Rock in Rio live stream?

Rio 2011 November Rain has to be single handily the worst ever GNR performance ever! Just got to that bit and forgot how shocked I was watching this live

after seeing him kick ass only 10 months before with full rasp :o

BTW the weather is scheduled to be 30 and nice and dry...so no yellow coat excuses :P
Just hope for a good mix with the vocal sitting nice, loud and proud but the guitar balancing it

nicely !!

Edited by colonizedmind

Axl has been sounding bad for a while now and I expect him to be even worse in a live stream. Axl is lucky he has Slash by his side again so he'll get some of the attention too. When he toured with his hired nobodies, all attention went to him.

Edited by maynard

2 minutes ago, maynard said:

Axl has been sounding bad for a while now and I expect him to be even worse in a live stream. He's lucky he has Slash by his side again so he'll get some of the attention too. When he toured with his hired nobodies, all attention went to Axl.

I'm not even sure Slash can save him if he has an 'off night', and he's had a lot of off nights this year. Hopefully the mix is a bit better than the Apollo show, because that's basically the quality of performance I'm expecting....

37 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm not even sure Slash can save him if he has an 'off night', and he's had a lot of off nights this year. Hopefully the mix is a bit better than the Apollo show, because that's basically the quality of performance I'm expecting....

That would be a miracle, expect bad sound from rock in rio

11 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

That would be a miracle, expect bad sound from rock in rio

I'm expecting bad sound, but I'm not even sure if I'll watch it live. How many channels will play it, just globo or whatever it's called, or is there more? I know there's at least one other version of the Rio 2001 show that has better quality, so there's hope I guess...

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Sure, Slash won't save Axl's ass. But at least they will share the spotlight. That didn't happen with Axl's solo band. Attention went 100% to Axl.

26 minutes ago, maynard said:

Sure, Slash won't save Axl's ass. But at least they will share the spotlight. That didn't happen with Axl's solo band. Attention went 100% to Axl.

My fear is that Axl will sound weak enough that it wont even matter that Slash and Duff are there, I saw him near the end of the last leg and while the show at the Gorge was good enough, the show in Vancouver was pretty weak and if that's what he brings to Rio, it won't be better than 2011 just because Slash is there IMO. (especially with the increased tempos)

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

My fear is that Axl will sound weak enough that it wont even matter that Slash and Duff are there, I saw him near the end of the last leg and while the show at the Gorge was good enough, the show in Vancouver was pretty weak and if that's what he brings to Rio, it won't be better than 2011 just because Slash is there IMO. (especially with the increased tempos)

"2017 Axl" cant be compared to "RIR 2011 Axl" ... Different league.

I don't expect anything special to happen (regarding Axl's voice, let alone new songs), maybe just another cover, but it should be a stable 2017 show, and I'd definitely love to have a pro-shot. Let's hope the broadcast will be of nice quality and complete.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm expecting bad sound, but I'm not even sure if I'll watch it live. How many channels will play it, just globo or whatever it's called, or is there more? I know there's at least one other version of the Rio 2001 show that has better quality, so there's hope I guess...

Apparently just Globo and Multishow. The versions with better quality of RiR 2001 are from the Argentinian and North American Direct TV broadcasts (there's also the japan highlights broadcast with very good quality but only 3 songs), but I think they don't broadcast it outside Brazil anymore.

The sound quality on the proshot Globo transmission so far has been very, very good. Steven Tyler kicked ass yesterday.

TBH, with that quality of camera/soundwork, there is absolutely no chance Axl gets away with a bad performance. I'm hoping he brings it as good as possible and doesn't get ripped apart.