09/23/17 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Rock In Rio Festival

gunsguy

Look through my posting history and you will find very little being critical of Axl. Honestly, I haven't even cared enough to post on D&N on a regular basis in the last ~7 years or so. The shows I saw last year were great. I had incredible amounts of fun at the two I went to.

But my god, why on earth does he sounds this bad on every fucking live stream ever? It's uncanny. Come on dude.

Edited by Mansin Humanity

1 minute ago, GNRfanJen said:

I noticed that, too. And a few weeks ago at the Buffalo, NY show, I saw a clip where Axl talked about how Slash actually went in the studio and wanted to make sure that Axl got the god dammit part down to pat. Sigh :/

Maybe they had a fight and Axl's half-assing it now on purpose to spite him?

1 minute ago, GNRfanJen said:

I noticed that, too. And a few weeks ago at the Buffalo, NY show, I saw a clip where Axl talked about how Slash actually went in the studio and wanted to make sure that Axl got the god dammit part down to pat. Sigh :/

Axl got off on that part. He went straight to his mic to communicate with his sound guy. He looked like he was focused on something else

Just tuned in for Yesterday's and half of Coma

What the fuck

Not good. He was much better at Apollo (that was the last show I checked out). I have pretty much stopped following NITL because my shows were all last year and I also know the set hasn't changed (whatever, its the same tour). I  know his voice deteriorated this year, but thought the Apollo show was at least passable. From the song and a half I heard, it is pretty jarring. 

Very disappointing, Axl killed it with AC/DC and for the 2016 GNR shows imo. I am betting he is complacent here, which is no excuse for people paying to a current GNR show. Especially one being live streamed in HD. Its our first reunion proshow show. If there is no DVD/Blueray from the 2016 USA run, it will be yet another massive disappointment and missed opportunity. 

I only heard a song and a half so I hope the rest is better, but jesus, not good so far