How do you rank the "Slash" Solo/Snakepit Studio Albums?

papashaun

Here's the list in order of release: "It's Five O' Clock Somewhere" (1995)    "Ain't Life Grand" (2000)    "Slash" (2010)    "Apocalyptic Love" (2012)   "World on Fire" (2014)

I'll exclude the Live albums from the list for now.

It's everyone's personal preference, but personally I go with:

1. Apocalyptic Love

2. Slash

3. It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

4. World on Fire

5. Ain't Life Grand

I could easily swap 3 and 4 around, but I have a soft spot for '90s nostalgia. 

Edited by papashaun
mispelled word in topic

Love Ain't Life Grand. Will always have a sweet spot for that. Saw Slash in Sheffield in a tiny club touring that album - special times. Also thought Rod was a fantastic vocal choice for Slash's sound.

1. Ain't Life Grand

2. World on Fire

3. 5 O'Clock Somewhere

4. Apocalyptic Love

5. Slash

Imagine if axl wasnt so obsessed with his industrial album shit and just laid back a bit and slash's albums turned out to be GNR albums? 

5 oclock - simple rock/ southern rock

Aint life grand - hard rock with heavy guitars and bits and pieces of piano and experimental

Contraband - Heavy with drop D guitars almost metal like sound

Libertad - Classic rock

Slash - Classic rock/Ballads

Apocalyptic love - Classic rock/Ballads

World on fire - Hard rock

I reckon all these albums could of been wicked Guns albums with Axl ballads thrown in

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1.  It's Five O'Clock Somewhere (the original - had so much play on my shock wave player in highschool, city buses etc)

2. Slash - Probably rated too high... but when this came out i couldn't get enough of it.  I thought Promise with Cornell would have been a better tribute than Black Hole Sun ... Fergie should actually knock this down a spot or two

3.  Ain't Life Grand - Agree with ToonGuns - vocals are so strong on this album

4. Apocalyptic Love - some of the Slash's best riffs/solos are on this album.  and seeing some of these songs live is mind-blowing.  Just don't listen to album enough

5. World on Fire - but perhaps based on ratings above, I need to start to listen to World on Fire more)

• 2 months later...

1. Ain't Life Grand (my definite favorite album including any gnr-member since 1993).

2. Slash & friends

3. 5 o'clock. 

I haven't really been listening to conspirators. I've heard a few songs and they all seemed pretty boring (the intro-riff to anastasia is really cool though, it's too bad that the rest of the songs is kind of "meh"). 

• 3 months later...

1. Apocalyptic Love - It's almost a tie for me between AL and WOF.  Both have well-written hard rock songs with great hooks and of course great playing from Slash.

2. World on Fire - I can find something to like about all 17 tracks on this one, and plus, it's so well produced and sounds great

3. Ain't Life Grand - great songs on this one

4. It's Five O'Clock Somewhere - great jamming from Slash, but in my opinion, not as many strong hooks as you usually get with anything Slash is involved with

5. Slash - some great songs, but like somebody else said, the different singers make this a less cohesive effort than the other albums on my list