"By the time we got to the chorus, Izzy was just flying out of the sofa like a Nasa rocket pumping his fist in the air" = NEW ALAN NIVEN AUG/SEP 2017 INTERVIEW On the 30 years of Appetite

2 hours ago, Izzymacbeth said:

I also think Izzy would have been fine with Tracy and Roberta et al. You guys may not know this but the backing singers (The famous Waters family) on the Illusion II version of Knockin On Heavens Door are also featured on Ju Ju Hounds' Come On Now Inside. 

Also with regards to Dizzy Reed, I think Izzy was fine. Having keyboards is VERY rock n roll. Again on Izzys records he has Nicky Hopkins from The Stones and Ian McLagan from The Faces all over his stuff. Keys aren't very metal or punk so Slash and Duff were much less comfortable. Izzy on the other hand used keyboards and female choir vocals a lot and even had guest mandolin players during Ju Ju Hounds tour. Very, very Rolling Stones. 

I think you're the first one to understands rock n roll and some of Izzy's taste for it around here, I'm glad.

Some people here like to play like they fuckin know everything, even bandmembers opinions but forget to look at the very basics. They want to show they're wild and that they're into OHH PUNK ATTITUDE NO FUCKS GIVEN, but they usually forgot what rock n roll is about.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1