Rock in Rio live stream?

17 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yo. Any mygnrforum folks interested in having a group Skype call the night of the Rock in Rio stream to bask in the hype together? Also, a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tournament before the show starts for those of us who have that game and Nintendo Switches.

Could be fun. Could be funny...Could be awkward. :lol:

If I had mario kart 8 or a switch, I'd be down. But alas... I don't. :cry:That's probably for everyone's own good though. I wouldn't want you all crying before the show because I won the tournament. :D:hahafyou:

giphy.gif

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

That was awful! And then they made you wait like all night to hear it live. And then only 2 songs. :facepalm: 

They had 20 minutes of GnR in schedule for days (or at least one) for sure. I know for a fact that I didn't want to wait for it all night cause I knew it's not full :D 

6 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yo. Any mygnrforum folks interested in having a group Skype call the night of the Rock in Rio stream to bask in the hype together? Also, a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tournament before the show starts for those of us who have that game and Nintendo Switches.

That sounds like fun! I would do that. 

6 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

lmfao at that gif. Also at the notion you'd defeat me! :lol:

Let me know if you want to join the group Skype chat. Assuming it happens lol probably nobody will want to. :(

I don't have a switch but I'd jump in on the Skype. 

PS- I'd destroy you all at Mario Kart. That shit was my jam when I was a kid

• Haha 1

Axl needs to take these two weeks and relearn to sing with rasp on 

ESTRANGED

RQ

YCBM

TIL

COMA

YESTERDAYS

SCOM

NR

UTLH 

MY MICHELLE 

PC

then tighten up some things on

Better

LALD

end of Don't Cry 

some parts of CW

i think if he can work on these things, get the vocals strong on these songs then we could have a great pro shot! Haha 

And not to say I'm telling Axl anything he doesn't already know. He knows exactly how he sounds on those songs but that's just the way he likes to sing it. The only thing I can imagine is he has trouble hearing in himself when he sings with chest voice or rasp versus the quiet clean sound of his weaker falsetto or whatever which might come through a lot clearer to him. 

However the fact that he's out of tune, off key and just plain missing notes all together on that clean voice makes that argument invalid. I think he's losing his ability to use that clean voice. The rasp/chest voice/low vocals are very much intact 

3 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

2 weeks break. Good or bad for Axl?

Imo they should do a small gig a couple of days before Rio...

Definitely good!  :thumbsup:All singers benefit from an extended break especially after a heavy schedule like the current tour.  Hopefully he looks after himself and gets plenty of rest, drinks plenty of water as Duff swears by, apparently.  No to small gig beforehand, that'd be bad.  He'll probably do a 2 or 1 hour vocal exercise beforehand.  

Remember Cameron Crow sharing story about the roadie who was sent from Rio to London and back to get the raincoat and that the roadie community now uses the verb "Yellow Jacketed?"  With Axl under pressure to redeem himself, I hope we get another fun, epic roadie mission.  Through The Never level adventures :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I only now notice the chat is gone. Too bad, that was fun for when there were big live events :(

• Like 1