If Slash goes back to SMKC after the tour..

18 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Maybe, but i don't know why Axl would do it if he could put some effort into a proper Guns album or an AC/DC album. Sure, one song isn't much work, but he might be itching to do something bigger. Then again, it is Axl we're talking about, so maybe he wouldn't want to do anything at all.

My personal belief at this point is that Slash will go to make his postponed SMKC record this winter/spring and Axl will do ACDC. My thought is working on just 1 song should be easy for Axl, and of course there is less "pressure" for him since it's not released under the Guns name, but just a contribution to Slashs album. IMHO we might be closer to hearing a song with these 2 than we might realize

• Like 2

I don't know why he shouldn't do it. He sang on Sebastian Bach's solo album “Angel Down“ too

8 minutes ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

I dunno if Axl will do AC/DC anymore, Brian seems to be back in the game as evidenced by his recent performance with Muse

That doesn't mean anything. Phil has played a whole tour with his own band and he isn't back either

Unless Axl has had a complete change of heart and/or personality, or his ego has diminished considerably, I cannot see him working on Slash (or Duff) side projects for the same reasons he's likely to never allow Guns to cover VR or Snakepit songs on the current tour.  I could be wrong, but that's my hunch.  I personally would love to see him working with the others and I'd prefer it if Guns covered a Slash or Snakepit song on tour over the other covers, but I honestly don't think it'll happen.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

No, Axl and any other member of gnr is fine, but I think there is a feeling that the Axl/Slash package is special and if you get that package it will be in the form of gnr. I see no chance of Axl having any influence on a SMKC record.

This makes a lot of sense to me.  Other members have been careful over the years pre-VR to not have too many of them together on any stage or recording to be close to being Guns.  But, yes, especially Slash and Axl I think this would still be true today.

Also, a separate thought; One song isnt hard for most working singers, but apparently is hard for Axl.  Especially a Slash track that he cant control the music on, I would think.  So Slash could try and hand him some lyrics and a melody, but we've seen where that goes.

I honestly don't believe we will be seeing a Slash and Myles album anytime soon. Same goes for an Axl/DC album, I think that was literally a "finish up the tour" kinda thing. Call me crazy, but I think new guns music is actually the most likely. Things seem to be going extremely well, from what we have heard. Slash likes to stay busy, and Axl already has a ton of music done. So I DO feel that once this tour is over, I can totally see Slash and Duff diving into the Cd2 songs and making them their own. Write a couple of new Slash rockers, boom that's the album.

Besides, WAY more money in a new Guns album than either a Slash/Myles album or an Axl/DC album imo. AC/DC fan base is very split at the moment, honestly the Guns fans are more united at the moment than the ACDC fans are. Plus a new Guns album will allow them to tour for 2 or 3 more years, and touring is where the REAL money is. 

I'm hopefull

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, soon said:

This makes a lot of sense to me.  Other members have been careful over the years pre-VR to not have too many of them together on any stage or recording to be close to being Guns.  But, yes, especially Slash and Axl I think this would still be true today.

Also, a separate thought; One song isnt hard for most working singers, but apparently is hard for Axl.  Especially a Slash track that he cant control the music on, I would think.  So Slash could try and hand him some lyrics and a melody, but we've seen where that goes.

Yea you have to take the Bach mindset with Axl...ask him to do it, he might surprise you and say yes, if he does let him do his own melody. 

• GNFNR 1

if slash goes back to smkc and axl does a fake ac/dc record it will just be the BIGGEST waste of an opportunity for these guys to finally get back to being a band and writing new material.

if there was any sort of proper managment in this bands orbit, after they make their money off the tour, theyd be wrangled together, forced to write and izzy would be begged to return.  no izzy, no guns.

i remain hopeful up until the point I remember this is axl rose and Team Yes. 

As far as axl doing a VR song or a Snake Pit song KEEP DREAMING.

Why won't axl do "Slither"? the answer is easy, he knows it's a better song than EVERYTHING on CD and he doesn't want to deal with it, he doesn't want to hear the crowds reaction that would dwarf the response to his own bullshit solo songs that he and Team Yes will try and legitimize as gnr till the day they die.  

Slash and Duff play Axl's solo songs, yet axl can't find it in his EGO to do one of theirs because he's threatened, and he's still not accepted that his expensive solo masterbation album written by employees will never be gnr.

so if slash goes back to smkc I blame axl and I blame Team Yes.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I honestly don't believe we will be seeing a Slash and Myles album anytime soon. Same goes for an Axl/DC album, I think that was literally a "finish up the tour" kinda thing. Call me crazy, but I think new guns music is actually the most likely. Things seem to be going extremely well, from what we have heard. Slash likes to stay busy, and Axl already has a ton of music done. So I DO feel that once this tour is over, I can totally see Slash and Duff diving into the Cd2 songs and making them their own. Write a couple of new Slash rockers, boom that's the album.

Besides, WAY more money in a new Guns album than either a Slash/Myles album or an Axl/DC album imo. AC/DC fan base is very split at the moment, honestly the Guns fans are more united at the moment than the ACDC fans are. Plus a new Guns album will allow them to tour for 2 or 3 more years, and touring is where the REAL money is. 

I'm hopefull

Well yes that would be the best case scenario. But Alter Bridge plan their schedule with Myles years in advance so there is no conflicting times for Myles, and, most importantly, Mark Tremonti said in December 2016 that Myles will be busy with Slash in 2018. Unless plans have changed, that's where this is going.

8 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

if slash goes back to smkc and axl does a fake ac/dc record it will just be the BIGGEST waste of an opportunity for these guys to finally get back to being a band and writing new material.

if there was any sort of proper managment in this bands orbit, after they make their money off the tour, theyd be wrangled together, forced to write and izzy would be begged to return.  no izzy, no guns.

i remain hopeful up until the point I remember this is axl rose and Team Yes. 

As far as axl doing a VR song or a Snake Pit song KEEP DREAMING.

Why won't axl do "Slither"? the answer is easy, he knows it's a better song than EVERYTHING on CD and he doesn't want to deal with it, he doesn't want to hear the crowds reaction that would dwarf the response to his own bullshit solo songs that he and Team Yes will try and legitimize as gnr till the day they die.  

Slash and Duff play Axl's solo songs, yet axl can't find it in his EGO to do one of theirs because he's threatened, and he's still not accepted that his expensive solo masterbation album written by employees will never be gnr.

so if slash goes back to smkc I blame axl and I blame Team Yes.

If the lineup was assembled for this huge tour only to ensure it goes smooth - then fuck yes, cause I couldn't bear the thought of Melissa, Frank and to a lesser extend Fortus on a new GNR album instead of any of the AFD or UYI people. I'm hopeful they will revise the line up when it comes to recording an album, and Frank said in an interview he doesn't know but HOPES he'll be involved recording with guns in the future "in whatever capacity". Big hint IMHO that this is not a permanent line up. In that sense, GNR disbanding after this tour is a good thing, not a bad one, because they can then finally make it right and finally end this goddamn lineup of these people who don't belong there.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

4 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I'm hopefull

The biggest influential factor in all of this is Angus...he isn't letting Axl go. The AC/DC album with Axl is something he wants. I think his hope is Axl can send his career out with something powerful 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

The biggest influential factor in all of this is Angus...he isn't letting Axl go. The AC/DC album with Axl is something he wants. I think his hope is Axl can send his career out with something powerful 

I think the last ACDC album was very uninspired and it showed in Angus solos even. The way he talked about Axl in the interviews "he's more like Bon, more the rock n roll character" etc. makes me believe he really believes in Axl. Brian was more of a job than real passion for Bons songs. And of course Axl is way ahead of Brian in terms of singing, Brian is almost 70 now and meanwhile Axl sings Hells Bells in the original key. Angus still appearing with the band several times after ACDCs tour ended was a big giveaway that this was not the end of that, atleast in my opinion.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think the last ACDC album was very uninspired and it showed in Angus solos even. The way he talked about Axl in the interviews "he's more like Bon, more the rock n roll character" etc. makes me believe he really believes in Axl. Brian was more of a job than real passion for Bons songs. And of course Axl is way ahead of Brian in terms of singing, Brian is almost 70 now and meanwhile Axl sings Hells Bells in the original key. Angus still appearing with the band several times after ACDCs tour ended was a big giveaway that this was not the end of that.

And honestly from a fan perspective I'd rather have an Axl who gives a shit, is fully inspired and willing to give it his all than an Axl who is lacking confidence, not motivated and really lost on direction. GNR just isn't going to get the best version of Axl for whatever reason 

23 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Isn't Brian back on board with AC/DC now?  Has anything been confirmed in that department?  I imagine their fans would be royally pissed off if Angus chooses Axl over a functioning Brian (as would we).  Also, Axl's not going to want to piss off Angus' fans or burn bridges there.  He made it clear in the interview with Angus that he was treading carefully and treating the project respectfully.  I'm very much doubting an Axl/DC album if Brian is well.  

23 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

And honestly from a fan perspective I'd rather have an Axl who gives a shit, is fully inspired and willing to give it his all than an Axl who is lacking confidence, not motivated and really lost on direction. GNR just isn't going to get the best version of Axl for whatever reason 

I fully believe that if Guns get into the studio to record, we'll get a fuck off awesome version of Axl.  His voice may be shot for touring, but he'll sound good in the studio where he can have multiple takes to get it right and maybe a bit of subtle autotune for pitch correction and whatnot (autotune can be used successfully if done right).  I've got no worries about Axl sounding good for a GNR album.  The touring of said album would be a different matter...

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Isn't Brian back on board with AC/DC now?  Has anything been confirmed in that department?  I imagine their fans would be royally pissed off if Angus chooses Axl over a functioning Brian (as would we).  Also, Axl's not going to want to piss off Angus' fans or burn bridges there.  He made it clear in the interview with Angus that he was treading carefully and treating the project respectfully.  I'm very much doubting an Axl/DC album if Brian is well.  

Brian and Angus won't work together again. Brian showing up for one performance doesn't make him capable of completing a 2 hour show nor an entire tour. I think that relationship is fried anyways. 

Axl doesn't give a damn about Brian or being respectful to him, his idols are Angus and Bon. His loyalties will be to Angus and what Angus wants 

34 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I fully believe that if Guns get into the studio to record, we'll get a fuck off awesome version of Axl.  His voice may be shot for touring, but he'll sound good in the studio where he can have multiple takes to get it right and maybe a bit of subtle autotune for pitch correction and whatnot (autotune can be used successfully if done right).  I've got no worries about Axl sounding good for a GNR album.  The touring of said album would be a different matter...

Axl's touring voice isn't even shot. His willingness to fix his style to be original to his own songs is lacking. He is in autopilot but I think it's clear when you hear him perform "I Feel Good" that he's not missing much at the moment. 

16 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Brian and Angus won't work together again. Brian showing up for one performance doesn't make him capable of completing a 2 hour show nor an entire tour. I think that relationship is fried anyways. 

Axl doesn't give a damn about Brian or being respectful to him, his idols are Angus and Bon. His loyalties will be to Angus and what Angus wants 

OK, that's a good point.  I'm not clued up on what's happening with AC/DC and Brian.  I just heard he was 'back'.

No, I didn't mean Axl would respect Brian, but that he'd respect the territory, especially the fan territory, if you know what I mean.  He's talked about the importance of that before, of being aware that those are not 'his' fans, so I would assume he'd proceed with caution.  Of course if Angus 'twists his arm'... I dunno, it's one thing for Axl to step in and rescue the day, as it were, propping up the tour, but to record an album?  Maybe it's my inherent bias, but an Accadacca album with Axl vocals would be really weird and wrong.  And I'm merely a casual fan...imagine the reaction of hardcore fans?  Can't help feeling Axl would be making a mistake there.  

13 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl's touring voice isn't even shot. His willingness to fix his style to be original to his own songs is lacking. He is in autopilot but I think it's clear when you hear him perform "I Feel Good" that he's not missing much at the moment. 

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Yes, IFG he sounds amazing.  But it's one song.  Can he sound that amazing live for 3 hours?  1 hour?  3 songs?  Very happy to eat my words though if he ever shows he's still got what it takes beyond moments within songs and one song. 

And I just discovered how to multiple quote from different posts. Happy days! :lol: 

Why would GN'R take time off? Touring has been really successful and Slash will make way more $$$ doing GN'R.

GN'R needs a new album with this lineup or a couple of new hit singles on the radio. This is the only thing missing.

Also, Axl and Slash seem to be having a blast together.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

OK, that's a good point.  I'm not clued up on what's happening with AC/DC and Brian.  I just heard he was 'back'.

No, I didn't mean Axl would respect Brian, but that he'd respect the territory, especially the fan territory, if you know what I mean.  He's talked about the importance of that before, of being aware that those are not 'his' fans, so I would assume he'd proceed with caution.  Of course if Angus 'twists his arm'... I dunno, it's one thing for Axl to step in and rescue the day, as it were, propping up the tour, but to record an album?  Maybe it's my inherent bias, but an Accadacca album with Axl vocals would be really weird and wrong.  And I'm merely a casual fan...imagine the reaction of hardcore fans?  Can't help feeling Axl would be making a mistake there.  

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Yes, IFG he sounds amazing.  But it's one song.  Can he sound that amazing live for 3 hours?  1 hour?  3 songs?  Very happy to eat my words though if he ever shows he's still got what it takes beyond moments within songs and one song. 

And I just discovered how to multiple quote from different posts. Happy days! :lol: 

Yea the hardcore fans are going to hate it, but as much as they say they will ignore it the curiosity of Angus working with someone else will be too much. Imagine if it's good too? They will claim Axl as theirs haha it will be strange but I'm curious to hear something from these guys.

as far as sounding good for a sustained period...look no further than the AC/DC shows last year. He was going 20+ songs back to back...no tent breaks just all out singing at the top of his range for 2+ hours.  He's more than capable. 

• Like 1