09/23/17 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Rock In Rio Festival

gunsguy

52 minutes ago, AFGnR said:

Please share audience recordings as they are much more enjoyable. Axl's voice just doesn't translate to pro shot very well.

No, because remember what people said about the other shows, "phone/youtube audio recordings don't do him justice", so now don't tell me that a profesionally shot show doesn't make him justice. If he sounds like shit right now, he sounds like shit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, D.. said:

I'm still hoping Axl will train harder than ever before and make a great come back in the years to come. Seeing Tyler being 69 years old, it gives me hope that a 15 years younger Axl can still surprise us anytime soon.

i have no idea about what tyler does or does not but you look at him and you can tell -- by the way he talks, moves etc -- that he is SHARP

you look at axl, you look at how he moves and talks these days, and I am not sure you can say the same

not sure what has happened with axl, people say too much meds, maybe too much booze, but whatever it is he does not look sharp AT ALL

i know very well that i am saying all that with zero information -- thats all by looking at videos from a thousand miles away

what i mean is i would love to share your hope, but at this point i have no hope whatsoever that axl will be sharp again anytime soon

and i have no hope whatsoever that GNR will ever exist again cause it looks like axl truly enjoys this bullshit guns n aliens circus he created for himself

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

No, because remember what people said about the other shows, "phone/youtube audio recordings don't do him justice", so now don't tell me that a profesionally shot show doesn't make him justice. If he sounds like shit right now, he sounds like shit.

maybe axl could hire bumblebucket to play a stone crusher so maybe axl voice will "translate well" if he plays with a stone crusher by his side

:rofl-lol:

7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I just watched a couple of songs on youtube.
If this is the new standard they can not charge that much money for this, it's criminal.
You could be mine made me laugh out loud, it's sooo bad.
I don't want to know what Slash is thinking at this point.

"how is that we can get away with this"

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

maybe axl could hire bumblebucket to play a stone crusher so maybe axl voice will "translate well" if he plays with a stone crusher by his side

:rofl-lol:

"We are having some technical difficulties with the stage and we have to fix them...ON THE STONE CRUSHER...MR RON BUMBLEFOOT THAL" (pink panther theme starts playing from a tape)

Edited by fanfzero
  • Like 1

I saw someone say "Axl gets away with this..." 

What exactly is he getting away with? He got DESTROYED on Twitter and in reviews. On top of that, the people rooting the most for him (us) are really really disappointed. 

So how is he getting away with anything? 

3 hours ago, nonok said:

I'd say I expect an open letter apology penned by Axl soon, but even on the off chance it did happen, it would probably be something like:

'Blah blah technical difficulties blah blah thank you for your continued support blah blah this reunion would not have been possible without you blah blah the band has never felt better...'   and other PR shit like that.

Hahaha, you nuts? Never say never, but it'll NEVER happen.

I was one who used to ignore or stick up for Axl when a show like this would happen . I can't on this one . Axl needs a break . And get on a better diet . As do I , but I'm not singing and moving around for an audience. As I mentioned recently, I have seen Guns around North America around 15 times . Spent a lot of money for plane tickets , hotels , and food . Last month they were in San Antonio , a short drive away . The closest they have been to me . And based on Axl sounding the way he does , I made no effort to go .  Here is hoping for a break and a new album . 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

What exactly is he getting away with? He got DESTROYED on Twitter and in reviews. On top of that, the people rooting the most for him (us) are really really disappointed. 

if he actually had been "DESTROYED" than there would be lines of people demanding refunds for the upcoming NA shows

there would be a "North America Refunds available" message on http://www.gunsnroses.com/

i dont think he was "destroyed" at all

he is in very much one piece

and he will keep on going with this nonsense "lets speed all the songs" tour along with slash and duff

and people will keep on paying for it

so id say he got away, yeah

Axl had something to prove after sinking NuGNR to the ground throughout 2011-2014. People viewed him as a joke, if people even knew he was still around at all. For 2016, he had to prove himself as the reunion tour was in NA, which he hadn't toured extensively during the NuGuns years and he had AC/DC. Now he's comfortable again and doesn't have to try to condition his voice. He made the comeback and now he's resting.

11 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Who else in the band sings? Duff has a distinctive voice that doesn't always work as a harmony, but Dizzy, Fortus, Frank can they not be utilised better to give some power behind Axl, especially when his using the 'clean' vocal.

The answer my friend is Mr. IZZY STRADLIN'

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

12 minutes ago, RONIN said:

The answer my friend is Mr. IZZY STRADLIN'

It was great to see him back on stage with GN'R in 2006 and 2012. I wish that something simliar would happen these days.

Edited by Sosso
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

It was the fact that people need to vent after GNR plays a bad show, I commented on. It's just a concert, and besides, shouldn't we be accustomed to shit now? 

I agree, it's just a concert. The venting is also just venting. No big deal. Shouldn't we be accustomed to frustrated users and negative opinions by now? Would you prefer people to not express themselves here after a big live broadcasted event like Rock in Rio? Keep in mind all these people are fine in their personal lives. They are just using a GNR message board to express what they are feeling about GNR. Don't think censoring people is the way to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

But does Axl even read reviews or any social media? Doesn't TB shield him from negative stuff? Has he ever acknowledged a bad review in the last 20 years? He does get away with it because he still gets paid. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

None of that stops him making money. None of that forces him to do something different with his carreer. None of that will convince him to release new music.

Most of the fans will keep buying tickets, merch and paying for the fanclub. And for every bad comment he reads, there's some yesman ready to tell him he's still the King.

Axl is probably sitting proud of his performance right now. Social Media comments will never reach him, sad fans are considered the enemy in GNR camp.

As long as there's people buying tickets, Axl will keep getting away with his pathetic performances.

Just now, maynard said:

None of that stops him making money. None of that forces him to do something different with his carreer. None of that will convince him to release new music.

Most of the fans will keep buying tickets, merch and paying for the fanclub. And for every bad comment he reads, there's some yesman ready to tell him he's still the King.

Axl is probably sitting proud of his performance right now. Social Media comments will never reach him, sad fans are considered the enemy in GNR camp.

As long as there's people buying tickets, Axl will keep getting away with his pathetic performances.

Ok, now that argument I hear. I've been saying for at least 10 years that GN'R fans need to vote with their wallets.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I love how as soon as his name is mentioned by Axl, someone says "UPGRADE"  :lol:

I actually thought that Izzy would be a really cool addition to the 2006 line-up back in the day. But that era kinda faded away to nowhere (like every other GN'R era) and we got the DJ Ashba years.

Edited by Sosso