What if - 2014 Guns now

Imagine if Tommy or Bumblefoot never quitted GNR, and the 2014 line-up was the same 'till now. Would they continue the Appetite for Democracy tour? New album? Tour with even smaller venues? Leave your opinion down below!

Edited by Endless2404

31 minutes ago, Endless2404 said:

Imagine if Tommy or Bumblefoot never quitted GNR, and the 2014 line-up was the same 'till now. Would they continue the Appetite for Democracy tour? New album? Tour with even smaller venues? Leave your opinion down below!

The only circumstances under which Bumblefoot would have stayed would have been a new album, co-written by all of them, so that's the only realistic option that would have seen that incarnation of the band stay together.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Endless2404 said:

The reason we have this is because that shit wasn't working. They lasted what they did. They quit because it couldn't function anymore. So nope, we wouldn't have them playing smaller venues. They were already reduced at that point and that was all that Axl could take for humiliation.

If the label rejected an album written by Robin Finck and Buckethead, I'd imagine they'd reject one written by Ashba.  If 2014 GnR was still going I think promoters and other business entities would be hiring enforcers to break band members knees to open up spots for Slash and Duff before the brand was ruined for ever.

8 hours ago, Thood9 said:

Pit tickets would still cost $80 ;)

so what? 80 usd to see only 1 original member? please.. i d rather pay 200 if they bring back steven and izzy 

there was no reason to exist for this line up. it existed only because axl wanted to. Axl would have retired if that line up was his only option. he didnt even have self esteem in 2014. only slash and duff brought back the best of him so that he pushed himself to even sing with acdc

i hope to never see the 2014 line up again or any other line up past spaghetti incident

Vegas

Vegas

Vegas

There is your answer.

On 8/31/2017 at 0:07 PM, Graeme said:

The only circumstances under which Bumblefoot would have stayed would have been a new album, co-written by all of them, so that's the only realistic option that would have seen that incarnation of the band stay together.

A cover version of Flower of Scotland would not go amiss.

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

Did you really get him to play it or did he randomly play it?

Yeah, I asked him, fired him a YouTube link 2 days before the show and said "if you get a minute, learn this, I think people would love it".

• GNFNR 1

New album + world tour in 2016. CD remixes too, probably. With Duff on bass instead of Tommy and a new guitarist that isn't Slash (Robin Finck).

Bumble left because he wanted songwriting credits, but Axl wanted CDII first and foremost. Dj knew what was going to happen cause Pitman went to see a fashion show early 2015 with Nikki Sixx and probably told him. Though I'm not sure if Angus would have replaced Brian with Axl if it wasn't for the reunion tour.

Edited by Silent Jay

I went to a show in 2013 in my hometown of Newcastle (Australia) and there was 12 thousand people there. (Those numbers could be inflated). 

i enjoyed the show for what it was. It was my first time seeing Axl so I was buzzing. But I wasn't deluded enough to think that line up was GNR! I have been to a show on this tour, and it super seeded that 2013 show many times over thanks to slash and duff. 

The only thing that would top the reunion show for me now would be AFD 5 doing something (won't happen). 

Back on topic though, if the band from 2014 continued on, they would have been playing clubs, not arenas. Even casual fans i know were asking me, when is slash coming back? And id answer, don't hold your breath! Their reply, I'm not that into it! 

That line up was done! Axl had one play left, and releasing CD2 wasn't it! Neither was releasing anything under the GNR name that didn't have at least slash on it! I'm not even sure guns n aliens is the right move at this point! Frank is bang average! Fortus is competent! And as for the Emo??? WTF... I'm still shaking my head she's still in the band but whatevs 

all I know is, if 2014 band was still in operation, Axl's career and guns would be on life support. He should be thanking slash for being back on top of the world and his reputation being restored as good as it is! 

Edited by Tadsy
  • Like 1