solo song by anyone from the band (i consider chinese democracy solo axl).

That's the type of song I like.  I could listen to entire real GNR album with that type of vibe but add in the elements of Axl, Slash, Steven and Duff.  That woiuld be a great record. 

But I suspect its the opposite of what some people on this board prefer. 

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Guns should have headed in a Izzy--esque direction in 1991

I wouldn't mind a couple of Izzy songs on a album. But I don't wanna miss the Axl songs too

Edited by Sosso

Izzy is also capable to do great epic ballad too! It is different type from Axl ballad, much simpler lyrically, but imho still very fine sounding, just soothing and mesmerizing and would have been one of the highlights in UYI era if it was created then:

"Buildings in the sky" is also great deceptively simple hard rocker from Miami album but I couldn't find it as separate track on the net.

Edited by tadskis