09/26/17 -Sao Paulo, BR - Allianz Parque

gunsguy

1 hour ago, Ak1nney said:

I almost sold my tickets to Kentucky last night. Has Axl improved and is there some hope left for solid US shows? Honest question, not trying to be a troll. I saw them in Cincy last year and it was a great show. I didn't want to risk seeing a bad one...

Don't risk.... Sell it

:facepalm:

• Haha 2

Hey people, I was at the show, but I'm at the hotel now. The concert was better than the Rock in Rio's one. Axl's voice was a lot better and he was visibly happy and excited about the concert and he was having fun too. It didn't seem to be the same singer from Rock in Rio's show. His voice was at the 2016 level. The only problem for me was the number of covers they did, they should play their own songs or new songs instead of songs from other artists.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Just watched a clip of Jungle and Axl sounded awesome to me. It's like he decided to suck on purpose at Rock in Rio so if we want a good pro shot we'll have to buy a dvd/blu ray when/if they release it :lol:

that's it! that's the reason :-D

• Haha 1

After a 03:30 hour gig I couldnt get back home as there were no trains anymore but it was fuckin worth it...

Whole band was really nice last night except for stuff like Yesterdays and Axl on YCBM, Coma was way better than RIN, I Feel Good was fantastic...

Band seemed to gel, dont know what happened in Rio but here in São Paulo they were interacting, Axl told jokes at the end and smiled a lot and  Slash plantou bananeira (dont know whats the english word for this but he walked on his hands :lol:). 

Overall I tought it was a better concert than last years, even if Axl wasnt so consistent, band seemed to gel and be a little happier. 

Havent had the time to read the whole thread yet, but will as soon as I can.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. Defnitely a great show. And Yay. Finally I got a guitar pick after 9 shows on this  tour. Duff threw it and it flew right over our heads. I didn't see where it landed, but saw that no one caught it. Turned around, looked on the floor, not really expecting to find it and there it was. On the cable canal I was standing all evening, 1,5 m behind me. I dove down on all fours like an idiot. People were looking funny, when I got up. 😁  But nothing comes without a price. While I dove down, I must have lost my Sao Paulo Trip cup I bought before the show and had in my leg pocket. Stupid me was already at the Metro station, when I noticed it's missing. So if anyone has a spare and would be willing to sell it?

Oh sorry! For lost you cup😕and lucky for the pick ☺

34 minutes ago, default_ said:

After a 03:30 hour gig I couldnt get back home as there were no trains anymore but it was fuckin worth it...

Whole band was really nice last night except for stuff like Yesterdays and Axl on YCBM, Coma was way better than RIN, I Feel Good was fantastic...

Band seemed to gel, dont know what happened in Rio but here in São Paulo they were interacting, Axl told jokes at the end and smiled a lot and  Slash plantou bananeira (dont know whats the english word for this but he walked on his hands :lol:). 

Overall I tought it was a better concert than last years, even if Axl wasnt so consistent, band seemed to gel and be a little happier. 

Not sure, but think what is " handstand" ,😆😆happy  you enjoy!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Thanks for sharing, glad you enjoyed it and I'm happy the show was better than RIR! Just one more thing: I'll declare 'Plantar bananeira' as one of the most awesome portuguese expressions ever. I used to think that our pt-pt 'Fazer o pino' was good, but 'Plantar bananeira' is just amazing :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Just watched a clip of Jungle and Axl sounded awesome to me. It's like he decided to suck on purpose at Rock in Rio so if we want a good pro shot we'll have to buy a dvd/blu ray when/if they release it :lol:

With Axl, I can see this as being true specially after the amazing concert I whitnessed yesterday. :lol:

Something I noticed last night: He was saying the weird fat Elvis "Thank You" after the songs he knew he sucked. Maybe thats the reason he said that after most of the songs in RiR. :lol:

I think the vocals sounded worse at Rio because it was pro shot, and the sound is mixed and recorded from isolated mixing board sends where all of the nuances are captured, rather than an audience recording a mixed blend coming from the PA mains...which is much more forgiving. Then throw in a worse than normal performance, and there you have it...

Edited by BlackHoleGravity

1 hour ago, BlackHoleGravity said:

I think the vocals sounded worse at Rio because it was pro shot, and the sound is mixed and recorded from isolated mixing board sends where all of the nuances are captured, rather than an audience recording a mixed blend coming from the PA mains...which is much more forgiving. Then throw in a worse than normal performance, and there you have it...

Might be the reason they've blocked live streams in the past. Can't mask the way they sound.

So now the question is are we getting 100% authenticity at all the shows or are the flaws being masked and to what extent?

i guess I wouldn't hold it against them if they were because Axl just isn't capable anymore

but how do you explain his greatness in AC/DC? Didn't they participate in a live stream?

Bottomline is Axl just isn't going to give guns his all. He did in the beginning because he had something to prove. Now he's either bored, lazy, trying to prolong his career or all of the above