Better Full Band Cover

Some nice bits in this! Overall it feels like it could be tighter, but the guitar playing is nice and the vocalist seems like he can pitch the more challenging stuff. Not sure whats going on wirh rhe drums but they sound a bit off to me. What is Bandhub? I have never heard of it. The chords for this song look interesting as well 

4 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Some nice bits in this! Overall it feels like it could be tighter, but the guitar playing is nice and the vocalist seems like he can pitch the more challenging stuff. Not sure whats going on wirh rhe drums but they sound a bit off to me. What is Bandhub? I have never heard of it. The chords for this song look interesting as well 

Thanks as for my part, I did my parts around 8 months ago. I am now way less sloppy than before. Bandhub is a place where people use their webcam and any microphone to record a track to record a song. Could be an original song or a cover. You pick a backing track from youtube and either invite people to your "collab" or let them find it. For the backing track I used an instrumental version of the 2006 demo of Better, which had Brain on drums and punchier mix. So the guy on drums for this cover first heard Brain's drums and not Frank's overdubs. Maybe thats why they sound off to you? Cause he put his own style over Brain's somewhat swingier drums.

Also he overdubbed some drums to replicate the electronic drums that go on during the verses

As for the guitar, on my part, i did that take 8 months ago when I barely started playing. I am much less sloppier now lol. I just have to do it over, especially the 3/4 part. My part was way sloppy, and the bassist didnt quite get it correct.

And the verse chords were super important to me, as I think they are integral to the riff. Thats what i always liked about Robin Finck was his dissonant chord thing he always had going on. I was always disappointed when Bumblefoot played regular powerchords, and Ashba played a different set of chords, with only Fortus playing it the correct way, but his guitar was always too low that you couldn't hear it anyway. Thankfully Slash plays it the correct way.

And its super dead here in the "musician" section :(. I remember before there was always someone sharing an EP that they did. 

Edited by Mendez

9 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

I think it is the overdub of the electronic drums, the high hat specifically, probably just needs compressing to fuck so all the dynamics die. I thought your part was good, the chords are interesting as well, is it drop D tuning?

Its in Drop C# tuning