Mark Evans and Simon Wright

Sosso

Can you imagine Mark and Simon as the rhythm section for a new AC/DC album + tour? 

I think that it could work. Mark has recorded some of my favourite albums from the Bon era (Dirty Deeds, LTBR) and Simon has recorded some of my favourite albums from the Brian era (Who Made Who, Blow Up Your Video).

Edited by Sosso

I'd welcome Mark back, and I think it would be a good PR move - it would give this lineup a bit more legitimacy in the eyes of the "purist" fans. 

As for Simon...Chris is my favorite AC/DC drummer, and I'm convinced after seeing his playing on the ROB tour, he's the man for the job. If he ever decided he didn't want it anymore, then by all means I'd welcome Simon back. 

3 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

As for Simon...Chris is my favorite AC/DC drummer, and I'm convinced after seeing his playing on the ROB tour, he's the man for the job. If he ever decided he didn't want it anymore, then by all means I'd welcome Simon back. 

I love both drummers. The best case would be that Chris stays for another album + tour and he could be replaced by Simon after that. 

Simon is even younger than Angus. That means that the age wouldn't be a problem for him

17 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I'd welcome Mark back, and I think it would be a good PR move - it would give this lineup a bit more legitimacy in the eyes of the "purist" fans. 

Exactly. He has this typical AC/DC sound which is really, really hard to replicate. I can't really imagine anyone else for the job. Maybe Tony Franklin.

Edited by Sosso

I think it makes more sense to keep Chris Slade for the time being, but Id also be fine with Simon Wright if the circumstances made sense for him to be there. 

i suppose bringing Mark back on bass after all these years would be kinda cool, as long as he's willing to learn all the songs, and angus is cool with him being there. Does anyone know what their relationship is like? I have to ask cause I don't really follow Acdc much.

22 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

i suppose bringing Mark back on bass after all these years would be kinda cool, as long as he's willing to learn all the songs, and angus is cool with him being there. Does anyone know what their relationship is like? I have to ask cause I don't really follow Acdc much.

Not very good. They even excluded him from the HOF ceremony. But times have changed and I think both, Angus and Mark, have to put their egos away and figure some issues out.

Edited by Sosso

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Not very good. They even excluded him from the HOF ceremony. But times have changed and I think both, Angus and Mark, have to put their egos away and figure some issues out.

To be fair, did Mark and Dave Evans really do much to warrant them being inducting into the HOF?

Again, I don't really follow acdc much, but I didn't think those two had much of a significant impact on the band's history anyway.

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

To be fair, did Mark and Dave Evans really do much to warrant them being inducting into the HOF?

Again, I don't really follow acdc much, but I didn't think those two had much of a significant impact on the band's history anyway.

I agree about Dave. One released single clearly isn't enough for a HOF introduction. But Mark was part of the first classic AC/DC line-up and he has recorded some of their most iconic albums.

Edited by Sosso
  • GNFNR 1

13 hours ago, Sosso said:

I agree about Dave. One released single clearly isn't enough for a HOF introduction. But Mark was part of the first classic AC/DC line-up and he has recorded some of their most iconic albums.

Ohhh I didn't know that! I always assumed he left around the same time as Dave.

EDIT: I just looked up Mark's contributions...yeah he should definitely be in the HOF. What the hell?

i also see that dave and mark were never actually in the band at the same time as one another, as far as I can tell. Not sure what made me think that earlier.

Edited by rocknroll41

9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

i also see that dave and mark were never actually in the band at the same time as one another, as far as I can tell. Not sure what made me think that earlier.

I think that you might have confused him with other members like Larry Van Kriedt, Rob Bailey and Paul Matters.

2 hours ago, wasteofammo said:

Axl/DC is better than GNR live. 

Nuguns is close second. 

AC/DC is one of the very best live acts since the early 70's. The NITL line-up exisits since 1 1/2 years. Not a very good comparisation.

Edited by Sosso

3 hours ago, wasteofammo said:

Axl/DC is better than GNR live. 

Nuguns is close second. 

Nah I didn't think so. Axl sounds better in AC/DC but GnR right now is the better live show.  AXL/DC in 2016 was better than AC/DC though in 2016. Axl made the difference there.  I lucked out in 2016 and got to see AC/DC, GnR and AXL/DC