Excited About GNR future

Getting new cover song collaborations, Axl coming to sound-checks,  and chemistry seems amazing. I am feeling good about the train moving forward and seeing some new stuff from these guys. Seems like there is more than just touring based on the smiles on every members face. Thoughts??

I get Axl track record isn't the best but for them to be adding new stuff, even covers shows there are interacting and sharing some ideas. Trust me I have been kicked in teeth by GNR over the years like mist doe hards  but feel like there is more left in the tank and it doesn't feel like as much of a cash grab as it did 6-8 months ago....cheers

15 minutes ago, Birdawg23 said:

I get Axl track record isn't the best but for them to be adding new stuff, even covers shows there are interacting and sharing some ideas. Trust me I have been kicked in teeth by GNR over the years like mist doe hards  but feel like there is more left in the tank and it doesn't feel like as much of a cash grab as it did 6-8 months ago....cheers

What GOD hear you ☺

I don't believe there is a future for this band beyond touring. I really don't. I think when this all runs it's course Axl will run off to AC/DC and actually do an album with Angus, they'll tour that and when that has also run it's course he'll reunite with Slash and Duff and tour with GnR again. I don't believe there will ever be another GnR record. I hope to be proven wrong but that's what my gut tells me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bono said:

I don't believe there is a future for this band beyond touring. 

I don't see any life for this band after the NITL tour finishes up. I see Guns concluding at the end of 2017, but without officially confirming it kind of like how no one knew what was happening after the UYI tour finished up.

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don't see any life for this band after the NITL tour finishes up. I see Guns concluding at the end of 2017, but without officially confirming it kind of like how no one knew what was happening after the UYI tour finished up.

That would not surprise me at all either. 

Slash and Duff hopefully only signed a touring contract that runs out soon, so everyone in this lineup can go their seperate ways once this tour is over. Because this would then make room for what should have been done in the first place, a proper GNR reunion. Sort out the Izzy issues and get all in a room together and just WRITE. Get Mike Clink or Mutt Lange to supervise the project. Test the waters with a one off show first perhaps. Axl can release his leftover Ashba/Bumblefoot songs as a solo release and have maybe Slash and Duff guest and help him out on it a bit. Do a proper tour with just the classic guys, and maybe Dizzy.

That would be my perfect scenario of what should happen. What's gonna happen? I think even the band is living day by day show to show and doesn't know. Hopefully they do the right thing

The clock is ticking, thinking about what can happen while this lineup fucks around and endlessly tours makes me shudder, like Izzy or Steven suddenly passing away before a proper reunion happens, would make me extremely mad at the guys for choosing their pockets instead, and would be a real kick in the teeth.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

11 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Slash and Duff hopefully only signed a touring contract that runs out soon, so everyone in this lineup can go their seperate ways once this tour is over. Because this would then make room for what should have been done in the first place, a proper GNR reunion. Sort out the Izzy issues and get all in a room together and just WRITE. Get Mike Clink or Mutt Lange to supervise the project. Test the waters with a one off show first perhaps. Axl can release his leftover Ashba/Bumblefoot songs as a solo release and have maybe Slash and Duff guest and help him out on it a bit. Do a proper tour with just the classic guys, and maybe Dizzy.

That would be my perfect scenario of what should happen. What's gonna happen? I think even the band is living day by day show to show and doesn't know. Hopefully they do the right thing

The clock is ticking, thinking about what can happen while this lineup fucks around and endlessly tours makes me shudder, like Izzy or Steven suddenly passing away before a proper reunion happens, would make me extremely mad at the guys for choosing their pockets instead, and would be a real kick in the teeth.

Not Mutt Lange. Maybe Bob Rock but NOT Mutt Lange. We don't need GnR sounding like a hybrid between Def Leppard and Nickelback. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bono said:

Not Mutt Lange. Maybe Bob Rock but NOT Mutt Lange. We don't need GnR sounding like a hybrid between Def Leppard and Nickelback. 

I totally forgot about Bob Rock. But what Mutt did with the sound quality on Dark Horse is the most fucking incredible perfection of a massive rock sound I've ever heard, the downside was he did it with Nickelback, but that can be solved obviously. When a song from that album is blasting in my car it's just a night and day difference compared to other modern rock songs. That kind of bombastic sound would be perfect for a modern GNR album and especially for Axls big ballads IMHO. He is as much a perfectionist as Axl and I think they would make a good team. But talking about this just makes me sad because until this topic becomes relevant a lot has to happen, lol.

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Talking about Nickelback makes me fucking sad lol...and your profile pic is Myles Kennedy too...oh my lord. Ya'll need Jesus, motherfricker. :facepalm::lol:

And my nick is from Richie Samboras 1991 solo album, who happened to be Bon Jovis guitarist. I'll hold your hand before you get a heart attack:wub:

Ya'll need to check out some more Alter Bridge! And my point was more of the production job Mutt Lang is capable of than the band, it doesn't really matter what band it was when just judging the sonic quality of what he produced. And it's just..let's just say the guy hasn't got worse from producing Highway To Hell and BIB.

2 hours ago, Bono said:

you get axl, izzy, slash, duff and steven in a room and you have all your problems solved. get any person on this planet to produce them and it still will rock

19 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

And my nick is from Richie Samboras 1991 solo album, who happened to be Bon Jovis guitarist. I'll hold your hand before you get a heart attack:wub:

Ya'll need to check out some more Alter Bridge! And my point was more of the production job Mutt Lang is capable of than the band, it doesn't really matter what band it was when just judging the sonic quality of what he produced. And it's just..let's just say the guy hasn't got worse from producing Highway To Hell and BIB.

I bloody love Bon Jovi, won't hear a bad word said about him. :lol: One of my life's regrets is never seeing them live.  

Can't agree with you on Myles though...sorry...he's probably a nice guy and a decent muso but he does nothing for Slash creatively, doesn't challenge him. 

I also think GNR is coasting from show to show, probably just enjoying the ride and not really knowing what they're doing.  Not in the long term.  I find it very difficult to believe Axl or anyone has anything mapped out.  They've all got too many other things going on besides GNR and they'd all be wanting to 'line their ducks up' as the saying goes before making any decisions.  

That said, I'd hope that at this stage of their lives and with how successful the tour has been (which must have surprised everyone), they might appreciate what Guns once was and even if they can't get back what was lost, they might try to forge ahead and make the most of the here and now = put out a new album of original material.  No more covers!

It's gonna happen.  I still believe. :awesomeface:

14 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I bloody love Bon Jovi, won't hear a bad word said about him. :lol: One of my life's regrets is never seeing them live.  

Can't agree with you on Myles though...sorry...he's probably a nice guy and a decent muso but he does nothing for Slash creatively, doesn't challenge him. 

I also think GNR is coasting from show to show, probably just enjoying the ride and not really knowing what they're doing.  Not in the long term.  I find it very difficult to believe Axl or anyone has anything mapped out.  They've all got too many other things going on besides GNR and they'd all be wanting to 'line their ducks up' as the saying goes before making any decisions.  

That said, I'd hope that at this stage of their lives and with how successful the tour has been (which must have surprised everyone), they might appreciate what Guns once was and even if they can't get back what was lost, they might try to forge ahead and make the most of the here and now = put out a new album of original material.  No more covers!

It's gonna happen.  I still believe. :awesomeface:

I'd bet money the next GNR album will have atleast 1 cover on it. But also, I hope they do not make the most of what they just did because that means an album with Fartus Melissa and Frank. This line up was good for what it was a reliable workhorse to deliver the GNR classics to the masses. But write with it? Fuck no please..all go their seperate ways, Slash does his album cycle with Myles and Axl does an album with Angus, and then reconvene with Izzy and Steven (or even Matt I dont care but we know Izzy was not a fan of his drumming and said it changed the band completely, just not Frank plz). Write an album with all guys in the same room and have a good producer. That's my take on what they should do

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

I don't have problems with various line-up changes. Most of my favourite bands had that in their history (ZZ Top excluded).

Yeah I personally don't see why there's a bunch of bitching on this forum about it. Guns is kind of a different story, but the Stones, Motörhead, Megadeth, etc all had lineup changes and most of their fans have been fine with it.

The only right thing to do after this tour is a new GNR album with new music and bringing this once amazing band, the greatest achievement of their lives,  back to life for real. That's their only and last chance to do this, there has not yet been a better one and there will not be. If they fuck it up, than they are more of fucking pathethic idiots than I've ever thought they were. Which, unfortunately, seems very likely...

5 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Yeah I personally don't see why there's a bunch of bitching on this forum about it. Guns is kind of a different story, but the Stones, Motörhead, Megadeth, etc all had lineup changes and most of their fans have been fine with it.

I think the issue people have is that most bands don't replace the entire band with the exception of the lead singer (and non-critical keyboard player).  Had the lineup gone from Axl,Slash, Duff, Gilby, Dizzy and Matt to Axl, Slash, Duff, Paul, Dizzy and Brain for an album in the mid 90's it probably wouldn't have been a big deal.

The problem people have is that they basically disbanded and then the "reunion" only brought 2 members back to essentially join Axl's backing band.

Actually the problem with the GNR lineup changes is that since Izzy left they havent released any new music. Say what you want but after 20 years in the making Chinese Democracy is a solo album. Had they released it in the 90s it would probably be different, when Axl was still relevant enough, but by the time it got out it was just not. It was just a weird thing nobody cared about anymore out of curiosity being released by granpa joe.