Why do you think oh my god was left off Chinese democracy?

craiggunslover

58 minutes ago, Endless2404 said:

I think Oh My God was good. Maybe it was left out because of "End of Days" reception. idk

I think Silkworms was supposed to be in CD II, as it is the only one that didn't recieve any type of promotion.

Yes,agreed was good

Like the song a lot. The late 90s Stinson/Pitman/Finck/Tobias/Freese material is a personal "holy grail" of mine. Would have loved to hear a no apologies, "Fuck it- I'm taking Guns industrial" album out of Axl in 1999. Kind of an Achtung Baby left-turn in his career or something. Not to be.

Anyway, I think it got left of Chinese b/c of lingering concerns about reception- and the that the album seemed to have developed into more of a "classic" sound (relatively speaking) in the 00s (e.g. Roy Thomas Baker, changing of trends/styles, etc.). Whatever the case- Axl seemed fairly ambivalent about "OMG" in the chats if I remember correctly- which is pretty much a death sentence I would imagine...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

If I had to guess, it was already released in 1999 and even at the time didn't make a huge splash in the music world?  I personally really dig the song, but I cannot see why it would be included unless it was a totally different studio take capturing the song in a different enough light to have made it worth releasing again