With the Brazil Concerts Soon, and Aerosmith/Bon Jovi/Cooper Being There...

5 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Im not from Brazil, so I dont know lol. I will go 10am or so.

I thought you had seen shows there before. Not sure yet whether I will get there that early. In Europe I got to the venue 1 - 2 hours before and always got to front or second row.

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

I bet you only know the cheesy ballads and the sing along rock anthems.

Yes and they're not very good. The only good thing I can picture about this band is Desmond Child and Richie Sambora. The rest is garbage.

Edited by Silent Jay

51 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Yes and they're not very good. The only good thing I can picture about this band is Desmond Child and Richie Sambora. The rest is garbage.

Yeah, so it's kinda ignorant saying that their songs are 'pretty awful' when you don't know most of them.

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

I thought you had seen shows there before. Not sure yet whether I will get there that early. In Europe I got to the venue 1 - 2 hours before and always got to front or second row.

Huh? No. First time in Brazil. Flight is tomorrow. Hope all will end well lol. And heres to GN'R playing Locomotive!

4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

That pic is over 40 years old. But anyway, there is nothing to "hmm" about Alice Cooper. He's great and got a kick ass band.

Sorry I was posting from mobile. Slash posted the image on Facebook, I meant to link to his post.

The 'Hmm' was in reference to Slash posting it, not the image itself. Alice fucking rules!

39 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Huh? No. First time in Brazil. Flight is tomorrow. Hope all will end well lol. And heres to GN'R playing Locomotive!

Alright. First time for me too. Flying there next saturday. Kinda excited. Wouldn't mind Locomotive, but don't really expect anything.

25 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Sorry I was posting from mobile. Slash posted the image on Facebook, I meant to link to his post.

The 'Hmm' was in reference to Slash posting it, not the image itself. Alice fucking rules!

Aha. Okay then. Would be amazing if they would do something together, but don't expect it either.

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Alright. First time for me too. Flying there next saturday. Kinda excited. Wouldn't mind Locomotive, but don't really expect anything.

Aha. Okay then. Would be amazing if they would do something together, but don't expect it either.

From where are you? Youll be alone?

@PatrickS77 @ChristmasFnatic I would tell you guys not to go too early for the line. I've been to several shows there, including festivals, and I suggest you rest as much as possible. There the pit (in the SP Trip case, there´s no Pit in RIR) is not like in Europe or US, it is much bigger, with a lot more people and, as you may have already seen through videos, there they jump during almost the whole show, especially those who stay close to the stage. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to arrive at the venue by 6 or 7p.m. And during the last show before the GNR you begin to mix with the audience always with the goal of moving towards the stage. Jump and dance with them and, little by little, move towards the stage. If you go too early, you risk getting tired or need to go out for a drink or go to the bathroom (things that happen to almost everyone who arrive too early). 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Derick said:

@PatrickS77 @ChristmasFnatic I would tell you guys not to go too early for the line. I've been to several shows there, including festivals, and I suggest you rest as much as possible. There the pit (in the SP Trip case, there´s no Pit in RIR) is not like in Europe or US, it is much bigger, with a lot more people and, as you may have already seen through videos, there they jump during almost the whole show, especially those who stay close to the stage. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to arrive at the venue by 6 or 7p.m. And during the last show before the GNR you begin to mix with the audience always with the goal of moving towards the stage. Jump and dance with them and, little by little, move towards the stage. If you go too early, you risk getting tired or need to go out for a drink or go to the bathroom (things that happen to almost everyone who arrive too early). 

Yeah. That's what I did in Imola. Got there shortly before GNR started. Jumped somewhere into 10th row during Jungle and then 3rd row during Nightrain. While others stood there since 10 in the morning.

• Like 1

On 9.9.2017 at 10:06 PM, ChristmasFnatic said:

So how is your first impression of Brasil? Are you in Rio right now? Are you going to other show days too?
I'm getting there on sunday. I'm a bit excited. Wanted to send you a PM, but that didn't work.

Thanks for the advice @Derick!

@PatrickS77 its great! Quite cold now, didnt expect it especially since I was expecting a similar weather as my country. Tropical and all.  I ran/jog at Copacobana around 7pm. Was really afraid for my phone but nothing happened and saw a lot of people. Just be careful as they say. Sooo many pretty girls. Lol. But everything seems more expensive than normal. Its really a great experience especially when you are going from a totally different culture/language. And when I tell people I dont speak Portuguese, they seem interested to talk more. Lol.

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Hey guys. Just did Amazon trip and was at Rio. Arriving Sao Paulo around 10am local time. Add me on Whatsapp? So far, Brazils been nice to me.

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Hey guys. Just did Amazon trip and was at Rio. Arriving Sao Paulo around 10am local time. Add me on Whatsapp? So far, Brazils been nice to me.

I not are brazilian,but is a beautiful country,enjoy! 👍

• Thanks 1