Wichita Lineman Discussion Thread

That was really cool actually, beautiful. Axl sounds great and look at Slash beaming at the end. I wouldn't mind at all if the boys went in that kind of direction if they were to record new tunes. r'n'r rebellion is a little hard to pull off in your 50's... heartfelt acoustic numbers not so much, especially if Rose is going to sound like that on them.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Silverburst80 said:

That was really cool actually, beautiful. Axl sounds great and look at Slash beaming at the end. I wouldn't mind at all if the boys went in that kind of direction if they were to record new tunes. r'n'r rebellion is a little hard to pull off in your 50's... heartfelt acoustic numbers not so much, especially if Rose is going to sound like that on them.

Agreed. That was great. This style of song would be a much better fit for the band now. 

Amazing! Hadn't heard that tune before, so this sounded like a new GNR song to me! As much as we'd all want to hear new GNR material, or even some deep cuts played, it's hard to be negative about this. Really cool to see them play something different, especially since Axl sounds amazing on it and Slash's guitar work is just phenomenal. If you're not gonna release new GNR music, just release a cover album. Seriously the Axl/Slash combo is just way too amazing and it's a waste of everything to not release new music with this GNR lineup.